Epic Mickey openining movie

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Epic Mickey openining movie

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 04, 2011 12:29 am

You're burying the lead, the paint thinner and paint allow you to build/restore or destroy the environment/characters giving it the good/evil element, there is not a ton of nuance but at least it isn't the usual option to be either jesus or hitler with no middle ground.

The 2D levels noted are side scroller levels (think back to 8 and 16 bit era)

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Tue 04, 2011 10:53 am

Yeah...2D means going left and right...while 3D means you are moving through space in any direction.

I just think the game is amazing from the standpoint of it having so much historical Mickey (and Oswald) detail. My favorite parts are the 2D mini levels because it is like you are actually in those old cartoons.

Here is an example...

Alpine Climbers (cartoon): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvN3dmMIDiM

Epic Mickey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXX6WJdUfWc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG6cKbjRuGk

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 04, 2011 12:06 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Yeah...2D means going left and right...while 3D means you are moving through space in any direction.
I just think the game is amazing from the standpoint of it having so much historical Mickey (and Oswald) detail. My favorite parts are the 2D mini levels because it is like you are actually in those old cartoons.
Here is an example...
Alpine Climbers (cartoon): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvN3dmMIDiM
Epic Mickey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXX6WJdUfWc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG6cKbjRuGk
Ahh, that helps ~ thanks :D

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 04, 2011 4:57 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:My favorite parts are the 2D mini levels because it is like you are actually in those old cartoons.
You said you just started the game right? Tell us your opinion on the sections when you're done with the game. :D

One of the things that slightly took away from the game were those sections, not for artistic issues or gameplay (mostly) but the problem was that you would have to keep going through the sections over and over rather than being able to just warp to areas you've been to before.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Wed 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:My favorite parts are the 2D mini levels because it is like you are actually in those old cartoons.
You said you just started the game right? Tell us your opinion on the sections when you're done with the game. :D

One of the things that slightly took away from the game were those sections, not for artistic issues or gameplay (mostly) but the problem was that you would have to keep going through the sections over and over rather than being able to just warp to areas you've been to before.
Yeah I could see them getting old. I just finished the Pete-Tron level. Still got a ways to go I think.

MoonPet
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MoonPet » Jan Thu 27, 2011 11:57 pm

I got the game for Christmas and played it obsessively for about a week up to the Tomorrowland level. I really like the game, love the images and the use of the old Disney references, but I absolutely am terrible at it. I don't play video games at all except for Wii fit. You can't imagine how many times poor Mickey has fallen off cliffs and ledges that I didn't realize were there.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 28, 2011 7:58 am

MoonPet wrote:I got the game for Christmas and played it obsessively for about a week up to the Tomorrowland level. I really like the game, love the images and the use of the old Disney references, but I absolutely am terrible at it. I don't play video games at all except for Wii fit. You can't imagine how many times poor Mickey has fallen off cliffs and ledges that I didn't realize were there.
They should have a setting for "inexperienced gamer" That way you couldn't fall off those pesky cliffs and ledges ;) :lol:

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Fri 28, 2011 10:07 am

I played the game all the way through to the end...and then realized that the choices I made during the game affected the way it ended...so I started over again and am playing strictly on the "Paint" path. It's much harder than the "Thinner" path...but makes it a lot more rewarding since it's my second time through. I love love love this game and it still amazes me how much detail they put in it...especially for all of us Mickey lovers.

Also...the secret room above the Fire Station on "Mean" Street...almost got me a little choked up when I unlocked it and went inside. Really made me want to go back to Disneyland again!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 28, 2011 2:45 pm

When they were promoting the game they did interviews from Walt's apt. too.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 28, 2011 8:12 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I played the game all the way through to the end...and then realized that the choices I made during the game affected the way it ended...so I started over again and am playing strictly on the "Paint" path. It's much harder than the "Thinner" path...but makes it a lot more rewarding since it's my second time through. I love love love this game and it still amazes me how much detail they put in it...especially for all of us Mickey lovers.
Also...the secret room above the Fire Station on "Mean" Street...almost got me a little choked up when I unlocked it and went inside. Really made me want to go back to Disneyland again!
What is the difference between the Paint and Thinner path? I'm guessing from your statement that the thinner path is easier and the paint is harder or does difficulty have nothing to do with it?

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Fri 28, 2011 8:22 pm

As an owner of the game, it is very cool! Unfortunately I just haven't had much time to play it. And I must say, I hat the small world section of the game!!! :evil:
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 28, 2011 8:24 pm

MadEye wrote:As an owner of the game, it is very cool! Unfortunately I just haven't had much time to play it. And I must say, I hat the small world section of the game!!! :evil:
Are you stuck in that section?! Does it play the song over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over... :lol:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Fri 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Amy wrote:
MadEye wrote:As an owner of the game, it is very cool! Unfortunately I just haven't had much time to play it. And I must say, I hat the small world section of the game!!! :evil:
Are you stuck in that section?! Does it play the song over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over... :lol:
I'd mute it if it happened. :lol: :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 28, 2011 11:34 pm

But why? It's a world of laughter, and a smile means friendship to everyone. How can that not give you a warm, fuzzy feeling? :? :wink:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 29, 2011 1:34 am

Amy wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:I played the game all the way through to the end...and then realized that the choices I made during the game affected the way it ended...so I started over again and am playing strictly on the "Paint" path. It's much harder than the "Thinner" path...but makes it a lot more rewarding since it's my second time through. I love love love this game and it still amazes me how much detail they put in it...especially for all of us Mickey lovers.
What is the difference between the Paint and Thinner path? I'm guessing from your statement that the thinner path is easier and the paint is harder or does difficulty have nothing to do with it?
It's their attempt at an evil/good path selection.

Like with most games you can only be Hitler or Jesus. :D