Epic Mickey openining movie

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Epic Mickey openining movie

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 29, 2011 7:33 am

mindflipper wrote:
MadEye wrote:As an owner of the game, it is very cool! Unfortunately I just haven't had much time to play it. And I must say, I hat the small world section of the game!!! :evil:
But why? It's a world of laughter, and a smile means friendship to everyone. How can that not give you a warm, fuzzy feeling? :? :wink:
I think MadEye is stuck in the world of tears and fears :(
:mrgreen:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Sat 29, 2011 9:09 am

mindflipper wrote:
MadEye wrote:As an owner of the game, it is very cool! Unfortunately I just haven't had much time to play it. And I must say, I hat the small world section of the game!!! :evil:
But why? It's a world of laughter, and a smile means friendship to everyone. How can that not give you a warm, fuzzy feeling? :? :wink:
Meh. It's the "water" that can kill you that I hate about it. With very few ledges with some missing...

I'm just glad it isn't the small world dolls that attack you.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sat 29, 2011 11:29 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
I think MadEye is stuck in the world of tears and fears :(
Really? How old was he back in the 1980's? I had a roommmate who loved the 80's music back in college - Pet Shop Boys, Tears and Fears,...no wait, that's Tears FOR Fears...totally different...never mind... :mickey:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Sat 29, 2011 11:45 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:I think MadEye is stuck in the world of tears and fears :(
Really? How old was he back in the 1980's? I had a roommmate who loved the 80's music back in college - Pet Shop Boys, Tears and Fears,...no wait, that's Tears FOR Fears...totally different...never mind... :mickey:
:roll:
― Dr. Seuss

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 29, 2011 2:36 pm

MadEye wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:I think MadEye is stuck in the world of tears and fears :(
Thanks MadEye ~ you expressed my sentiments exactly!! ;) :lol:

MoonPet
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MoonPet » Jan Sat 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Amy wrote:
MoonPet wrote:I got the game for Christmas and played it obsessively for about a week up to the Tomorrowland level. I really like the game, love the images and the use of the old Disney references, but I absolutely am terrible at it. I don't play video games at all except for Wii fit. You can't imagine how many times poor Mickey has fallen off cliffs and ledges that I didn't realize were there.
They should have a setting for "inexperienced gamer" That way you couldn't fall off those pesky cliffs and ledges ;) :lol:
Seriously!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 29, 2011 4:35 pm

But if they did that it wouldn't be a platformer anymore. :D

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Sat 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:But if they did that it wouldn't be a platformer anymore. :D
Oy!!! :shock:
― Dr. Seuss

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Sat 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Amy wrote:
MadEye wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Really? How old was he back in the 1980's? I had a roommmate who loved the 80's music back in college - Pet Shop Boys, Tears and Fears,...no wait, that's Tears FOR Fears...totally different...never mind... :mickey:
Thanks MadEye ~ you expressed my sentiments exactly!! ;) :lol:
There was no smilie that expressed my true feelings but that was the closest I could find here. :) :wink: :lol:

But you are welcome none the less!
― Dr. Seuss

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Mon 31, 2011 12:41 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:
Amy wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:I played the game all the way through to the end...and then realized that the choices I made during the game affected the way it ended...so I started over again and am playing strictly on the "Paint" path. It's much harder than the "Thinner" path...but makes it a lot more rewarding since it's my second time through. I love love love this game and it still amazes me how much detail they put in it...especially for all of us Mickey lovers.
Also...the secret room above the Fire Station on "Mean" Street...almost got me a little choked up when I unlocked it and went inside. Really made me want to go back to Disneyland again!
What is the difference between the Paint and Thinner path? I'm guessing from your statement that the thinner path is easier and the paint is harder or does difficulty have nothing to do with it?
It's their attempt at an evil/good path selection.

Like with most games you can only be Hitler or Jesus. :D
Yeah...each time you come to a boss you have two main ways of defeating them...good or evil. The good most of the time deals with either paint or some complicated way of defeating the boss. The thinner version either explicitly uses thinner or some kind of way that is straight forward and "Rambo" style.

At the end of the game you get a glimpse of every place you have been...and if you used the thinner path you will see it destroyed...whereas the paint path shows it restored and happy. Also...depending on how you defeat the bosses...you will either get a capacity increase in paint or thinner.

You can also make specific characters love you or hate you depending on decisions you make concerning them. Right now I am replaying with 100% paint path (using a walkthrough guide for the paint/thinner specific areas) and when I get done with that I might replay it with 100% thinner...just to see the difference with the characters and all that.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 31, 2011 2:14 pm

That sounds very fun :D I would have to go with the happier paint version :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Mon 31, 2011 3:17 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:
Amy wrote:What is the difference between the Paint and Thinner path? I'm guessing from your statement that the thinner path is easier and the paint is harder or does difficulty have nothing to do with it?
It's their attempt at an evil/good path selection.

Like with most games you can only be Hitler or Jesus. :D
Yeah...each time you come to a boss you have two main ways of defeating them...good or evil. The good most of the time deals with either paint or some complicated way of defeating the boss. The thinner version either explicitly uses thinner or some kind of way that is straight forward and "Rambo" style.

At the end of the game you get a glimpse of every place you have been...and if you used the thinner path you will see it destroyed...whereas the paint path shows it restored and happy. Also...depending on how you defeat the bosses...you will either get a capacity increase in paint or thinner.

You can also make specific characters love you or hate you depending on decisions you make concerning them. Right now I am replaying with 100% paint path (using a walkthrough guide for the paint/thinner specific areas) and when I get done with that I might replay it with 100% thinner...just to see the difference with the characters and all that.
Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense. I don't know if Disney wants you to be evil, so maybe it can be described paraphrasing Dumbledore "between what's right, and what's easy."

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Mon 31, 2011 5:10 pm

Plus, you can rule the world with an iron fist. It never goes wrong!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Wed 02, 2011 2:47 am

Sigh, I just realized that Disney's next probable target for pillage and execution is Media Molecule, as I sit here playing little big planet 2 with a selection of disney skins for my sackboy (yes, you can touch my sackboy :D).

I swear Disney is the Bobby Brown of video games.