Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

Post by Len90 » May Mon 23, 2011 1:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:I'm thinking after the opening weekend box office, the green light has been given to POTC5.
I honestly think that the green light for 5 was on long before this and that we will just have to wait a couple of years since Depp doesn't want them back to back as posted before.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Mon 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Just to be clear...giving a movie "the green light" means the financing is arranged and they can start spending to build sets and start filming. Having the script doesn't mean the authority has been given to do any filming, etc. There's a long road from first script to filming...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Tue 24, 2011 1:22 pm

mindflipper wrote:Just to be clear...giving a movie "the green light" means the financing is arranged and they can start spending to build sets and start filming. Having the script doesn't mean the authority has been given to do any filming, etc. There's a long road from first script to filming...
From what I've seen around is Disney agreed to a POTC 5 and 6 back in December 2010. Lots of rumors were flying then and I would say it has a green light from Disney.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Tue 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Len90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Just to be clear...giving a movie "the green light" means the financing is arranged and they can start spending to build sets and start filming. Having the script doesn't mean the authority has been given to do any filming, etc. There's a long road from first script to filming...
From what I've seen around is Disney agreed to a POTC 5 and 6 back in December 2010. Lots of rumors were flying then and I would say it has a green light from Disney.
Not without Depp onboard; at the moment, he's not. He wants to pursue some other project(s) first before doing POTC5...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » May Tue 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Script for POTC5 is already done. Like mf said, all they are waiting for is Depp.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Wed 01, 2011 10:45 pm

MadEye wrote:Script for POTC5 is already done. Like mf said, all they are waiting for is Depp.
They should have stopped after the first one. I have been hesitant to even see the 4th one.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Wed 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
MadEye wrote:Script for POTC5 is already done. Like mf said, all they are waiting for is Depp.
They should have stopped after the first one. I have been hesitant to even see the 4th one.
I wouldn't be so hesitant. It's actually a lot better than 2 and 3 so you should probably find it to be pretty good.
- Len90

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 01, 2011 11:20 pm

I agree with Len90; I liked the 4th film far more than I did the 2nd or 3rd film - but of course, very little can hold a candle to the first film.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Thu 02, 2011 12:03 am

Len90 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
I wouldn't be so hesitant. It's actually a lot better than 2 and 3 so you should probably find it to be pretty good.
I've read semi-good reviews so I suppose I'll go but still... I think Disney is taking the franchise a bit too far.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 02, 2011 12:54 am

This is why I'm trying not to go overboard with sequels. Hollywood needs to stop being uncreative.

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Jun Mon 06, 2011 10:48 pm

I thought OST was decent but with 790 million world wide something tells me the Mouse will have little trouble green lighting a fifth Pirates.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Tue 07, 2011 7:34 am

DAR wrote:I thought OST was decent but with 790 million world wide something tells me the Mouse will have little trouble green lighting a fifth Pirates.
It's been green lit for a while. Like I said before, the script is already done. They are just waiting for Johnny Depp, who doesn't want to jump into the next one too fast. He loves the Pirates franchise and thinks the movies should be stretched out every few years and not done like Dead Man's Chest and At World's End, back to back years.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jun Sun 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Just back from seeing this at the cinema, better than the third one I thought and looks like the set up for the fifth will have Angelica back in pursuit of Captain Jack. For all those who watch the films right to the end of all the credits you will know what I'm talking about.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Sun 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:Just back from seeing this at the cinema, better than the third one I thought and looks like the set up for the fifth will have Angelica back in pursuit of Captain Jack. For all those who watch the films right to the end of all the credits you will know what I'm talking about.
They have left it as a possibility, that's true. I think the sequel will definitely focus on getting the Black Pearl out of the bottle...

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Sun 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Probably not, it will either be already out of the bottle or they will have just completed it at the start.