Remembering Walt...

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Remembering Walt...

Post by mindflipper » Dec Fri 17, 2010 11:37 pm

MadEye wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Many times it has felt like the minimum low-cost quality that the company can get away for the money that its charged to its customers. "Quality" has greatly been cheapened over the years.
Exactly. Walt was all about quality. TDO has been jacking up the prices of tickets and parking every year for the last 4 or 5 years and will keep doing so until guests stop paying the ridiculous prices and stop going for a few years. Unfortunately, guests these days complain about the prices yet still pay them... :?
And what parent is going to tell their own children, eager to go Disney World, "Sorry, dear. We can't go to Disney World this year because their quality has degraded steadily over the decades..." :?:

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Dec Sat 18, 2010 5:18 pm

MadEye wrote:
dichuy wrote:On one of our many visits to the Magic Kingdom in the 70s our family put our name on a list to be one of the families to live in EPCOT--the EPCOT Walt envisioned. Wondered what ever became of that list?
Depending on who was in charge of the list at the time, either somewhere in Burbank or shredded in a dump.
My guess is that it's in the Disney archive. Although it could also be at the Disney museum in SF. Now, wouldn't that be a cool job to have - Disney librarian/historian. Sign me up!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Sat 18, 2010 6:38 pm

momeja wrote:Depending on who was in charge of the list at the time, either somewhere in Burbank or shredded in a dump.
My guess is that it's in the Disney archive. Although it could also be at the Disney museum in SF. Now, wouldn't that be a cool job to have - Disney librarian/historian. Sign me up![/quote]

That would be a real fun job to have. I want to learn more; sign me up too!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Dec Sat 18, 2010 7:34 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
momeja wrote:My guess is that it's in the Disney archive. Although it could also be at the Disney museum in SF. Now, wouldn't that be a cool job to have - Disney librarian/historian. Sign me up!
That would be a real fun job to have. I want to learn more; sign me up too!
That would have been Dave Smith who has been the Disney Archivist for the last 40 years. He retired this year but I can't find any info on who, if anyone, was his replacement or if it will be a number of people within the Walt Disney company.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.