Disney Store Outlets to Sell Theme Park Merchandise

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney Store Outlets to Sell Theme Park Merchandise

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Sat 25, 2011 10:27 pm

Ooooh I better get some hair gel too!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 26, 2011 2:12 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Hey, I was bashing the state itself, not the people living there! As much as Jersey Shores gives NJ residents a bad image, there are others like Len90 and Mark86 (and isn't RDeacon a NJ resident, too?) that are the direct opposites of that! I know from Len90 there are times he wishes he could live elsewhere (and I would imagine a Central Florida location would be at the top of that list)....
New Jersey already has an outlet store...I think, so they are already lucky :D
Actually there are three Disney store outlets in NJ that I am aware of. One in Paramus (north), one in Tinton Falls (central), and one in Atlantic City (south). As for bashing the state... Please don't let a TV show with characters who are for the most part from NJ sway your ideas of the state. Things have gotten a little better over the past year or two here. rdeacon is from NJ and we have met at local diners ;) There are also a couple of other less active members from this state including a couple of friends of mine from RU. None of these people are what you think NJ residents are like due to that show.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Jun Sun 26, 2011 2:23 am

There must be a reason why Disney sends the theme park merchandise to the NY store and not any of the NJ stores. As for the Jersey Shore, it doesn't represent Jersey peeps. I prefer to pump my own gas, not my fists :D
Mark86

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Mon 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Ah, finally, I didn't know it was so hard to find Drakkar Noir outside of 1980.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Mon 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Ah, finally, I didn't know it was so hard to find Drakkar Noir outside of 1980.

LOL!!! What no Borkum Riff??
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Mon 27, 2011 3:10 pm

They were sold out, all I could find were Virginia Slims.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Mon 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Okay so it seems like this is extremely limited as both the Hershey and Lancaster locations do not have park merchandise.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 28, 2011 6:46 am

Len90 wrote:Okay so it seems like this is extremely limited as both the Hershey and Lancaster locations do not have park merchandise.
Maybe it is just a little test as you thought. If it sells as well as, or better than, the other outlet merchandise, then they might expand into the other stores.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Jun Tue 28, 2011 8:53 am

We used to have a Disney theme park outlet store in the Dolphin Mall here in Miami, and I would go there once a month! They had pins (REAL DISNEY THEME PARK PINS) for as much as $4.99 and as little as .49 cents one time! The time they were .49cents, I went in and bought 50 of them! They were all the same generally, and none that I would keep, but were perfect for CM pin trading! I literally from over the last 2-3 years of pin trading have 150 hidden Mickey type pins that I traded for!

They had so much stuff, it was awesome! But sadly, they closed and I don't know why. There is another one right near WDW that I am going to this upcoming trip. Hopefully will be able to buy some cheap trading pins and maybe a t-shirt or two. I will report and take pictures in a couple weeks!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 28, 2011 10:27 am

cousininmiami wrote:We used to have a Disney theme park outlet store in the Dolphin Mall here in Miami, and I would go there once a month! They had pins (REAL DISNEY THEME PARK PINS) for as much as $4.99 and as little as .49 cents one time! The time they were .49cents, I went in and bought 50 of them! They were all the same generally, and none that I would keep, but were perfect for CM pin trading! I literally from over the last 2-3 years of pin trading have 150 hidden Mickey type pins that I traded for!

They had so much stuff, it was awesome! But sadly, they closed and I don't know why. There is another one right near WDW that I am going to this upcoming trip. Hopefully will be able to buy some cheap trading pins and maybe a t-shirt or two. I will report and take pictures in a couple weeks!
...probably because they had to sell stuff for 0.49 cents in order to move the merchandise!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 28, 2011 11:51 am

cousininmiami wrote:We used to have a Disney theme park outlet store in the Dolphin Mall here in Miami, and I would go there once a month! They had pins (REAL DISNEY THEME PARK PINS) for as much as $4.99 and as little as .49 cents one time! The time they were .49cents, I went in and bought 50 of them! They were all the same generally, and none that I would keep, but were perfect for CM pin trading! I literally from over the last 2-3 years of pin trading have 150 hidden Mickey type pins that I traded for!

Smart thinking buying up the cheap pins for trading. I looked at a few pins this past trip but just couldn't bring myself to pay $12+ for a hunk of metal :shock:

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jun Tue 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Ok, I think everyone is confusing two different stores here..The Disney Store is..well the Disney Store. Character Warehouse is the name of the store that Disney has in Outlet malls, and they ONLY sell theme park merchandise. I actually almost worked at the one in Sawgrass Mills, but they weren't hiring when I was in need of a job(ye they all know me by name, I'm there so much!). The CW stores are run by Disney, and employees get all the benefits as Cast members in Orlando. The deals are amazing! If anyone is ever looking for something I can be a personal shopper and pick it up for ya! Just tell me what you're looking for.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 28, 2011 4:33 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Ok, I think everyone is confusing two different stores here..The Disney Store is..well the Disney Store. Character Warehouse is the name of the store that Disney has in Outlet malls, and they ONLY sell theme park merchandise. I actually almost worked at the one in Sawgrass Mills, but they weren't hiring when I was in need of a job(ye they all know me by name, I'm there so much!). The CW stores are run by Disney, and employees get all the benefits as Cast members in Orlando. The deals are amazing! If anyone is ever looking for something I can be a personal shopper and pick it up for ya! Just tell me what you're looking for.
Ding :!: Personal shopper at our service :?: :!: Yay! That is quite kind of you to offer. I might need to take you up on that sometime in the future :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Tue 28, 2011 4:39 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Ok, I think everyone is confusing two different stores here..The Disney Store is..well the Disney Store. Character Warehouse is the name of the store that Disney has in Outlet malls, and they ONLY sell theme park merchandise. I actually almost worked at the one in Sawgrass Mills, but they weren't hiring when I was in need of a job(ye they all know me by name, I'm there so much!). The CW stores are run by Disney, and employees get all the benefits as Cast members in Orlando. The deals are amazing! If anyone is ever looking for something I can be a personal shopper and pick it up for ya! Just tell me what you're looking for.
I may take you up on this!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Yodiwan: I suggest that if you do this, you should do it as a "group" deal or you will be running in circles otherwise...