Who Framed Roger Rabbit Poster

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Who Framed Roger Rabbit Poster

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Fri 08, 2011 11:01 am

Check out the new MondoTees poster drop. I just barely got mine, I didn't think it would sell out in 2 mins.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit Poster

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Very nice ~ how many in your collection now?

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Fri 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Only thing I don't like about it is that Jessica should be a little bigger (no pun intended).
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Fri 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Just the 2, I tried to get the Kill Bill variant but it sold out while I was checking out. What irritates buyers is that people will buy them and flip them on ebay before the posters even get shipped out.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Just the 2, I tried to get the Kill Bill variant but it sold out while I was checking out. What irritates buyers is that people will buy them and flip them on ebay before the posters even get shipped out.
Ah, that is why they sell out so quickly :shock: Guess you have to admire the Entrepreneurial spirit, although it does make it difficult for someone to buy a poster for themselves at a reasonable price.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Fri 08, 2011 9:40 pm

I think this is the first time I ever saw so much rage (from customers) in their twitter feed too. Normally if you're a person that buys and sells art you have to let it sit for a little while and allow the artist to go on to build their reputation so the value increases. With the posters that Mondo prints (they are similar to a co-op where artists bring the talent and they mostly provide the mechanisms) if you buy a poster you can easily flip it for 4-5 times the purchase price before the poster even arrives at your residence. I might have mentioned it last time but a friend of mine spent like 1.5-2k (forgot the price) for a trio of posters because the resellers beat him to the punch.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Fri 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Hmm. Not loving Roger as much as Mickey. I think it's because H.'s fave character is Roger. This Roger looks more crazed, less art deco. And the huge Judge Doom with the dripping hand overwhelms him.
So, Wizzard, when are you going to start warning us before they're issued, hmm??? :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 09, 2011 7:35 am

momeja wrote:Hmm. Not loving Roger as much as Mickey. I think it's because H.'s fave character is Roger. This Roger looks more crazed, less art deco. And the huge Judge Doom with the dripping hand overwhelms him.
So, Wizzard, when are you going to start warning us before they're issued, hmm??? :wink:
Probably never, that would mess with his supply to sell on ebay! :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Sat 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Oh I will cut you! I really do hate the people who sell them the second they buy them.

I won't be posting his announcments (since it's already hard enough to get one :D) but you can always subscribe to his twitter feed, that's where he announces the new posters and notes that the gates have been opened to buy them.