metal Mickey "Sheriff" badge found

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

viking245
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

metal Mickey "Sheriff" badge found

Post by viking245 » Jan Tue 18, 2011 6:30 pm

I was walking down the street today and found this. It's bronze in color and is metal. It looks like everything was pre-printed except the name "DUDE" (not indented as deep).

Does anybody recognize this from a park? Maybe it's just from some arcade vending machine?
It's probably nothing, but is cool non-the-less.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: metal Mickey "Sheriff" badge found

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 18, 2011 7:43 pm

viking245 wrote:I was walking down the street today and found this. It's bronze in color and is metal. It looks like everything was pre-printed except the name "DUDE" (not indented as deep).
Does anybody recognize this from a park? Maybe it's just from some arcade vending machine?
It's probably nothing, but is cool non-the-less.
That is a pretty cool find! Were you in your home state when you found it?!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Wed 19, 2011 6:35 am

Ooh, that's real neat. I've never seen one of those before.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 19, 2011 9:39 am

I found some on ebay ~ those have "Joe" stamped where yours has "Dude", so you must be able to buy them personalized somewhere!
I also read on another forum (after doing a google search) that young children can wear their "sheriff" badge and possibly get some special privileges, like getting to go to the front of the line, helping with shows, etc. Another forum mentioned that they (two adults) got their pins from a CM in Frontierland and they got to be the first riders on BTMRR and I think Splash Mountain.
So you should definitely wear it the next time you go to Disney...be sure to take along your boots and spurs too :mrgreen:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 11:30 am

Amy wrote:I found some on ebay ~ those have "Joe" stamped where yours has "Dude", so you must be able to buy them personalized somewhere!
I also read on another forum (after doing a google search) that young children can wear their "sheriff" badge and possibly get some special privileges, like getting to go to the front of the line, helping with shows, etc. Another forum mentioned that they (two adults) got their pins from a CM in Frontierland and they got to be the first riders on BTMRR and I think Splash Mountain.
So you should definitely wear it the next time you go to Disney...be sure to take along your boots and spurs too :mrgreen:
MK Frontierland would be my guess. That does seem to make a lot of sense Amy. Now I wonder if we get some of those made up that say "SUBSONIC RADIO"? That would be extremely cool!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 19, 2011 11:49 am

Len90 wrote:
Amy wrote:I found some on ebay ~ those have "Joe" stamped where yours has "Dude", so you must be able to buy them personalized somewhere!
MK Frontierland would be my guess. That does seem to make a lot of sense Amy. Now I wonder if we get some of those made up that say "SUBSONIC RADIO"? That would be extremely cool!
That would be awesome! We should look into that for the next meet-up :D

hodgepodge2.0
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by hodgepodge2.0 » Feb Fri 04, 2011 11:41 pm

I totally would like to have that so much!!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 05, 2011 12:37 am

My guess is that if it did come from theme-park, it would be DL's Fantasyland. Maybe need to find a Disneyana Convention somewhere and take it there to see if any vendor there can tell you more about it.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Feb Mon 21, 2011 3:24 am

Just come back from the world and what I thought originally was right. They sell these little beauties in the shop in Frontierland.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 21, 2011 7:09 am

Sleepy90 wrote:Just come back from the world and what I thought originally was right. They sell these little beauties in the shop in Frontierland.
Did you happen to notice the cost?

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Feb Mon 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Amy wrote:
Sleepy90 wrote:Just come back from the world and what I thought originally was right. They sell these little beauties in the shop in Frontierland.
Sorry Amy I did not take that much notice.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 21, 2011 6:48 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Sorry Amy I did not take that much notice.
That's ok, I was just curious...

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Feb Mon 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey I think I have one of those from my son's first trip! Grrr now I have to go digging......

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Feb Tue 22, 2011 9:24 am

The one on ebay is $13.00 with $3.50 shipping. They have them at the Frontier Trading Post but I have looked everywhere and cant find a price.