Creative Disney Crafting

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Creative Disney Crafting

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Sat 07, 2010 3:50 pm

I really appreciate all the great input and excitement on this thread! And no, Boilerdude, Gibbs was inspired by me.... not the other way around! :lol:

Anyway, to kick off the whole subject of building a new shadow box, here's a picture of the current sad state of affairs vis-a-vis Mouseoholic's pin collection. What you see in this picture is only about half of her total collection, and you see it here all crammed together with a bunch of other Disney stuff, and hanging on lanyards, etc. The rest of the pins are all just piled up on a shelf somewhere in the house. So obviously I need to get going on this project ASAP, no? :mrgreen:

So let's consider this pic to be the "before" shot. I'll do a photo journal of the whole process, and then when it's all done I'll post an "after" shot of the whole collection properly displayed in the Mickey shadow box. What fun! :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sat 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Mousekedude wrote:I really appreciate all the great input and excitement on this thread! And no, Boilerdude, Gibbs was inspired by me.... not the other way around! :lol:

Anyway, to kick off the whole subject of building a new shadow box, here's a picture of the current sad state of affairs vis-a-vis Mouseoholic's pin collection. What you see in this picture is only about half of her total collection, and you see it here all crammed together with a bunch of other Disney stuff, and hanging on lanyards, etc. The rest of the pins are all just piled up on a shelf somewhere in the house. So obviously I need to get going on this project ASAP, no? :mrgreen:

So let's consider this pic to be the "before" shot. I'll do a photo journal of the whole process, and then when it's all done I'll post an "after" shot of the whole collection properly displayed in the Mickey shadow box. What fun! :D

EGHADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Sat 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr......how big is that shadow box going to be?!?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sat 07, 2010 7:35 pm

mindflipper wrote:Errrrrrrrrrrrrr......how big is that shadow box going to be?!?
It will be built for BILLIONS AND BILLIONS!!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sat 07, 2010 8:45 pm

HOLY COW! I should start dedicating a wall to only Disney stuff now. All my things are scattered about in my room....that also needs cleaning.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Aug Sat 07, 2010 9:49 pm

He has been promising me this shadow box for some time. He says that now that he has posted this thread it will be the motivation he needs to start work on it. I am excited!! What you can't see in the picture is all of the dust! Next to the picture is an antique books shelf that stands about 4 1/2'. Including the top shelf it has 5 shelves. All of it is filled with what I call my cherishibles. I keep them all in one area in the event that I need to pack them up or take them in the event of an emergency such as a fire or hurricane. Most of the cherishibles are all Disney related items. This is where all of the other pins are collecting dust. It's so dissorganized I can't show the pictures.

On another subject, I wanted to contribute to this thread by adding an item called "DISNEY CRAFTING GONE WRONG".

On our last trip to WDW we also attended the WDW Today Fan Reunion. This is my favorite podcast http://wdwtoday.com/ . On the same trip we were scheduled to go to another Disney Fan meet-up. This one for The DIS Unplugged http://wdwinfo.com
We were scheduled to meet the hosts of both of these podcasts and I was very excited! So excited that I wanted to make t-shirts in support of all of my favorite websites. Subsonic included. Oh, not to be forgotten is another site for Hollywood Studios is http://www.studioscentral.com/ . This is a another great site for all things the Studios...

Here is a picture. This is the back of the shirt. Our user names and the Subsonic logo was on the front.

WHAT WAS I THINKING???? :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll:

I had taken all of the crafts with me to WDW and we made them in our room the night before. It was fun. M-dude was a little upset because I failed to get all of the letters for his full name and so we had to improvise.

Needless to say we chickened out and did not wear our shirts. We were glad because it was our first time attending any Disney Fan meet-up and we felt so out of place. The shirts would have made it even worse.

Anyway, these shirts have been hanging in my closet and have never been worn. A perfect example of Disney crafting gone bad……

Mouseoholic!
Last edited by Mouseoholic on Aug Sun 08, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 08, 2010 8:25 am

"DISNEY CRAFTING GONE WRONG" :lol: Good one Mouseoholic!
I actually really like the font and names on your shirts...once again my screen resolution doesn't allow me to see the right side of the photo so I'm guessing that is where the improvising took place on Mousekedude's shirt. But you tried, and that is the important thing! :D

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Aug Sun 08, 2010 11:18 am

Amy, I have the same issue on my work computer when I use it here at home. I do not want to mess with the settings because at work I have a docking station and dual monitors. I thought it was me until M-dude told me it was the resolution. You can follow the link to my photobucket page and can probably see the entire picture there. Don't worry; you are not missing much...LOL

Mouseoholic!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 08, 2010 6:58 pm

I think the shirts are kinda fun!!! :D

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Aug Sun 08, 2010 8:41 pm

They were fun to make but when it actually came down to wearing them, we chickened out. The sad part is I spent quite a few $$ on the supplies.

Mouseoholic!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 08, 2010 10:07 pm

You should wear the shirts at some point on this trip, maybe to our Dole Whip meet up??? :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Aug Sun 08, 2010 10:09 pm

Aw, those shirts are really cute!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Mon 09, 2010 11:29 am

Elizabeth: thanks! :mrgreen:

B-babe: I dunno.... we might.... but definitely not to the Dole Whip meet-up, we'll be wearing our Subsonic shirts with our buttons for that.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Mon 09, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm trying to find pictures of Baloo's handy work. I found this one from a few years back.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Mon 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Very nice, Jacca! Did she do that artwork from scratch?