Get ready for Cars 2!!!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

proudcanuck
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Re: Get ready for Cars 2!!!

Post by proudcanuck » Jan Mon 31, 2011 2:36 pm

It's too bad Pixar already did "Tokyo Mater" as a Cars short. They could easily did a whole movie on McQueen and Mater going to Japan for some racing adventure. But no matter what, my two boys will want to see the new movie anyway.

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Apr Mon 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Cant wait till the movie comes. To me its like a James Bond movie. My boys cant wait :)
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 22, 2011 10:25 pm

In light of Cars 2 opening in 2 days, I found this article....Ranking Pixar. I like them all too much to put a number on them, but it's interesting to see anyway.

http://movies.msn.com/ranking-pixar-mov ... ?GT1=31060

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Wed 22, 2011 10:52 pm

I can't be the only one in my age demographic who is ridiculously excited for this movie... rewatched the first one to refresh my memory and now I'm ready!! :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 23, 2011 3:29 am

My best friend is excited for this movie and while I'll still see it since I'm a huge Pixar fan, I'm still on the fence about it. Either way I'll most likely enjoy it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 23, 2011 6:21 am

MmeLeota wrote:In light of Cars 2 opening in 2 days, I found this article....Ranking Pixar. I like them all too much to put a number on them, but it's interesting to see anyway.

That was an interesting article to read. I couldn't rank them either...I haven't seen Cars, The Incredibles, Up, Toy Story 3, or Wall-E. Guess I should get busy and watch a few Pixar movies this summer!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:In light of Cars 2 opening in 2 days, I found this article....Ranking Pixar. I like them all too much to put a number on them, but it's interesting to see anyway.

That was an interesting article to read. I couldn't rank them either...I haven't seen Cars, The Incredibles, Up, Toy Story 3, or Wall-E. Guess I should get busy and watch a few Pixar movies this summer!
:shock: WHAT?!?!?! Oh dear, you've got some catching up to do I guess... ;) I'm wondering if I should start a new topic so everyone can make their picks. :idea:

We already promised to take our niece to see Cars 2. It probably won't be until next week or the week after though. I love the first one!!! (and I don't agree with putting it on the bottom of the list, but it's only an opinion) I am looking forward to the second one, but feel a little hesitant.

What will probably happen is I will think it's cute...then as I watch it more, I will catch things I didn't the first 20 times, and the story will grow on me and it will end up at a higher ranking on my list. This is what happened with Ratatouille, UP and Wall-E. Now they are toward the top of my list.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Thu 23, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm a Pixar fan so I like them all but I would say the Toy Story movies and Wall-E are my top movies.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 23, 2011 7:19 pm

MmeLeota wrote:...What will probably happen is I will think it's cute...then as I watch it more, I will catch things I didn't the first 20 times, and the story will grow on me and it will end up at a higher ranking on my list. This is what happened with Ratatouille, UP and Wall-E. Now they are toward the top of my list.
The only reason I have seen Ratatouille is because we were visiting my brother and his family and when we were going through Target my niece asked for the movie. We had planned on watching a movie that evening anyhow so I went ahead and bought it. It really was more fun watching it with a little giggling girl beside you :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jun Fri 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Their first choice is my favourite so I agree. :)

CastMember2o13
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by CastMember2o13 » Jun Sun 26, 2011 7:07 pm

So, who has seen it yet? Part of me wants to but I'm quite worried that it will tarnish my view of Pixar until the next film comes out. I was browsing the internet for some reassurance that maybe it wasn't as bad as the commercials made it seem, but Rotten Tomatoes seemed to do just the opposite. I've loved every Pixar film to date, but in this one it seems that they're doing nothing more than going after the target audience, no signature heart-breaking scenes, no life lessons, just cheap explosions in high hopes of drawing in boys of all ages. Anyone have some contrary opinions? :|

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jun Sun 26, 2011 7:40 pm

It's a summer blockbuster, so don't go in expecting much. :D It is the worst rated pixar film of all time though.