Disney Store Outlets to Sell Theme Park Merchandise

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Store Outlets to Sell Theme Park Merchandise

Post by Len90 » Jun Tue 28, 2011 11:52 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Ok, I think everyone is confusing two different stores here..The Disney Store is..well the Disney Store. Character Warehouse is the name of the store that Disney has in Outlet malls, and they ONLY sell theme park merchandise. I actually almost worked at the one in Sawgrass Mills, but they weren't hiring when I was in need of a job(ye they all know me by name, I'm there so much!). The CW stores are run by Disney, and employees get all the benefits as Cast members in Orlando. The deals are amazing! If anyone is ever looking for something I can be a personal shopper and pick it up for ya! Just tell me what you're looking for.
You are 100% correct. I do think people mistaking the theme park outlet stores for the Disney Store Outlet. The stores in the Orlando premium and Orlando prime outlets are full blown theme park outlets. Those are hit or miss but you can catch some really great deals there.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 29, 2011 6:24 am

mindflipper wrote:Yodiwan: I suggest that if you do this, you should do it as a "group" deal or you will be running in circles otherwise...
T o be honest I only live 5 minutes away, so it real would be no big deal!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 29, 2011 6:42 am

yodiwan1 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Yodiwan: I suggest that if you do this, you should do it as a "group" deal or you will be running in circles otherwise...
T o be honest I only live 5 minutes away, so it real would be no big deal!
I don't imagine we would keep coming up with things on a whim either. I'm like you yodiwan1, I love to shop and when I can get a bargain...even better! But you can only shop so much for yourself, so if you can help others out, then you can shop more ;)
Do they ever have CD's or movies at the outlets?

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 29, 2011 10:23 am

i have seen then there, but never looked at the prices. lots of collectables, pins, clothes, stuffed animals, holiday stuff...you name it, it's there! even weird stuff like sports teams items, and reg. board games since they are actually sold at DTD.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 29, 2011 11:19 am

What sort of pins do they have? I am looking to get a hold of some pins for trading, but I'd like to keep the cost down. We have a Character Warehouse here and I keep checking their pin inventory because the pricing changes so often over there...

Anyhow, I was just informed that sometime between now and next week our Disney Store Outlet will be getting more park merchandise...I'll be interested to see what we get. :D

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 29, 2011 12:30 pm

when i look to get cheap pins i go on ebay, it you buy a lot you can get them under $1/pin.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jun Wed 29, 2011 12:43 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:when i look to get cheap pins i go on ebay, it you buy a lot you can get them under $1/pin.
Are the ones you get on EBAY "real" pins? I'm afraid they are knock-offs that won't work to pin trade once you get to the park. Let me know from which buyer you have gotten some before and I will buy some from them too. There are so many on EBAY, I don't know where to start!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Wed 29, 2011 3:17 pm

to be honest, i have no idea if they are real or not, they look real, and i have never NEVER had anyone say anything....i just look for people that have high ratings...Member id travelinwynns, cfc93, and Member id ezpinner are some I have bought from. I have aso gotten in touch with some people and worked out deals just through paypall.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 29, 2011 3:50 pm

I think I know what cousininmiami is referring to as for as the fakes. On Ebay, you have to beware of the bootlegs sold from China. They make bootleg pins as well as bootleg DVDs.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 29, 2011 7:25 pm

cousininmiami wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:when i look to get cheap pins i go on ebay, it you buy a lot you can get them under $1/pin.
Are the ones you get on EBAY "real" pins? I'm afraid they are knock-offs that won't work to pin trade once you get to the park. Let me know from which buyer you have gotten some before and I will buy some from them too. There are so many on EBAY, I don't know where to start!
That is my fear as well, which is why I look in the outlet for cheap pins. But thanks for the info...I'll check it out! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 29, 2011 8:06 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:
That is my fear as well, which is why I look in the outlet for cheap pins. But thanks for the info...I'll check it out! :D
When I was looking for a Disney bracelet on ebay recently I found there were a lot of things that were listed as "new, without tags" that originated in China. I would guess they might actually be Disney merchandise but sold sort of under the table without the official Disney packaging. I'm guessing most of the Disney merchandise originates in China anyhow :roll:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Just beware...the worst piracy and bootlegs (because they look soooooo legit) seem to be coming out of China right now...

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Wed 29, 2011 11:37 pm

for DVD and Bluray the new hotbed is Mexico. The ones from Mexico and China aren't technically bootlegs as they are taken from the factory that is making the actual ones that will go to market.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 29, 2011 11:42 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:for DVD and Bluray the new hotbed is Mexico. The ones from Mexico and China aren't technically bootlegs as they are taken from the factory that is making the actual ones that will go to market.
Could be true of Mexico, but I've seen some of the bootlegs out of China and they're not taken illegally out of the DVD factory. They're just bad fakes.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Thu 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Ah, you actually can/could get the "real" ones that weren't for sale yet with little problem in HK. I remember someone came back from HK and used the company cargo system to bring back a small crate of discs (well also covered by computer hardware) and the total pile only cost about USD$10. Apparently it's a lot like buying any contriband where you go into a seculded alley, pound on a metal door, pay someone, then another door opens further away and your stuff is sitting in a bag on the ground.

Now that so many optical media packages are stamped "Henco en Mexico" you can just roll down to TJ and buy them the same way, but with different food.