Disney Parent Pulse

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney Parent Pulse

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 04, 2011 11:03 am

momeja wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Oddly enough, I got an e-mail finally from them wanting me to join Disney Pulse. Maybe they're not getting the sign-up response as they originally hoped and they're sending the e-mails out just to anyone?
You know, Mindflipper, I've never gotten one and I'm a parent of three. What's up with that? :roll:
Just tried sending it to you in a PM, let me know if it works. If not, then PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward the e-mail to you.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Mon 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Oddly enough, I got an e-mail finally from them wanting me to join Disney Pulse. Maybe they're not getting the sign-up response as they originally hoped and they're sending the e-mails out just to anyone?
Go for it ~ the more subsonicers on there, the bigger chance we have of influencing things! :twisted:

Yeah, it's not like a company has any use or desire to have you willingly take surveys, provide personal information for free.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Did anyone else get a link to a survey today from Disney Parent Pulse. If you did, did the beginning of the letter look like this? I was a little underwhelmed at their time they took to put this mailing together :roll:
Dear [INSERT FIRST AND LAST NAME],

Thanks for your participation as a Disney Parent Pulse panelist. We have a new survey ready for you! This survey is about a variety of topics including preferences, websites, and more. This survey should take about 10 minutes of your time.

Every panelist who completes this survey before it closes on August 22, 2011 will receive one entry into this month's Parent Pulse Sweepstakes which will award ten lucky panelists $100!

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Aug Thu 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Yes, I got that too. In fact, all of the ones I have gotten look like that.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 19, 2011 5:29 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:Yes, I got that too. In fact, all of the ones I have gotten look like that.
Doesn't make me very confident that they take much care with the survey results then either :(

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Fri 19, 2011 1:00 pm

But you're important to us, carbon based lifeform, we need you to test.

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Aug Tue 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Well they send out a newsletter type thing periodically (maybe once a week or every other week?) that is fancier. This is just a memo to let you know there's an active survey so you know to log in and do it. Obviously there's not going to be a new task every day for the panel, so most people won't check it regularly and likely will forget it even exists, then come back months later and have missed tons of surveys. I don't mind the simple approach on it.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 24, 2011 9:07 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:Well they send out a newsletter type thing periodically (maybe once a week or every other week?) that is fancier. This is just a memo to let you know there's an active survey so you know to log in and do it. Obviously there's not going to be a new task every day for the panel, so most people won't check it regularly and likely will forget it even exists, then come back months later and have missed tons of surveys. I don't mind the simple approach on it.
Hmmm, I don't get the periodic emails at all. Wonder if I need to check my settings on the home page?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Wed 24, 2011 10:54 am

It might be that your criteria doesn't fit the survey's demographics so they won't send you the email.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 24, 2011 11:31 am

Wizzard419 wrote:It might be that your criteria doesn't fit the survey's demographics so they won't send you the email.
That must be the case. I checked my page and I'm up to date on surveys....