People being dumb and doing dumb things in DLR

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

People being dumb and doing dumb things in DLR

Post by Sparten » Apr Thu 07, 2011 12:30 pm

I love hearing stories about DL and sometimes its fun to hear about how people can ruin their visits and sometimes others by not thinking. So name a few of your experiences. One of mine is this one family was in line with us in the line for BTMRR and we had our FP's and this family sends up their 5 year old kid to the front of the line and the rest of the family plowed their way through the line all the way up to the station. Although I was annoyed the ride made up for it.
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus
"Is it a bad thing to have fun?" Me :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: People being dumb and doing dumb things in DLR

Post by horizons1 » Apr Thu 07, 2011 2:44 pm

I am always amazed at the herd mentality of guests. Although since fastpass there aren't as many attractions with dual/divided side-by-side queues, I can think of lots of times when people will all line up on one side while the other side is wide open.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Thu 07, 2011 5:14 pm

That's the herd mentality, I love that since I can then jump in the other line with a shorter wait.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Thu 07, 2011 11:02 pm

horizons1 wrote:I am always amazed at the herd mentality of guests. Although since fastpass there aren't as many attractions with dual/divided side-by-side queues, I can think of lots of times when people will all line up on one side while the other side is wide open.
Herd mentality still works wonders at the quick serve/snack locations at WDW. I would assume the same would be true for DLR. It is truly fascinating to see how people all seem to follow one another and nobody ever wants to lead.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Fri 08, 2011 9:35 am

Len90 wrote:Herd mentality still works wonders at the quick serve/snack locations at WDW. I would assume the same would be true for DLR. It is truly fascinating to see how people all seem to follow one another and nobody ever wants to lead.
That is so true, Len. I get a warped sense of satisfaction when I walk up to the empty side of a register and become next in line. It makes me feel like a VIP.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » Apr Fri 08, 2011 12:13 pm

I have an uncle who taught me the usual route of the crowds of DLR because he used to live a few blocks away. So I tried his strategy and we finished all the major rides at 6:00 PM from opening
"Here you leave the world of today, and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Walt Disney
"Now this tale didn't happen yesterday or the day before. It happened long long ago." Uncle Remus

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by proudcanuck » Apr Thu 28, 2011 4:01 pm

When it gets dark, it's amazing how after the fireworks or Fantasmic that everyone is in such a rush to move away from that area. People need to slow down and not push, especially with all the little kids trying to move with everyone.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Apr Thu 28, 2011 6:10 pm

proudcanuck wrote:When it gets dark, it's amazing how after the fireworks or Fantasmic that everyone is in such a rush to move away from that area. People need to slow down and not push, especially with all the little kids trying to move with everyone.
I love it when everybody rushes toward the exit after illuminations. I just take a lazy stroll around world showcase lagoon and enjoy the music, by the time I'm done the bus crowd are already gone.

Sparten
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Sparten » May Mon 02, 2011 11:54 am

^
Yes I agree, the last hour and a half after fireworks is complete and total ghost town! Its a totally different feel.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Tue 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Seems to me that opening Disney trash cans is rocket science. I can't recall how many times I've seen people perplexed at cans and hit the sides, trying to shove in their trash into the wall. Don't get me started on recycling cans.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."