Layoffs coming to Disney Company

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Layoffs coming to Disney Company

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Sun 19, 2011 10:53 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I know my car has a standard RCA jack for everything but I also got an apple connection put in my car so I could control it from the nav screen.
How expensive was that?? It's a great idea.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 19, 2011 11:42 am

It's actually been very interesting the past couple of years when looking at new cars. Back in like 2007 it was rare to see an AUX port on a car so you can plug into any device's headphone jack. Now it seems like every car has one and they are starting to incorporate hard disks ore USB ports so you can plug directly into any device and maintain control of it through the car stereo as opposed to needing to touch your device when plugged in through the headphone jack.

As for the diskless media, as said before we are just waiting to get better broadband coverage and figure out how to effectively charge for the bandwidth. I think we are only a couple years out as we have the technology.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Sun 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I know my car has a standard RCA jack for everything but I also got an apple connection put in my car so I could control it from the nav screen.
How expensive was that?? It's a great idea.
I don't fully remember but it was several hundred total (I also got XM and an override switch installed and this was all built in/hidden stuff rather than visible.

The coverage for broadband is a problem (mostly becuase the country gets so spread out), but the effective charge is a myth. The notion of the caps/metered rates was that it was a scarce resource that doesn't replenish or adapt, but apparently networks do smoothly adapt to changes in demand, it may be slower than normal if everyone is downloading but it doesn't kill the network.