Epic Mickey openining movie

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Epic Mickey openining movie

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Fri 10, 2010 2:47 pm

The game looks great but it is a shame that they only made it for the wii. Just imagine how much more there could have been if they went multi-platform. The Wii has great games but it often suffers behind the other two (three if you count pc) because of the lacking speed and power.

Though now Sony is stealing their idea... again.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Sep Sun 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Wow that looks really good!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

metsofny
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by metsofny » Dec Sat 04, 2010 10:43 am

Epic Mickey is now out. just started playing and I love it so far.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Sat 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Yep, the reviewers love it too (First good mickey game since the 16 bit era). It's a shame that there probably won't be another one made since the games division is moving away from console and computer games and focusing on browser based ones.

disneydew
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by disneydew » Dec Tue 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Awesome game by the way!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 17, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm thinking I might have to rent this and take it to my friends' house that have a wii and try it out!!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Dec Sat 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Amy wrote:I'm thinking I might have to rent this and take it to my friends' house that have a wii and try it out!!
I was just thinking the same thing, Amy. We don't have WII or PS at our house, but Epic Mickey looks pretty dang cool.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Dec Sat 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Just bought a Wii today (and got a free $75 gift card to Best Buy to boot) and Epic Mickey is definitely on our wish list.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Dec Sun 19, 2010 1:30 am

Let us know what you think whenever you get it!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Sun 19, 2010 1:55 am

It's even more fun with the $20 paintbrush. :D it does nothing specific to the game but it just feels better to have a paintbrush in hand when you play.

metsofny

Post by metsofny » Dec Sun 19, 2010 3:01 am

Have the paint brush also. Think the c button is wrong, but girlfriend loves it.

momeja

Post by momeja » Dec Sun 19, 2010 6:29 pm

MadEye wrote:Just bought a Wii today (and got a free $75 gift card to Best Buy to boot) and Epic Mickey is definitely on our wish list.
I'm sending my son over tomorrow, MadEye. We saw a commercial for Epic Mickey today, and he turned to me and asked, "Why don't we have WII?"

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Sun 19, 2010 7:20 pm

metsofny wrote:Have the paint brush also. Think the c button is wrong, but girlfriend loves it.

You might want to send it back to performance designed products and get a new one if it isn't working right. They have hit and miss quality control sometimes.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Mon 03, 2011 3:37 pm

I picked up the game over the weekend and I am loving it so far. It plays just like Mario Galaxy or Zelda on the Wii.

The premise of the game is that back in the 1930s (or sometime around then) Mickey went through the mirror and into Yen Sid's lair. Yen Sid had created this world for the Forgotten Characters using his magic paint. Mickey then goes and looks this and accidentally knocks magic paint thinner into it which messes up the world there. Oswald was its first inhabitant and thus he becomes the main figure in this forgotten world. He makes the now broken world look as much like Disneyland as possible...which is really cool and creepy/sad at the same time. You run into characters (mostly black and white) from the very early Mickey Mouse cartoons as they have been all but forgotten over the decades.

For Mickey Mouse lovers this game is a MUST HAVE. There are mini 2-D levels in between the main levels where you are inside of the great Mickey Cartoons of yesteryear like "Steamboat Willie", "Clock Cleaners", "Thru the Mirror", "Alpine Climbers", etc. It's these little mini levels that blow me away...because you are literally in the cartoons...same colors and designs and music and characters and everything.

I am just barely into the game so far but I love it and can't wait to get back to playing it!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 03, 2011 7:36 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I picked up the game over the weekend and I am loving it so far. It plays just like Mario Galaxy or Zelda on the Wii.

The premise of the game is that back in the 1930s (or sometime around then) Mickey went through the mirror and into Yen Sid's lair. Yen Sid had created this world for the Forgotten Characters using his magic paint. Mickey then goes and looks this and accidentally knocks magic paint thinner into it which messes up the world there. Oswald was its first inhabitant and thus he becomes the main figure in this forgotten world. He makes the now broken world look as much like Disneyland as possible...which is really cool and creepy/sad at the same time. You run into characters (mostly black and white) from the very early Mickey Mouse cartoons as they have been all but forgotten over the decades.

For Mickey Mouse lovers this game is a MUST HAVE. There are mini 2-D levels in between the main levels where you are inside of the great Mickey Cartoons of yesteryear like "Steamboat Willie", "Clock Cleaners", "Thru the Mirror", "Alpine Climbers", etc. It's these little mini levels that blow me away...because you are literally in the cartoons...same colors and designs and music and characters and everything.

I am just barely into the game so far but I love it and can't wait to get back to playing it!
Thanks for the description BIG! It sounds really awesome. When you say mini 2-D levels, do you mean the rest of the game is in 3-D?