Digital Disney RealAudio

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

earnhardtfan4life
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Digital Disney RealAudio

Post by earnhardtfan4life » Dec Thu 09, 2010 1:20 am

Hi There,

I am trying to find the realaudio files from several "old school" Disney web sites that no longer exist (Digital-Disney, Forgotten Sounds of Disney and Disney World Channel). You can access 2 out of the 3 web sites by using the Internet Wayback Machine. You can find the Internet Wayback Machine by googling "Internet Wayback Machine" and typing in the urls.

Urls in question:
Digital-Disney (http://www.digital-disney.com)
Forgotten Sounds of Disney - I have already provided the internet wayback url for this one:
http://web.archive.org/web/200009301059 ... dissnd.htm

The other web site entitled The DisneyWorld Channel with the url: http://www.crosswinds.net/~wdwvideo/ That url is now inactive. You can't see that one on the internet wayback machine either.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm building an archive of disney world audio files. I think that web site: DisneyWorld Channel had ResortTV files from either 1995-1999 era in realaudio/realmedia format. Also if anyone has realaudio/realvideo files from any other old Disney web sites from that era I would be interested. Maybe something could be arranged (trade). Thanks and I would appreciate any help.

Mike

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Re: Digital Disney RealAudio

Post by MadEye » Dec Thu 09, 2010 8:38 am

Have you tried mousebits.com?
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

earnhardtfan4life
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by earnhardtfan4life » Dec Thu 09, 2010 9:26 am

I have but I'm really focusing on the realaudio format only and those distinct files. Obviously most tracks on mousebits are cleaned copies of what was on those sites. I had most of all those files on a computer that crashed a long time ago. It bothers me that I lost all those files. I have gotten better over the years at archiving stuff. I just wasn't thinking at the time. I wish the internet did a better job at archiving stuff to where you could go back to 1998 and pick out a download and download it. I am not sure whether Disney Co. got a hold of those web sites or whether they shut down for other reasons. I was really curious if someone else out there may have those files from those web sites.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Dec Fri 10, 2010 9:54 pm

earnhardtfan4life wrote:I am not sure whether Disney Co. got a hold of those web sites or whether they shut down for other reasons.
That depends. Were they audio you can find on a CD Disney sells? If so, you probably won't find what you are looking for.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

earnhardtfan4life
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by earnhardtfan4life » Dec Fri 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Actually there was one file the 15th Anniversary Parade that was realaudio format under Magic Kingdom Parades on mousebits, so I did find that one. The stuff is flying around, it's just a matter of finding it.

Mike