Disney Store Outlets to Sell Theme Park Merchandise

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Disney Store Outlets to Sell Theme Park Merchandise

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Mon 18, 2011 11:37 am

Just got back from my 10 day trip! ( will get to my trip report in another thread). I went to the Character Wherehouse in the Premier outlets (they are the ones you can see from the freeway on I-4 on Vineland), and I went totally nuts!!!! The selection was amazing and the prices were incredible!!!

This is a true Disney store, it's just an outlet. All the employees work for the Disney company. I asked a lot of questions when I was there.

There were hundreds of pins to choose from. All were priced $2.99 - $4.99. Can you believe it??? The best deal was a pack of (7) pins in a Tanagram, you know all triangles of varying sizes. This was $8.99 for the 7 pin set! So I bought (3) packages for a total of $27 for 21 pins, a little over a dollar a pin! I traded all the pins, this was fun and a totally great value!

They had a ton of merchandise, toys, collectables, kitchen stuff, t-shirts, just about anything you might want. All great prices, at least 1/2 off the park price or less. They also had a lot of the snack-y things like Disney Taffy bags and boxes, Goofy candy all sorts, Chip and Dale pretzels, trail mix, the list goes on. All the same park stuff, 1/2 price and nothing out of date!

My husband and I went in there and bought souvenirs and gifts for the whole family to bring home, (even the doggies!) and many things for ourselves! I bought the trading pins and a few other $2.99 pins that I wanted, a bunch of candy things, presents for everyone and spent $200! This would have been over $400 in the parks!

So I am here to report that the outlet is awesome!! But maybe we should keep it at shhhhhhhhh Subsonic secret!!!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 18, 2011 6:54 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Just got back from my 10 day trip! ( will get to my trip report in another thread). I went to the Character Wherehouse in the Premier outlets (they are the ones you can see from the freeway on I-4 on Vineland), and I went totally nuts!!!! The selection was amazing and the prices were incredible!!!

This is a true Disney store, it's just an outlet. All the employees work for the Disney company. I asked a lot of questions when I was there.

There were hundreds of pins to choose from. All were priced $2.99 - $4.99. Can you believe it??? The best deal was a pack of (7) pins in a Tanagram, you know all triangles of varying sizes. This was $8.99 for the 7 pin set! So I bought (3) packages for a total of $27 for 21 pins, a little over a dollar a pin! I traded all the pins, this was fun and a totally great value!

They had a ton of merchandise, toys, collectables, kitchen stuff, t-shirts, just about anything you might want. All great prices, at least 1/2 off the park price or less. They also had a lot of the snack-y things like Disney Taffy bags and boxes, Goofy candy all sorts, Chip and Dale pretzels, trail mix, the list goes on. All the same park stuff, 1/2 price and nothing out of date!

My husband and I went in there and bought souvenirs and gifts for the whole family to bring home, (even the doggies!) and many things for ourselves! I bought the trading pins and a few other $2.99 pins that I wanted, a bunch of candy things, presents for everyone and spent $200! This would have been over $400 in the parks!

So I am here to report that the outlet is awesome!! But maybe we should keep it at shhhhhhhhh Subsonic secret!!!
That's awesome! How great that you were able to find nice pins, at a reasonable cost to trade for pins that you really wanted :D One of these trips we should try to get there somehow. It's just hard when you don't drive to the resort or have a rental while you are there :(

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Glad to hear the Premier outlet was a huge hit. I'm hoping it's just as good when I hit it up on the 20th of Aug. As said before, those stores are different than Disney Store outlets.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Thu 21, 2011 6:34 am

Tuesday night at Sawgrass Mills Character Warehouse they had a pin/vinylmation event. They had 5.99 vynilmations, and pins from $.99 to 4.99!!! They had that tanagram set as well that COusininmiami mentioned, as well as the 8 pin and lanyard set that was for sale at the parks for $15.99. I ended up getting 2 vynals and 33 pins for under $40.00!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 21, 2011 6:44 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Tuesday night at Sawgrass Mills Character Warehouse they had a pin/vinylmation event. They had 5.99 vynilmations, and pins from $.99 to 4.99!!! They had that tanagram set as well that COusininmiami mentioned, as well as the 8 pin and lanyard set that was for sale at the parks for $15.99. I ended up getting 2 vynals and 33 pins for under $40.00!!!
Are you planning on trading them at the parks?

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Jul Thu 21, 2011 8:18 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Tuesday night at Sawgrass Mills Character Warehouse they had a pin/vinylmation event. They had 5.99 vynilmations, and pins from $.99 to 4.99!!! They had that tanagram set as well that COusininmiami mentioned, as well as the 8 pin and lanyard set that was for sale at the parks for $15.99. I ended up getting 2 vynals and 33 pins for under $40.00!!!
I had no idea that there was a Character Warehouse in Sawgrass!!! This is dangerous!!! Not that far from me really, I didn't know we were practically neighbors yodiwan1...
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 21, 2011 8:20 am

cousininmiami wrote:
I had no idea that there was a Character Warehouse in Sawgrass!!! This is dangerous!!! Not that far from me really, I didn't know we were practically neighbors yodiwan1...
See, now you can stock up on your pins for trading much, much closer to home :D

lauraarhianne
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by lauraarhianne » Jul Thu 21, 2011 8:34 am

oh wow, great! I can't wait to buy them........
~Have a Magical day~

http://www.themickeyworld.com

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Oct Mon 03, 2011 8:45 am

There is another Pin Trading / Vinylmation event tomorrow night October 4th at Sawgrass Mills Disney Outlet! Unfortunately, I will not make it there because my son has a Varsity baseball game. So I went there a couple days ago to see what they have. There were pins for as little as $2.99 suitable for keeping and/or trading. And many of their zip up hoodie sweatshirts that are regularly over $50, were only $9.99. We had a great time, spent $100 on Disney stuff then went to Rainforest Cafe for dinner! I hope some Subsonic friends can go and report in!