Disney Phone Cases

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Re: Disney Phone Cases

Post by DisneyTimon » May Sat 28, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm happy with my Disney iPhone 4 case that I bought at Disneyland. I was hoping to make a custom Disney phone case through Zazzle, but the Disney choices for customizing are extremely limited. I wanted that one that says "Disney" where the characters make up the letters.
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 28, 2011 3:35 pm

DisneyTimon wrote:I'm happy with my Disney iPhone 4 case that I bought at Disneyland. I was hoping to make a custom Disney phone case through Zazzle, but the Disney choices for customizing are extremely limited. I wanted that one that says "Disney" where the characters make up the letters.
I think I had a shirt or a sweatshirt like that once ~ that design is awesome!! What did you end up getting?

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » May Sun 29, 2011 11:37 am

Amy wrote: I think I had a shirt or a sweatshirt like that once ~ that design is awesome!! What did you end up getting?
I wound up getting the Mickey and Donald "face" cases for my iPhone, which I thought was fun. From Zazzle, I've done everything from shirts to stamps. There are some hard-to-find characters, but I've used my PhotoPass pictures for Christmas cards and stamps. And as gag gifts, I've given friends postage stamps with my picture on it. Sure, they probably don't want to see me, but who is going to turn down a free sheet of stamps? :-)
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Mon 30, 2011 11:43 am

I went and looked now that I know Disney has cases available and found this
http://www.disneystore.com/walt-disney- ... 1/1000235/
Nice! Now, I need to reel myself back in and look for 3gs cases since I don't have a 4 :lol:
EDIT: This same castle case is available for my phone! But, it is $30 and I don't think I can do that when I will probably upgrade soon...guess I will have to stick with my Mickey Mouse sticker for now :roll:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Mon 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Yeah the case is a little bit pricey but seems to be around the ballpark price for iPhone cases. I did notice that they also have iPad cases available but are only for the iPad 1 as of last check. If you get a new iPhone 4 then it might be worth it!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » May Mon 30, 2011 7:21 pm

That's actually kind of high for whatever the term is for "authorized apple product" is since Apple isn't getting their usual massive cut. I wonder if it works with the white iphones since they apparently are having issues?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Tue 31, 2011 12:45 am

Wizzard419 wrote:That's actually kind of high for whatever the term is for "authorized apple product" is since Apple isn't getting their usual massive cut. I wonder if it works with the white iphones since they apparently are having issues?
The issue with the white iPhone is that they are like 0.2 mm thicker than the black ones and thus are not fitting into some cases or are too tight for a case.

As for the price, it is right on target for a phone case. The going price for any case that I have seen for the iPhone at apple or AT&T is between $30 and $45. I believe incase is in a similar position as the disney case since they make cases for the full line apple products. They are usually the first ones to have a case out when a new product or redesigned item debuts. Their phone cases are also around the same price as the disney one.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Tue 31, 2011 6:14 am

Len90 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:That's actually kind of high for whatever the term is for "authorized apple product" is since Apple isn't getting their usual massive cut. I wonder if it works with the white iphones since they apparently are having issues?
The issue with the white iPhone is that they are like 0.2 mm thicker than the black ones and thus are not fitting into some cases or are too tight for a case.
As for the price, it is right on target for a phone case. The going price for any case that I have seen for the iPhone at apple or AT&T is between $30 and $45. I believe incase is in a similar position as the disney case since they make cases for the full line apple products. They are usually the first ones to have a case out when a new product or redesigned item debuts. Their phone cases are also around the same price as the disney one.
Hmmm, I wondered about the white phones myself. My problem is I bought several cases for my current iphone, thinking I would return old ones I hadn't opened as I found different ones I liked. But then I didn't take back the old ones, and I didn't want to bother changing the case, so I have new "old" cases sitting around here, while my phone is always in one case. I suppose I could always sell them cheap on ebay...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Tue 31, 2011 3:32 pm

Yeah I really don't advise buying too many cases for a phone. I have two for my iPhone 4 since I originally bought the invade slider and now have the Disney snap back. I find that you get comfortable with your phone in a certain case and are highly unlikely willing to switch cases on a weekly/monthly basis. Secondly with the way of technology it seems like each phone is an old model after just a few months.
- Len90

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » May Tue 31, 2011 4:52 pm

Len90 wrote:

Yep, which made the compaines that make tight cases furious.

30-45 is right for apple/att because they pay extra (anywhere from 10-33% of the sale price) to Apple so they can carry the iPhone brand name and be sold in the same place you buy the phone, if you buy them outside of that criteria the prices drop steeply.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Wed 01, 2011 1:29 am

I bought a case for my iPhone 4 AT Disney World (Mousegear) and I love it. It's the one with the castle on the back. Originally $29.95 but I got a 20% CM discount so it was around $24 after that.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Wed 01, 2011 11:02 am

Soarin08 wrote:I bought a case for my iPhone 4 AT Disney World (Mousegear) and I love it. It's the one with the castle on the back. Originally $29.95 but I got a 20% CM discount so it was around $24 after that.
Very cool! I used my Disney visa 10% discount for mine at the Disney Store.
- Len90