Creative Disney Crafting

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Creative Disney Crafting

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Thu 27, 2014 3:49 pm

Oh yah... that's why I love you guys! Always the bestest ideas!! Keep them coming, think Bathrooms!!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Thu 27, 2014 5:06 pm

I think I posted what we did in our bathroom...though it was simple...I framed pictures of the outside of 3 bathrooms at WDW.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Thu 27, 2014 6:16 pm

That's an awesome idea! I may have to borrow that idea for our second bathroom which currently has no theme. I guess I'll be taking photos of restrooms on our upcoming trip... :lol:
Our main bathroom's theme is DHS. It's a work in progress, but we have picture frames that look like film, and a few Disney movie themed pictures on the wall, along with a 'DHS map' outlet cover.
We recently had to replace our shower curtain though. We had an awesome Mickey Mouse curtain that had filmstrips around the borders. Of course, the cat who can't stand litter between her claws had to have something to scratch...so the bottom got all torn up....and we cannot find this curtain anywhere. So we found another Mickey curtain instead.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Thu 27, 2014 9:50 pm

You could sew your own film strip appliques over the new one... just get some black all-weather fabric like canvas or nylon and applique stitch it with your machine. Would take a LOT of thread and cutting the sprocket holes would be a pain, but it would look pretty awesome when you're done.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Mar Sat 01, 2014 8:54 am

Too funny!!! posting pictures of bathrooms. Who would of thought!!! :lol: :lol: But I love the ideas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :goofy:

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Mar Mon 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
Mupsy90 wrote:Can't believe I just discovered this thread! I love art and I love Disney sooo naturally they get combined. :) I literally skimmed through 40 pgs of thread to look at all the pictures everyone has posted! I wish I could have seen the shadow box but the images are no longer available :(...
Mupsy, after looking at your artwork I have to say that I'm honored to have you contribute to this thread that I started! You are truly a talented artist! :D
Of course, that's not meant to ignore all the other talented artists and crafters who have contributed to this thread... I've already commented in the past on many of y'all's productions, and really look forward to seeing more. My issue right now, of course, is that I hardly ever have any time anymore to even visit the forums, let alone comment on anything. But I am trying, and I want you all to know that I miss you all very much and hope to spend more time together in the future, especially with my fellow M.M's with whom I've already partied at our two meet-ups in the past. 8-)

Mupsy, I'm sorry I had to delete my previous Photobucket account (and thereby lose all my original pictures of the shadowbox project). It's a long story that I've already addressed in the past on other threads, so I won't go into again here... but suffice it to say that I'm working on restoring some of those pictures, and I hope to soon post a "recap" of the creation process as well as the final result.

(oh great, now that I've said that, I need to "put up or shut up".... :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol: )

Commenting many months later (lol) but thank you :) also I checked out the pics you posted and omg it looks so awesome!! I am totally impressed!! I wish I knew how to build stuff out of wood (or out of anything lol). Great Job!

Also cute bathroom ideas guys! I really want to make my bathroom Beach Club themed (I already painted my bedroom with colors inspired by beaches and cream!).

Anyway here's a couple of drawings I've done since I last posted
Simba and Figment were birthday cards.
All I used were prismacolor pencils

Last edited by Mupsy90 on Apr Sun 20, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Wow ~ great pictures and cards! Do you work from a picture or just your imagination? :D

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Mar Tue 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Amy wrote:Wow ~ great pictures and cards! Do you work from a picture or just your imagination? :D
Thanks! The Lilo and Stitch ( and Orange Bird) pic was a bit of both but the others were based off a picture. I wish I was that good that I didn't need to look at pictures to draw! Maybe one day lol :)

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Tue 08, 2014 10:46 am

So DS will turn 2 years old next week and we have slowly been turning his room from a nursery into a boy's room. One of the last things to go will be the Winnie the Pooh pictures I drew for him before he was born.

Not removing this one...just moved it to the hall outside of DS's room.

We have a "Transportation" theme in his room now with planes, trains, and automobiles. :lol:
Of course we have to have some kind of Disney touch to it. So instead of drawing more things...because I have no free time now...I decided to look for different WDW transportation pictures. I decided to find one of each of the main kinds of transportation: Boat, Train, Monorail, and Automobile. I knew I didn't just want them as they were...or in black and white because they needed to look artistic. We tried different things in GIMP like making them look like vintage photos to making them look like oil paintings. Then I got the idea to make them black and white...but choose one color to show...the color of the vehicle. Now to find specific vehicles with those colors and edit them. It was a very tedious process...but I think they turned out great. I even got the itch to remove people from the photos if I thought they got in the way. So you'll notice I erased the folks in the boat...kinda eerie.

We're hoping to get them printed this week and have them up in his room before his birthday party this weekend. :goofy_bounce:

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Apr Tue 08, 2014 11:55 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
cy1229 wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Nice shirts! Taking any orders...? :D
LOL we've been thinking about selling tie-dyed shirts this summer at our local "Freedom Festival." Not Mickey shirts, mind you, just shirts in general. So if we decide to do that this summer, then yeah, I'll take some orders (gratis of course) as long as we have the dyes mixed. :)
I'm in!!

Me too! Those Mickey tie-dies are fantastic! Nice work :mickey:

kelpseaweedkelp

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Apr Tue 08, 2014 12:33 pm

[quote="cousininmiami"]
This is a restaurant menu from 1972 from our trip that I saved, notice the prices!!

That Hot Shoppes Menu is amazing. Not only for the prices but for the color scheme and graphic design. That sun would be a great tattoo! Where was the restaurant? Quite a great keepsake! :donald:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Great idea on the transportation BIG! I love how they came out. You are simply relocating the other Pooh drawings too right? You might want to use those again, or your son might want them back up after he meets Pooh in person :D

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Fri 11, 2014 8:56 am

Oh yes...we are saving all of the pictures!

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » Apr Sun 20, 2014 1:39 pm

In honor of Easter I decided to draw Thumper!

Happy Easter! :ccat:

BTW I adore those Winnie the Pooh drawings, and the transportation theme is a neat idea for a boys room! Love the Disney incorporation!

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Apr Sun 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Awww, Thumper! One of my favourites :) Good choice for Easter! Hope everyone's was great!