Free Tron Legacy Imax Preview Tickets

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Free Tron Legacy Imax Preview Tickets

Post by horizons1 » Oct Fri 29, 2010 5:29 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Ohhh, preview. Silly me. I kept thinking it was a screening of the entire movie. Well, I can wait until December!
You are not alone - I thought they meant preview as in preview screening too. Glad I didn't wait in the standby line.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 29, 2010 7:26 pm

The website clearly stated the preview was only 20 minutes of the film (I presumed it was only the first 20 minutes)....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 29, 2010 8:34 pm

horizons1 wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Ohhh, preview. Silly me. I kept thinking it was a screening of the entire movie. Well, I can wait until December!
You are not alone - I thought they meant preview as in preview screening too. Glad I didn't wait in the standby line.
I thought it was a preview of the movie too ~ silly us! :roll:
mindflipper wrote:The website clearly stated the preview was only 20 minutes of the film (I presumed it was only the first 20 minutes)....
I never looked online once I found out it was going to be on a weeknight...conflicted with work :(

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 29, 2010 9:21 pm

mindflipper wrote:The website clearly stated the preview was only 20 minutes of the film (I presumed it was only the first 20 minutes)....

I don't recall the nubmers of the scenes that were shown but they did show Alan bothering Flynn's kid, the arcade scene, use of a Journey Song, him getting blasted into the world, a disc battle, and meeting up with dad.:D

There must be some rule that anytime 80's music is used in a club setting (as in bleeding through walls) the song Sweet Dreams must be played. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:

I don't recall the nubmers of the scenes that were shown but they did show Alan bothering Flynn's kid, the arcade scene, use of a Journey Song, him getting blasted into the world, a disc battle, and meeting up with dad.:D

There must be some rule that anytime 80's music is used in a club setting (as in bleeding through walls) the song Sweet Dreams must be played. :D
So it was more like a 20 minute long trailer? Can we guess if that's going to be an extra on the DVD? :wink: 8-)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 29, 2010 11:39 pm

"You get a bonus feature of 23 minutes of the exact movie you just saw!" Win for everyone!.

The actual point of it was to turn the Flynn Lives hype engine on the masses by asking that everyone share what they saw through social networking, friends, etc.

I am surprised they didn't do the exit interviews here though, it sounds like they were doing them in many venues. I would have loved to watch the expression turn to abject horror with the response "It's just like that game you released in 2003, just with more expensive actors". :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Wed 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Ok, so the preview event has passed but I know there's still a bunch of folks excited for this movie. I came across this picture we took last year at the D23 Expo, and I thought I'd share with everyone:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 10, 2010 9:26 pm

That is a nice looking bike :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Thu 11, 2010 12:23 am

There is a company down in Florida that is/was making a few street-legal reproductions of that bike, don't know if they had any takers though since their only pictures for the pre-orders were of that bike. They then got sued by disney for using said images.

aparadissis
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by aparadissis » Nov Sun 14, 2010 10:20 pm

I would love a bike like the new light cycle. That is one bad cycle. I do have to admit they lost me on the car and plane versions I have seen in various clips. I guess I am too old school:)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Sun 14, 2010 10:38 pm

If you've got 30k burning a hole in your pocket you can always ring up parker brothers down in Florida, they probably still have a few of the colors unsold.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Mon 15, 2010 10:10 am

...or it could be cheaper just to buy the toy version from Target? They got tons of the toy cycles collecting dust on the shelf. I know they wanted to release the stuff now for the Christmas buying season, but as no one has seen the film none of it is selling. By the time the film comes out, the stores will have to be reducing the price just to get the stuff off the shelf!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Mon 15, 2010 10:26 am

mindflipper wrote:...or it could be cheaper just to buy the toy version from Target? They got tons of the toy cycles collecting dust on the shelf. I know they wanted to release the stuff now for the Christmas buying season, but as no one has seen the film none of it is selling. By the time the film comes out, the stores will have to be reducing the price just to get the stuff off the shelf!
Gotta love marketing... :roll: :? :wink:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Mon 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Well, I did buy Sam's identity disc at Things From Another World for 12 bucks... and bought an ElecTRONica shirt for about 17.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Mon 15, 2010 3:43 pm

I think this movie has to be a record for the amount of authorized marketing since they not only have toys and stuff for kids/nerds/manchilds but they also have stuff for adults such as expensive jewelry and belt buckles, stripper heels, purses, athletic clothing, etc. I think the only market they haven't penetrated (yet) would be alcohol. Though they sort of entered that with the cocktails at ElecTRONica being only Smirnoff.