Creative Disney Crafting

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Creative Disney Crafting

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Thu 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Wow Mupsy! Beautiful picture!!! You are very talented!

Glad to hear you found a spot for the letters, BIG...and glad to hear E gets excited when he sees them. :D

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Jul Wed 31, 2013 8:30 am

Thank you, Thank you! :) I am obsessed with The Little Mermaid so I've been drawing some Ariel stuff lately. I should get around to posting some of my other Disney drawings and paintings as well. They are all over my house LOL

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Wed 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Mupsy90 wrote:Can't believe I just discovered this thread! I love art and I love Disney sooo naturally they get combined. :) I literally skimmed through 40 pgs of thread to look at all the pictures everyone has posted! I wish I could have seen the shadow box but the images are no longer available :(...
Mupsy, after looking at your artwork I have to say that I'm honored to have you contribute to this thread that I started! You are truly a talented artist! :D
Of course, that's not meant to ignore all the other talented artists and crafters who have contributed to this thread... I've already commented in the past on many of y'all's productions, and really look forward to seeing more. My issue right now, of course, is that I hardly ever have any time anymore to even visit the forums, let alone comment on anything. But I am trying, and I want you all to know that I miss you all very much and hope to spend more time together in the future, especially with my fellow M.M's with whom I've already partied at our two meet-ups in the past. 8-)

Mupsy, I'm sorry I had to delete my previous Photobucket account (and thereby lose all my original pictures of the shadowbox project). It's a long story that I've already addressed in the past on other threads, so I won't go into again here... but suffice it to say that I'm working on restoring some of those pictures, and I hope to soon post a "recap" of the creation process as well as the final result.

(oh great, now that I've said that, I need to "put up or shut up".... :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol: )

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Wed 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Okay, I spent all day scrounging through old computer files and memory sticks (we've had several computer and camera upgrades since I started the project), and sadly the only pics I could find were on one old memory stick that had escaped being cleansed back in the day. So here are the few pics I could salvage of part of the process. The hard work of building the box from scratch has already been done at this point, and now I'm at the sanding and applying primer stage in these pics. I'll keep working on finding more pics, though. I'm sure Mouseoholic has some other memory sticks stashed somewhere (I couldn't even find one of the old carmeras, and I hope she knows where it is... :roll: ).

:mrgreen:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Mdude! Your old truck is in those shots! :D I must say, seeing the shadow box in person was an absolute honor and extremely impressive (I was lucky enough to get to travel with bdude when work sent him to Houston and we got to spend some time with the Mouse Couple, this was way back in Feb)!!!! Wonderfully done Mdude!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 25, 2013 8:16 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Mdude! Your old truck is in those shots! :D I must say, seeing the shadow box in person was an absolute honor and extremely impressive (I was lucky enough to get to travel with bdude when work sent him to Houston and we got to spend some time with the Mouse Couple, this was way back in Feb)!!!! Wonderfully done Mdude!!!
Lucky indeed ~ I thought I heard a little mayhem spike around that time ;)
Did you ever post a photo of the finished shadow box M-dude? After M-oholic filled it up?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Sat 28, 2013 6:24 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Mdude! Your old truck is in those shots! :D I must say, seeing the shadow box in person was an absolute honor and extremely impressive (I was lucky enough to get to travel with bdude when work sent him to Houston and we got to spend some time with the Mouse Couple, this was way back in Feb)!!!! Wonderfully done Mdude!!!
Thank you, thank you... (bowing humbly...), the honor was all ours. :D
Yeah, I gotta admit that although I love my new truck, I do miss that one in the pics. She was a sweet ride. 8-) :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Sat 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Amy wrote:...I thought I heard a little mayhem spike around that time ;)
You heard well, grasshopper... 8-)
Amy wrote:Did you ever post a photo of the finished shadow box M-dude? After M-oholic filled it up?
I believe I did, but those pics were also swept up in the nefarious purge... :shock: :cry:

However, I do have some others from around that time. As you look at these shots, bear in mind that we haven't finished putting everything in order yet. A lot of the pins and such are still in the old frame (notice the stuff outside the shadowbox), and we haven't yet organized everything the way we intend to... but you get the general idea:

For those of you who remember my original narratives during the creative process, I had intended to install accent lighting in the box as well. But as time has gone on, we've realized that the accent lighting isn't really necessary, and would probably actually be a little too gaudy. It looks good as it is (and will look even better once we finish putting in all the pins and organizing everything), don't you think? Comments?
:)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Nice! I don't think I had ever seen these photos before. I like the versatility that the shelves provide. Is that a tiny glass slipped at the very bottom? Love the little diver Mickey on top ~ he's so cute :mickey:
What are the little golden books on both sides of the top shelf? They look interesting :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sat 28, 2013 10:02 pm

I think it's perfect as is, I don't think the lights are necessary! Don't mess with perfection!!! 8-)

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Wed 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Amy wrote:Nice! I don't think I had ever seen these photos before. I like the versatility that the shelves provide. Is that a tiny glass slipped at the very bottom? Love the little diver Mickey on top ~ he's so cute :mickey:
What are the little golden books on both sides of the top shelf? They look interesting :D
Thank you! :D
Yes, that is a tiny glass slipper. The little golden books are actually cases that open with special pins inside, such as Special Edition Cinderella, and such. Mouseoholic actually has several like that. :wink:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Wed 09, 2013 1:53 pm

boilerbabe wrote:I think it's perfect as is, I don't think the lights are necessary! Don't mess with perfection!!! 8-)
Thank you so much. That is truly an honor to hear coming from you, my friend! :D :D :D :D :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Well, M-dude, as perfect as it may seem I do see one big problem with it: it's already more than 2/3rd full. Doesn't that mean you're going to have to start work on a SECOND mickey mouse shaped shadow box? :wink:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Oct Thu 10, 2013 8:56 am

mindflipper wrote:Well, M-dude, as perfect as it may seem I do see one big problem with it: it's already more than 2/3rd full. Doesn't that mean you're going to have to start work on a SECOND mickey mouse shaped shadow box? :wink:
One with a bow...
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Thu 10, 2013 2:47 pm

cy1229 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Well, M-dude, as perfect as it may seem I do see one big problem with it: it's already more than 2/3rd full. Doesn't that mean you're going to have to start work on a SECOND mickey mouse shaped shadow box? :wink:
One with a bow...
Oh, that's a good idea!!! :D Mdude, you could make a killing if you sold these!!! :D