Have U Taken Ur Disney Dream Trip Yet? When and Where?

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Have U Taken Ur Disney Dream Trip Yet? When and Where?

Post by cinderella75 » Apr Mon 04, 2011 6:55 pm

My disney dream trip was to Walt Disney World in 2005 with my son and fam. Every since I go 2 to disney now at least once year. Before the economy crashed we visited disney twice a year.

This year July 2011 is my other dream trip. The Disney Dream Cruise cant wait its going to awesome and its our honeymoon :D
Next, I would someday go to Hawaii :D
Im sure I will have other dreams as new places pops up :ccat:

What's Yours??
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Re: Have U Taken Ur Disney Dream Trip Yet? When and Where?

Post by momeja » Apr Mon 04, 2011 7:39 pm

cinderella75 wrote: What's Yours??
The next one. :wink:

Seriously, though, cinderella75, your next trip sounds fantastic. I hope you have a wonderful time!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Apr Mon 04, 2011 9:21 pm

I think I have gotten close to my dream trip. Our last trip was the first time we stayed on property WITH our kids. I would like to do that again for a longer amount of time and with less people so we could go at a slower pace. I would also love to stay at the AKL and throw in a cruise with that! Ahhh now that is a good dream!! 8-)

cinderella75

Post by cinderella75 » Apr Tue 05, 2011 12:34 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:I think I have gotten close to my dream trip. Our last trip was the first time we stayed on property WITH our kids. I would like to do that again for a longer amount of time and with less people so we could go at a slower pace. I would also love to stay at the AKL and throw in a cruise with that! Ahhh now that is a good dream!! 8-)

Omg, yes the AKL :ccat: I have been waiting to stay there. There available dates and mine are not the same. I can only seem to get like 2 days out of my 10 day stay but the days are not back to back :x someday this will be one of my dreams comes true.
Lately my dreams haven been comming true :ccat:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Tue 05, 2011 6:44 pm

I wanted to spend a week in WDW and did so in 2002. It was fantastic and I never got bored.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:21 pm

What a great idea for a thread! :D

As many times as I've been to WDW, I'd have to admit that I still haven't taken my "dream trip." It would go something like this:
Fly out to California and spend a day or two at Disneyland, then fly to WDW and spend a week or so there, followed by a trip on the newest Disney cruise ship to Castaway Cay for another week of Disney Bliss. Oh yeah.... that would totally rock my world! 8-)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:13 pm

I would like to take follow in the footsteps of Phileas Fogg with some circumnavigation: start with several days at WDW, then a Disney European cruise for 10 days, followed by 5 days at Disneyland Paris, then off to Hong Kong Disneyland for a few days, followed by at least a week at Tokyo Disneyland Paris, then stop of the Disney resort in Hawaii, followed by several days at Disneyland at Anahiem, and then back home. It would also be nice if I could be given 80 days to accomplish it all like Phileas too. :mrgreen: :mickey: 8-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:42 pm

mindflipper wrote:I would like to take follow in the footsteps of Phileas Fogg with some circumnavigation: start with several days at WDW, then a Disney European cruise for 10 days, followed by 5 days at Disneyland Paris, then off to Hong Kong Disneyland for a few days, followed by at least a week at Tokyo Disneyland Paris, then stop of the Disney resort in Hawaii, followed by several days at Disneyland at Anahiem, and then back home. It would also be nice if I could be given 80 days to accomplish it all like Phileas too. :mrgreen: :mickey: 8-)
Let me know when you get serious on the planning stages of this...I'm coming with you! I took 120 days on my trip around the world, and unfortunately HKDL wasn't open yet, but I hit up the other parks (minus WDW)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Unfortunately, I got a job that interferes with that dream, Amy. :( :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 18, 2011 10:01 pm

mindflipper wrote:Unfortunately, I got a job that interferes with that dream, Amy. :( :wink:
Yeah, I sort of quit my job before I took that trip. Aheh-heh...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 10:23 pm

I think mine is coming in 2 days.... well, 2.5. Whatever.

Second behind that was likely Christmas 2008.

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Feb Tue 28, 2012 12:34 am

I'm a simple guy and my dream trip would be 10 days in the Bay Lake Tower with a daily park hopper and visiting the smaller parts of the world like mini golf, water parks, 30 laps at the Richard Petty Driving Experience, etc. It'll probably be close to a decade when I can pull that off due to school, costs, and the like. Maybe I can pull it off for the 50th anniversary.

I'll dream bigger when I get that done. :donald:
Image Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 28, 2012 7:03 am

BuDz211 wrote:I'm a simple guy and my dream trip would be 10 days in the Bay Lake Tower with a daily park hopper and visiting the smaller parts of the world like mini golf, water parks, 30 laps at the Richard Petty Driving Experience, etc. It'll probably be close to a decade when I can pull that off due to school, costs, and the like. Maybe I can pull it off for the 50th anniversary.

I'll dream bigger when I get that done. :donald:
That sounds like a nice dream! Better start saving though ~ the 50th isn't that far off :shock:

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Tue 28, 2012 7:19 am

I can't say I've taken my dream Disney trip yet, but I've come quite close on the last trip. I was there for a week and got to visit all of the parks, the water parks, Downtown Disney, Universal, go to all my favorite restaurants, and hang out at our hotel. However, we never did get to my favorite ride (Splash Mountain), nor did we stay at my favorite hotel. So my dream vacation would include those little details, and certain people being there with me. I hope it gets to happen soon!
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Tue 28, 2012 12:00 pm

DW and I had our dream trip last year. We spent 9 days at WDW...staying at OKW for the first 6 and BLT the last 3. We were able to take it easy and "smell the roses" since we were there for 9 days. We knew it would most likely be our last trip before having kids (and it will be since we have one due in 7 weeks)...so we wanted to really enjoy it. We went to Epcot 6 of the 9 days we were there...which meant great food and drinks. We have some friends who live in Boca Raton, so they met up with us one day and spent the afternoon with us at Epcot. We did the "Monorail Crawl" one night...and hope to make this a tradition as long as we don't have kids with us. We also went to two rope drops...MK and DHS.

I know we will never have another trip like that again...and we are ok with that. Our future trips will be more for kids...which will be a whole new dream trip I'm sure.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)