Creative Disney Crafting

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Creative Disney Crafting

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 10, 2013 8:55 pm

cy1229 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Well, M-dude, as perfect as it may seem I do see one big problem with it: it's already more than 2/3rd full. Doesn't that mean you're going to have to start work on a SECOND mickey mouse shaped shadow box? :wink:
One with a bow...
Best idea ever! :minnie:

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Oct Mon 14, 2013 4:26 pm

That would be sweet!!! :) :goofy:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Tue 22, 2013 6:37 am

As much as I'd love to do that, it doesn't seem likely to happen... at least not any time soon. I have too many other things going on in my life right now to even think about starting another shadow box. *sigh*.... but I wish.... :(

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 22, 2013 7:21 am

Mousekedude wrote:As much as I'd love to do that, it doesn't seem likely to happen... at least not any time soon. I have too many other things going on in my life right now to even think about starting another shadow box. *sigh*.... but I wish.... :(
Someday M-dude, maybe someday :D

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Dec Sat 07, 2013 11:47 am

I enjoyed reading about all the craft projects going on and was very happy at the end to see some pictures of the much discussed shadow box. Wow! Impressive! Thanks for re-posting some images.

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Wed 19, 2014 11:15 am

I want to start my Disney Guest Bathroom. I'm not sure if I want a Mickey bathroom, or Haunted Mansion. I think I would love a Haunted one, with the wallpaper etc but don't know where to start. Any ideas?
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 19, 2014 12:13 pm

cousininmiami wrote:I want to start my Disney Guest Bathroom. I'm not sure if I want a Mickey bathroom, or Haunted Mansion. I think I would love a Haunted one, with the wallpaper etc but don't know where to start. Any ideas?
Found some online. It is a bit pricey, but it would really look cool! Here is a link ~
http://www.spoonflower.com/wallpaper/2049564

cousininmiami

Post by cousininmiami » Feb Wed 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Amy wrote:
cousininmiami wrote:I want to start my Disney Guest Bathroom. I'm not sure if I want a Mickey bathroom, or Haunted Mansion. I think I would love a Haunted one, with the wallpaper etc but don't know where to start. Any ideas?
Found some online. It is a bit pricey, but it would really look cool! Here is a link ~
Very nice! It might be expensive but it's a small bathroom so it wouldn't be that much. I wonder, what would it look like to mix Haunted Mansion Wallpaper with Mickey Mouse fixtures? Maybe weird. But I can't find Mickey Fixtures anyways...

I wish there was a Home decorating store in Downtown Disney. Someplace to sell everything you would need to decorate your house!! It would be dangerous for me! :shock:
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:21 pm

cousininmiami wrote:
Amy wrote:
Very nice! It might be expensive but it's a small bathroom so it wouldn't be that much. I wonder, what would it look like to mix Haunted Mansion Wallpaper with Mickey Mouse fixtures? Maybe weird. But I can't find Mickey Fixtures anyways...

I wish there was a Home decorating store in Downtown Disney. Someplace to sell everything you would need to decorate your house!! It would be dangerous for me! :shock:
Actually if you can use the smaller pieces of wallpaper, it wouldn't be very expensive at all. Perhaps you could paper just one wall and paint the other in HM colors? And yes, it might look a little strange to mix the two. I'm guessing you can find a lot of the accessories you need for decorating in the World of Disney store, but wouldn't it be fun to have a whole store like you mentioned?! :mickey:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:26 pm

That's a good idea, Amy!
It's funny that I happened to see this today, since I saw a post on FB today from someone who bought from this [spoonflower] site. Except, what this person bought was HM wallpaper inspired fabric. I couldn't believe it! It is giving us ideas for future projects though.... :roll:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:26 pm

:lol: That HM wallpaper is too cool!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:37 pm

MmeLeota wrote:That's a good idea, Amy!
It's funny that I happened to see this today, since I saw a post on FB today from someone who bought from this [spoonflower] site. Except, what this person bought was HM wallpaper inspired fabric. I couldn't believe it! It is giving us ideas for future projects though.... :roll:
The first thing that popped up was the fabric, but I found the wallpaper without too much problem then. There are also shower curtains which would be cool! :hm_ghost:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Oh yes! A shower curtain would be cool!!!!

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Thu 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Yeah...if you did the wallpaper I would just do one wall as an accent wall. That way it draws attention to the pattern without it being too much. Think about when you see the wallpaper during the attraction...it's dark and you hardly notice it.

Another idea would be to theme it after the stretching room. So you'd have the striped wallpaper up top...then wainscoting paneling at the bottom. You could also have your favorite of the 4 portraits in there. This way you get the theme...but in a very cool and imaginative way.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Thu 27, 2014 3:08 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Yeah...if you did the wallpaper I would just do one wall as an accent wall. That way it draws attention to the pattern without it being too much. Think about when you see the wallpaper during the attraction...it's dark and you hardly notice it.

Another idea would be to theme it after the stretching room. So you'd have the striped wallpaper up top...then wainscoting paneling at the bottom. You could also have your favorite of the 4 portraits in there. This way you get the theme...but in a very cool and imaginative way.
Dude. Nailed it.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016