New Disney-Pixar stamps!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: New Disney-Pixar stamps!

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:Ok you have my interest now. Do you guys have presentation packs for these things or is it only first day covers. I collect stamps in presentation pack form. If you do them this way do you think your postal service would ship to Britain.
I'm not sure what you mean by presentation pack form. Your best bet is to check out the official website for the US Postal service. I'm sure you will find what forms the stamps come in there. I would think you could also find some contact info to see if they ship overseas. If it turns out they have what you want, but won't ship it to you, let me know and maybe I could get it to you :D
www.usps.com

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sun 21, 2011 5:40 pm

I believe the "presentation package" is a 8.5 by 11 sheet that the stamps come on that give details about that particular series. It's what stamp collectors can buy and then get framed if they so choose....

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Aug Mon 22, 2011 5:59 am

mindflipper wrote:I believe the "presentation package" is a 8.5 by 11 sheet that the stamps come on that give details about that particular series. It's what stamp collectors can buy and then get framed if they so choose....
That's pretty much it Mindflipper. It is sleeved detail sheet with the stamps sitting centrally.
Amy I have had a look at the site and although your postal service does not do these packs I have seen some other delightful goodies on the site especially the Disney packs. Joe says it is possible to get them shipped so watch this space you have unleashed a monster. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 22, 2011 6:43 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I believe the "presentation package" is a 8.5 by 11 sheet that the stamps come on that give details about that particular series. It's what stamp collectors can buy and then get framed if they so choose....
That's pretty much it Mindflipper. It is sleeved detail sheet with the stamps sitting centrally.
Amy I have had a look at the site and although your postal service does not do these packs I have seen some other delightful goodies on the site especially the Disney packs. Joe says it is possible to get them shipped so watch this space you have unleashed a monster. :D
Always happy to help out a fellow Disney shopper ;) Glad you have found some goodies. You might want to call them and double check what they offer. They might not put everything they have on the site ~ especially the collectible items.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Mon 22, 2011 9:22 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
Sleepy90: if you ever have a problem with getting something shipped to the UK, we'll be glad to help. I've let some UK friends use my address to ship to when some companies will only ship in the US, and then take it to post office and mail it to them (and they PAYPAL me a reimbursement for the postage).

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 25, 2011 11:45 am

DisneyTimon wrote:
Amy wrote:Did anybody else see the news that the US Postal service is going to issue stamps featuring Disney-Pixar characters on Friday, August 19th?
They're supposed to have a ceremony celebrating the release at the D23 Expo.
There was a bit of confusion after the session and the line for signing. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the correct line (there were three), so I left for the next session. I'm going to stop by the Anaheim Post Office to see if they have any extra first day issues. They probably won't have those cool D23 envelopes.
Crud! I wish I had logged in to see this...if you went back over to the USPS booth, they were sold out of the ones with the D23 envelopes, but were taking orders to mail out to you. That's what we did. Plus we got the set of first day covers.
There was so much happening and so many lines to stand in, that we missed out on a bunch of stuff (but still got to see a lot). I think my phone had a stroke while we were there. I've been trying to nurse it back to health ever since... :roll:

...I'm trying to recover and will be working feverishly on the report this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to post at least some of it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 25, 2011 12:39 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
DisneyTimon wrote:
Amy wrote:Did anybody else see the news that the US Postal service is going to issue stamps featuring Disney-Pixar characters on Friday, August 19th?
They're supposed to have a ceremony celebrating the release at the D23 Expo.
There was a bit of confusion after the session and the line for signing. Unfortunately, I wasn't in the correct line (there were three), so I left for the next session. I'm going to stop by the Anaheim Post Office to see if they have any extra first day issues. They probably won't have those cool D23 envelopes.
Crud! I wish I had logged in to see this...if you went back over to the USPS booth, they were sold out of the ones with the D23 envelopes, but were taking orders to mail out to you. That's what we did. Plus we got the set of first day covers.
There was so much happening and so many lines to stand in, that we missed out on a bunch of stuff (but still got to see a lot). I think my phone had a stroke while we were there. I've been trying to nurse it back to health ever since... :roll:

...I'm trying to recover and will be working feverishly on the report this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to post at least some of it.
Hopefully they will work on the lines a bit for next year. Sounds like that took up most of the time while you were waiting, and then there was some confusion over whether you would even get in to a show once you stood forever in the line. Sounds like a mess. Glad it was just your phone and neither you or Chernabog had too many problems with standing so long!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Well, it goes beyond the lines...there's a whole other realm, but I'll disuss it in the report.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 25, 2011 7:03 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Well, it goes beyond the lines...there's a whole other realm, but I'll disuss it in the report.
And the report is coming....soon? No rush...but...soon?! ;) :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Like I said earlier, I will definitely be working on it this weekend. Whether I'll be able to post anything or not yet, remains to be seen...there are over 3,000 pictures to weed through.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Thu 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Well, it goes beyond the lines...there's a whole other realm, but I'll disuss it in the report.
And the report is coming....soon? No rush...but...soon?! ;) :lol:
i'm glad nobody around here is getting pushy... :wink: :mrgreen: :lol:

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Aug Tue 30, 2011 8:28 am

Sleepy90 wrote:Ok you have my interest now. Do you guys have presentation packs for these things or is it only first day covers. I collect stamps in presentation pack form. If you do them this way do you think your postal service would ship to Britain.
I'm still catching up on work and posts! At the Expo, they sold the stamps/envelopes a couple of different ways. You were able to buy the envelopes with the stamps, which they then canceled with a special rubber stamp (going from memory since those are at home and I'm at work), and they also sold a set with the D23 Expo logo. Those were sold out, but we were able to special order them. I hope they arrive soon!

I just looked online for you at the USPS Store, and I don't see any of the presentation packs (yet). However, here's the information for the Post Office that is the closest to Disneyland. They always get the "left overs" or extras of any Disney-related items because of their proximity to Disneyland. You may want to contact them if you're interested in seeing if they have any left for sale.

United States Postal Service
1180 West Ball Road
Anaheim CA 92812-9998

Toll Free Phone Number: (800) 275-8777
Toll Phone Number: (714) 533-8182

http://usps.whitepages.com/service/post ... ca-1367182

If they have them and don't ship to the UK, please let me know and I can get those out to you.
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 30, 2011 1:33 pm

So you were able to order a set of the D23 Expo ones? We did too, and are anxiously awaiting their arrival...
I was bummed after the first day to see they were sold out, but when we went past there again (either Sat. or Sun. I can't remember...), they had put up the sign noting that they would be mailed out to you. We jumped right on it!