Disney Store Fragrance collection

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Disney Store Fragrance collection

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 30, 2011 7:20 pm

I was trolling for some information this evening and came across this article about the Disney Store launching a new fragrance collection called Imagination Since we are still in the dark ages and have a cruddy Disney Store, I haven't had a chance to see this in person. It sounds like a pleasant scent, but it seems like the prices are a tad on the high side. Has anyone seen this in the new fangled Disney Stores and perhaps tried it? I'm curious to see what your impressions are...Here is the link to the article.... http://www.wdwradio.com/2011/06/what-do ... ollection/

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney Store Fragrance collection

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Sat 30, 2011 9:13 pm

I don't think I've heard of that before. Interesting read.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sat 30, 2011 11:12 pm

I would love to smell that!!! We were just at our Disney Store today (B-dude was having some work done on the "Turd" at the Sears which happens to be connected to the mall) and they had nothing like this. Our Disney Store is not the best! I would have to be able to smell it before purchasing it. Too bad there are no scratch and sniff web sites.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Sat 30, 2011 11:47 pm

From what I have seen the fragrance line is only showing up at the IP stores. My IP store has had it for close to two months already. The IP stores are also carrying some jewelry now along with the iPhone/iPad cases.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 31, 2011 8:16 am

boilerbabe wrote:I would love to smell that!!! We were just at our Disney Store today (B-dude was having some work done on the "Turd" at the Sears which happens to be connected to the mall) and they had nothing like this. Our Disney Store is not the best! I would have to be able to smell it before purchasing it. Too bad there are no scratch and sniff web sites.
Do you have the fancy new store by you? If so, I am extremely envious! I wandered through our blah "Disney" caters-only-to-the-under-5-set-with-awful-smelling-plastics-made-in-China Store a few days ago and didn't even see anything that I wanted to stop and look at more closely. Terrible :(
Len90 wrote:From what I have seen the fragrance line is only showing up at the IP stores. My IP store has had it for close to two months already. The IP stores are also carrying some jewelry now along with the iPhone/iPad cases.
Yes, I believe the article mentioned that the fragrances came out in early June. Oh, jewelry and iphone cases?!?! Those sound like grown-up things to look at :D Although they are probably still made in China :roll:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 31, 2011 12:34 pm

No Amy, our Disney store is exactly like the one you're describing.

Forgive my ignorance Len, but what is a IP store? :oops:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 01, 2011 10:55 am

boilerbabe wrote:No Amy, our Disney store is exactly like the one you're describing.

Immagination Park stores are the latest concept that all stores will be transformed into within 5 years. They feature a princess castle with magic mirror, ridemakerz, and a small theater. They incorporate a lot more technology and are designed to be like a mini theme park. The stores create an experience for you to shop in. IMO they are a huge step up from the TCP stores but not as nostalgic as the classic prop warehouse stores.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Mon 01, 2011 10:56 am

Len90 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:No Amy, our Disney store is exactly like the one you're describing.

Immagination Park stores are the latest concept that all stores will be transformed into within 5 years. They feature a princess castle with magic mirror, ridemakerz, and a small theater. They incorporate a lot more technology and are designed to be like a mini theme park. The stores create an experience for you to shop in. IMO they are a huge step up from the TCP stores but not as nostalgic as the classic prop warehouse stores.
Thanks for the explanation Len! Do they have more stuff for adults?!

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by pixiesparkles » Feb Thu 16, 2012 7:18 pm

I have heard of the fragrances. Unfortunately, we no longer have any Disney stores open, so I can't get the chance to smell the scents...bummer!! I wonder if the fragrances can be found in the parks?

DemonOfMusic

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Thu 16, 2012 9:40 pm

I would LOVE to know what this smells like. I think if I were to get my hands on it, I would wear it everywhere, everyday, all the time... But the only Disney store ANYWHERE near my house has just been replaced with a Container Store :shock: If anyone actually gets this, post on how it smells!!
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 8:13 am

It smells incredible! I found it this holiday weekend at the Disney store outside Chicago. The temptation to buy... :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Soarin08 wrote:It smells incredible! I found it this holiday weekend at the Disney store outside Chicago. The temptation to buy... :lol:
But you didn't?! :(

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 8:50 am

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:It smells incredible! I found it this holiday weekend at the Disney store outside Chicago. The temptation to buy... :lol:
I didn't want to take it on the plane and have it leak in my suitcase.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 08, 2012 10:25 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:
I didn't want to take it on the plane and have it leak in my suitcase.
Oh, yeah, I can understand that....