New Disney Stores

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

New Disney Stores

Post by Len90 » Oct Thu 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Disney has launched two brand new stores that are sporting a different look. This is a new concept called "Imagination Park". The stores are meant to simulate a Disney Parks experience. As part of this branding, some theme park elements have been included in the stores. At these stores you can build a Ridemakerz and purchase vinylmation. The locations are in Dallas, Texas and Freehold, NJ. The stores began with soft openings this past Tuesday and grand opening is Saturday morning.

And since the freehold store is a short drive away, I figured I could go and sneak some pictures for you all to see. I apologize about the poor quality, but not to bad considering Disney has yet to post pictures.
http://s885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53 ... y%20Store/

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: New Disney Stores

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 28, 2010 6:19 pm

Great pics Len! This looks like the same type of store that opened in Santa Monica, CA in August. It happened to be the openeing when we were there and we loved the new store layout. Unfortunately, because it was so darn crowded, we couldn't really enjoy the features. :( But our youngest niece was able to wave a wand in front of a magic mirror and see a princess! She was thrilled! :) We're hoping to get one of these new store layouts here as well.

The Times Square store is going to open soon! Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to check it out...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Thu 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Thanks Len!! It's good to see Disney getting back into the malls!! Maybe they'll be at a mall near us in the near future!

dichuy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by dichuy » Oct Thu 28, 2010 6:25 pm

MmeLeota wrote:The Times Square store is going to open soon! Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to check it out...
We leave for Cancun November 12. If I can get there and take pics before I leave I will and post them here. Otherwise, we return the day after Thanksgiving and if no one has posted pics by then I will.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks for the pictures Len! That looks like a Disney store I would actually go into and look around unlike the sad current version we have :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Thu 28, 2010 7:30 pm

dichuy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:The Times Square store is going to open soon! Hopefully you'll get the opportunity to check it out...
We leave for Cancun November 12. If I can get there and take pics before I leave I will and post them here. Otherwise, we return the day after Thanksgiving and if no one has posted pics by then I will.
Sweet! :D

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Thu 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Wow I like the look. Part of the reason I didn't transfer stores when mine closed is that the other store had no magic. (Plus it is 40 minutes away and I don't drive) This one actually looks nice. I wish they would bring one back to my area.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Thu 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Another great thing they do is when a store celebrates a grand opening, they give out free Mickey ears and pins. In addition, they have a special pin for those with a Disney Visa.

For me, it means waking up early on a Saturday for my free Mickey ears.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 28, 2010 8:23 pm

Len90 wrote:Another great thing they do is when a store celebrates a grand opening, they give out free Mickey ears and pins. In addition, they have a special pin for those with a Disney Visa.

I wish I lived closer ~ I would get up early for free Mickey ears and a Disney Visa pin!!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Thu 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:Another great thing they do is when a store celebrates a grand opening, they give out free Mickey ears and pins. In addition, they have a special pin for those with a Disney Visa.

I wish I lived closer ~ I would get up early for free Mickey ears and a Disney Visa pin!!

YEA!! Me to!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Thu 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Haha I already got my free Disney Visa pin. I was at the store on Tuesday night and again this afternoon (when I snuck some pictures). You need to make a purchase with your disney visa card though to get the pin. I decided to purchased the MC Lumiere plush toy.

The store also supposedly has an opening and closing ceremony everyday.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 29, 2010 6:21 am

Len90 wrote:Haha I already got my free Disney Visa pin. I was at the store on Tuesday night and again this afternoon (when I snuck some pictures). You need to make a purchase with your disney visa card though to get the pin. I decided to purchased the MC Lumiere plush toy.

The store also supposedly has an opening and closing ceremony everyday.
I don't suppose they will go so far as to have real fireworks will they? Or maybe they could have fiber optic fireworks!!

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Oct Fri 29, 2010 7:30 am

Thanks for the pics and review Len. Our store in Cherry Hill opens on Tuesday (and is the same day we are heading down to the World too!!). We aren't leaving until late afternoon and was thinking of taking the kids to the store opening to kick off the magic but I wonder how crowded it will be?? I have the Disney Visa invititation that's needed to claim the pin but thinking if everyone in the area got one then it could be a packed house.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 29, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm not sure if it's the same "New" one that you have but Disney opened up a new store here a month or two ago (now fighting with the old one). They did a write up on it in the paper, it's like a compressed version of what you get over at DLR, so it saves time and gas.

I heard the Disney Store company is operated by the same company that does the children's place, is that still true?

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Oct Fri 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
I heard the Disney Store company is operated by the same company that does the children's place, is that still true?
No that is no longer true. Disney took back all of the stores a couple of years ago. The day I was about to become a Disney employee is the day they announced that they were closing our store. :evil: Part of the issue was supposedly that The Children's Place was supposed to remodel all of the stores and they never did.