D23 Scavenger Hunt

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

annafab
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

D23 Scavenger Hunt

Post by annafab » Apr Sun 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Did anyone do this last year? I was looking at the info for this year's and it looks SO interesting. Does anyone know what the questions are like that you have to answer? Are they questions about the park? Trivia? Just stuff you can go find around the park?
:nemo:

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Re: D23 Scavenger Hunt

Post by DisneyTimon » Jul Tue 19, 2011 8:19 am

Wow, I didn't know that D23 did an "official" scavenger hunt. My friend and I decided to do our own. I purchased Disneyland autograph books, and we're coming up with questions for each other to entertain us while waiting in lines. We're doing stuff like, "Find the Hidden Mickey at Big Thunder", "Which side of the Critter Country sign will you see a paw print?", "Buy a Dole Whip", "What color are the lasers at ElecTRONica", and "Get an autograph of one of the Fab Five". I know it's cheesy, but it will give us something to do for a week.
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 19, 2011 12:15 pm

There was a D23 scavenger hunt at DL as well as WDW in conjunction with the popular Destination D events. Unfortunately, we weren't able to attend either one, so I cannot answer your question about what they had you do, but I imagine it was fun! Because the D23 expo is held bi-annually, D23 came up with a smaller event called Destination D to be held during the off years of the expo. I know the WDW Destination D was held this year rather than last year, but I think timing had something to do with that.

Hopefully we'll be able to participate in next year's Destination D and scavenger hunt....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 19, 2011 1:05 pm

DisneyTimon wrote:Wow, I didn't know that D23 did an "official" scavenger hunt. My friend and I decided to do our own. I purchased Disneyland autograph books, and we're coming up with questions for each other to entertain us while waiting in lines. We're doing stuff like, "Find the Hidden Mickey at Big Thunder", "Which side of the Critter Country sign will you see a paw print?", "Buy a Dole Whip", "What color are the lasers at ElecTRONica", and "Get an autograph of one of the Fab Five". I know it's cheesy, but it will give us something to do for a week.
That actually sounds like fun. I hope you can throw a few in that make each other think a bit :D

DisneyTimon
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by DisneyTimon » Jul Thu 21, 2011 8:17 am

[quote="Amy"That actually sounds like fun. I hope you can throw a few in that make each other think a bit :D[/quote]

I don't know what's in store for me, but having a bit of a Villain streak in me, I've included a couple of questions like "What's the color of the highest door of the Monsters, Inc. - Mike and Sulley to the Rescue?" and "What are the three designs of the “new” Autopia cars? Bonus points if you can name them."
Hakuna Matata! It means no worries!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 21, 2011 8:19 am

DisneyTimon wrote:
Amy wrote:That actually sounds like fun. I hope you can throw a few in that make each other think a bit :D
I don't know what's in store for me, but having a bit of a Villain streak in me, I've included a couple of questions like "What's the color of the highest door of the Monsters, Inc. - Mike and Sulley to the Rescue?" and "What are the three designs of the “new” Autopia cars? Bonus points if you can name them."
Wow ~ those sound pretty hard and something that you would have to definitely look for. Sounds cool!