Get ready for Cars 2!!!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Get ready for Cars 2!!!

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Tue 16, 2010 3:46 pm

I saw this article on Yahoo! and felt compelled to share...

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/134-d ... ith-cars-2

I have not yet watched the video, but will as soon as I can. I think hubby will have a new favorite character in Finn McMissile...he's a Bond fan. 8-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Get ready for Cars 2!!!

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Hmmmm, guess I will have to break down and watch Cars now!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Tue 16, 2010 8:45 pm

I'm a little sad that Doc Hudson won't be back based on Paul Newman's death but either way I did enjoy Cars and I'm looking forward to the new one.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Wed 17, 2010 9:28 am

Doc Hudson and Fillmore...but according to the article, it is unknown if either character will make an appearance with other actors. After all, they brought back Slinky Dog for Toy Story 3 and I thought the actor did a fantastic job of recreating Jim Varney's character.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Wed 17, 2010 2:09 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Doc Hudson and Fillmore...but according to the article, it is unknown if either character will make an appearance with other actors. After all, they brought back Slinky Dog for Toy Story 3 and I thought the actor did a fantastic job of recreating Jim Varney's character.
From what I read, the one who did Slinky Dog's voice for the third movie was a close and personal friend of Jim's and I was real surprised to hear how well he did for the character. I do have faith in Pixar's decision making and if they don't add either Doc or Fillmore, they'll explain as to why. Also, I think Sally's a rumored role.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Wed 17, 2010 2:45 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Doc Hudson and Fillmore...but according to the article, it is unknown if either character will make an appearance with other actors. After all, they brought back Slinky Dog for Toy Story 3 and I thought the actor did a fantastic job of recreating Jim Varney's character.
From what I read, the one who did Slinky Dog's voice for the third movie was a close and personal friend of Jim's and I was real surprised to hear how well he did for the character. I do have faith in Pixar's decision making and if they don't add either Doc or Fillmore, they'll explain as to why. Also, I think Sally's a rumored role.
Interesting tidbit... :) I hope Sally comes back! I just love Bonnie Hunt and her portrayal of the character was perfect!

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Nov Wed 17, 2010 3:14 pm

I can't wait for Cars 2!!!!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 17, 2010 3:22 pm

I'm torn on this movie. I usually don't like sequels too much but Pixar is changing my mind on that with the whole Toy Story franchise. However, I didn't like the sneak preview, story line or the new characters (not a Bond fan) of this movie. You know I will have to see it as there are 3 in my house that would be upset if I didn't take them. I just hope I'm wrong on this one.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Wed 17, 2010 9:13 pm

I am torn on it as well. I'm sold on Michael Caine but the whole spy storyline will take some getting used to. I do have faith in Pixar so we'll see how it goes.

BuDz211
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by BuDz211 » Dec Fri 31, 2010 10:47 pm

I trust Pixar and believe that they'll do a good job on Cars. Good job or not, my son will raise heck if I don't take him. :shock:
Image Image

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Sat 01, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm also sold on Michael Caine as well as Jason Isaacs (Lucious Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies, Col. William Tavington in The Patriot) and Joe Mantegna.

From IMDB, Michael Keaton will be back as Chick Hicks as will most of the characters from the first movie (albeit probably a lot smaller roles).
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 02, 2011 5:23 am

All I know is that Bonnie Hunt's role as Sally has been rumored for a while but if they do bring her back, it'll probably be for a small role as well.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Sun 02, 2011 9:28 am

elizabethswann wrote:All I know is that Bonnie Hunt's role as Sally has been rumored for a while but if they do bring her back, it'll probably be for a small role as well.
IMDB says she'll be in it but like you said, most likely a much, much smaller role.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 02, 2011 10:27 am

I wasn't impressed with the first film - to me, it was a "re-tread" of the movie Doc Hollywood but done with cars. The previews to the second film didn't thrill me either. This will have to be one of those "wait & see" kind of movies.

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Jan Sun 02, 2011 2:32 pm

I'll give Pixar the benefit of the doubt on this since they have done such a good job on all the Toy Story movies. I will have to admit that I fell asleep the first time I saw Cars, but after that first time I have enjoyed it. Maybe it was just the combination of dark theater and comfy seats.