Vinylmation

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Vinylmation

Post by NaCler » Sep Sat 22, 2012 6:58 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Didn't someone say that if you weren't happy with the one you bought (in the mystery boxes) that they would trade or something at the store?
Yes sir. Most places on property that sell VM's also have a clear trading box with 3 VM's you can choose from and a 24 count mystery box where you pick a number and get the VM behind that number. If you still don't like your VM, then you have to go to another store and try trading again. The hunt for the one you want is kind of fun.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Fri 08, 2013 12:32 am

NaCler wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Didn't someone say that if you weren't happy with the one you bought (in the mystery boxes) that they would trade or something at the store?
Yes sir. Most places on property that sell VM's also have a clear trading box with 3 VM's you can choose from and a 24 count mystery box where you pick a number and get the VM behind that number. If you still don't like your VM, then you have to go to another store and try trading again. The hunt for the one you want is kind of fun.
Sorry for resurrecting this but just to clarify.

I'm on a mad hunt for the Phantom from Phantom Manor. He's in Park Series 9, which I located at, of all places, the UK cart (everything else has series 11). So you're saying if I bought from Park Series 9, didn't get that one, if I could find him in one of the shops, I could make a trade? Currently I can buy at 40% off which makes me more willing but I am hesitant because I really only want that one at the moment.

Unless someone has him already and wants to trade me... :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 08, 2013 8:12 am

Soarin08 wrote:
NaCler wrote:
Sorry for resurrecting this but just to clarify.

I'm on a mad hunt for the Phantom from Phantom Manor. He's in Park Series 9, which I located at, of all places, the UK cart (everything else has series 11). So you're saying if I bought from Park Series 9, didn't get that one, if I could find him in one of the shops, I could make a trade? Currently I can buy at 40% off which makes me more willing but I am hesitant because I really only want that one at the moment.

Unless someone has him already and wants to trade me... :wink:
I think you can trade any VM. I don't think you have to specifically buy a Park Series 9 VM in order to trade for another in the same series. You can probably just buy whatever VM and trade. But you could be lucky and get the one you want if you started with a Park Series 9 VM ~ good luck :hm_ghost:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Feb Fri 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Amy is correct Soarin. You can trade any 3" VM. So, I would use the 40% off the buy a series 9 and hope you get the one you want. If not, look at every store for a clear box to see if it is available for trade. If so, do it. The hunt is the exciting part.

snomasnayr
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by snomasnayr » Feb Fri 08, 2013 11:30 pm

You could just open the box and put it back.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Sat 09, 2013 12:01 am

NaCler wrote:Amy is correct Soarin. You can trade any 3" VM. So, I would use the 40% off the buy a series 9 and hope you get the one you want. If not, look at every store for a clear box to see if it is available for trade. If so, do it. The hunt is the exciting part.
I found it in the clear cases in the gift shop at Figment and then at the place at DTD (D Street?). I'll look when I go next. Either tomorrow or Monday. My 40% is done on Wednesday the 13th. :(

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Sat 09, 2013 6:52 am

NaCler wrote:Oh M-Dude.... There's a Star Wars series coming soon...
Still not interested??? :twisted:
That R2D2 and Boba Fett look pretty darn cool...
Looks like the bottom of my commode!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Feb Sat 09, 2013 9:03 am

snomasnayr wrote:You could just open the box and put it back.
Disney doesn't let you. If you open the box, you bought it. So, I don't recommend it.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Sat 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Wow, 71 total pages. I never could have imagined it. Let's resurrect this one as well. Now, I have not purchased a VM in a LONG time, but I still have a little soft spot for these things. I think Disney over-produced these things into oblivion, as you can't trade these on property anymore and I don't believe that they have any events for them either. But, they keep releasing them, or really the knock-off series. So, let's get to the update.

One of the more popular series to branch from the VM's is definitely the Park Starz series. Now these aren't true VM, since they don't have the standard Mickey cast, but they are pretty cool little collectibles. The new series launched 1/27/2017 and here is the story from WDWNT.com: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/01/vinylmati ... hip-earth/

Or if you don't want to be re-directed:
Figures in series 5 include:

Henry – Country Bear Jamboree
Pele – Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
Mexican Child and French Poodle – “it’s a small world”
Computer Technician – Spaceship Earth
Goat chewing dynamite – Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Waldo C. Graphic – MuppetVision 3-D
Phineas the Hitchhiking Host – The Haunted Mansion
Pirate with Map and Key – Pirates of the Caribbean
Skippy – Alien Encounter, Stitch’s Great Escape
Elephant – The Jungle Cruise
Trader Sam – The Jungle Cruise
Mystery Chaser

I am definitely thinking about getting just ONE of these the next trip I make, but we shall see. The only 2 I don't like are the elephant and the SE girl.

What do you think about these?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 29, 2017 1:16 am

Those are cute ~ I really like Waldo :D I can't remember, was Skippy yellow? I remember him being purple.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Sun 29, 2017 12:31 pm

Oh, Lord.... PLEASE don't let Mouseoholic find out about these... :shock:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Sun 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Oh, Lord.... PLEASE don't let Mouseoholic find out about these... :shock:
HAHA... Did she ever get in the VM's? Or does she just like this lineup of characters?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Oh, Lord.... PLEASE don't let Mouseoholic find out about these... :shock:
Hmmm, I wonder if I still have her number... ;) :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Sun 29, 2017 9:25 pm

NaCler wrote:
HAHA... Did she ever get in the VM's? Or does she just like this lineup of characters?
Yes, she did. Remember that huge Mickey-shaped shadow box I made for her to display her pins? Well, I also put a shelf in the middle of it, and that is full of VM's. I managed to talk her out of collecting too many, but I dont' want anything to trigger the urge all over again. :shock:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Sun 29, 2017 9:26 pm

Amy wrote:
Hmmm, I wonder if I still have her number... ;) :lol:
Noooo...!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO......!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: