JONAS!!!!!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: JONAS!!!!!

Post by rphillips14 » Jul Fri 23, 2010 9:51 am

The jonas brothers are on a tour and they canceled their concert in nashville. My friend had tickets to that so when
she heard it was cancelled she FREAKED OUT!!! We didn't get tickets because most of the places left were way up high
where you have to look on a screen to even see them. And the tickets that were where you could actually see them
were around 1,000 dollars.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Fri 23, 2010 9:58 am

I can't understand how so many people are willing to spend $1000 or more on a concert ticket. I personally just recently saw two concerts with my family and combined they didn't come close to costing $1000 for a family of four. One was Chicago and Doobie Brothers where we sat about 26 rows back and the other was Further where we sat about 12 rows back.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jul Fri 23, 2010 10:54 am

rphillips14 wrote:The jonas brothers are on a tour and they canceled their concert in nashville. My friend had tickets to that so when
she heard it was cancelled she FREAKED OUT!!! We didn't get tickets because most of the places left were way up high
where you have to look on a screen to even see them. And the tickets that were where you could actually see them
Why did they cancel the show?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Fri 23, 2010 11:43 am

I personally would not pay $1,000 to see anyone! Not even Buffett!

Sorry they cancelled your show. :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 23, 2010 11:56 am

NaCler wrote:
rphillips14 wrote:The jonas brothers are on a tour and they canceled their concert in nashville. My friend had tickets to that so when
Maybe they couldn't sell all those $1,000 ticket seats... :roll:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Fri 23, 2010 11:57 am

boilerbabe wrote:I personally would not pay $1,000 to see anyone! Not even Buffett!

For a 1k a head, it better be in my yard!! I won't pay $96 to see the Eagles for the "Hell Freezes Over" tour in the 90's and we could have gotten 22 row tickets! I won't pay that to see Jimmy either!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Fri 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:I personally would not pay $1,000 to see anyone! Not even Buffett!

For a 1k a head, it better be in my yard!! I won't pay $96 to see the Eagles for the "Hell Freezes Over" tour in the 90's and we could have gotten 22 row tickets! I won't pay that to see Jimmy either!
It's not the first time I have seen obscene ticket prices. Simon & Garfunkel reunited for a tour, but the ticket prices were incredibly high (not bad as that $1,000, but getting close). I called it "We're out to rob you to build our golden retirement nest egg" tour. Who the frig pays those prices?!? :roll: :wink:

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Jul Sun 25, 2010 5:02 pm

NaCler wrote:
They cancelled the show because they wanted to spend more time overseas.

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Jul Sun 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Has anyone ever seen the ringling brothers circus? We did and I think it was more of a musical than a circus.
Plus it was a rip off. The tickets were 25 dollars per person. Thats ok. But the little things like peanuts were not worth it.
Peanuts:$15.00
Cotton candy:$20.00
Small toys(light up braclets, glow sticks,yada yada yada):$30.00
Popcorn:$7.00

RIP OFF!!!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Sun 25, 2010 6:21 pm

rphillips14 wrote:Has anyone ever seen the ringling brothers circus? We did and I think it was more of a musical than a circus.
Plus it was a rip off. The tickets were 25 dollars per person. Thats ok. But the little things like peanuts were not worth it.
Peanuts:$15.00
Cotton candy:$20.00
Small toys(light up braclets, glow sticks,yada yada yada):$30.00
Popcorn:$7.00

RIP OFF!!!!
Welcome to my point of view on these things. I really hate it when places take advantage of customers. Disney has managed to perfect this as an art form but when compared to other places they seem very fair. We recently went to a concert at the Mann Center in Philadelphia. A bottle of soda was $4.00!!! It was disgusting how much they over charge. I had thought Disney was expensive when they charged $2.50 for a bottle of soda, but it seemed like a bargain.

Unfortunately a lot of places will do these types of things. A baseball game for a family of four to see the Mets or Yankees will run you a few hundred dollars for tickets. Then you have to pay close to $20 to park your car at the stadium. IF you want to get anything to eat or drink during the game that will cost you a pretty penny too. Finally, souvenirs are astronomical. A Mets key chain (last time I was there two years ago) was around $8.00!!!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 25, 2010 6:54 pm

I noticed when I went to the Cubs game last weekend that there were very few families there. It's sad but it seems like the cost of tickets being so high is pricing most families out of experiencing something American as a baseball game. Luckily my friend knew about remote parking, where for $6 you could park and get round-trip bus tickets for your whole carload! We also looked online and found out you could take sealed beverages into the stadium so we picked up a case of water at the local grocery store for $4. Each bottle of water, and not the big bottles either, was selling for $4 there!
That being said, I suppose each person has their price point for what they would like to experience. I know I paid far too dearly to see Billy Joel and Elton John together in concert, but it was a once in a lifetime experience for me. I suppose that is the case for these people taking their children to see the Jonas Bros.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Sun 25, 2010 8:00 pm

One of the nice things about living here is that we can go see the Lookouts (3 of us) for about $50. That includes Tickets, parking, food, drinks, (2) brewpub (Bid River, just like at WDW) beers and a few foam fingers! Minor league baseball is one of the best values!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 25, 2010 8:02 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:One of the nice things about living here is that we can go see the Lookouts (3 of us) for about $50. That includes Tickets, parking, food, drinks, (2) brewpub (Bid River, just like at WDW) beers and a few foam fingers! Minor league baseball is one of the best values!
That's exactly what I was thinking while I was there...could have sat much closer to the action and had a few snacks at the minor league ball game for cheaper than one ticket at a major league...oh well, got to hang out with some old friends so that was nice :D

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Jul Mon 26, 2010 9:01 am

I gotta say disney is pricey.But it is completely worth it. We have five people in our family.(two adults and three children)
So tickets for DW were about 5,000 dollars. But it was worth it.Our room was completely clean every time we walked in. And they left oragami animals in the bathroom.(We still have them)So the room was satisfactory.
The t-shirts were pricey. One sweatshirt was fifty dollars. But that is what a sweatshirt cost at our local wal-mart anyway. So I guess t-shirts were good. :minnie: :figment: :hatter_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy: :ccat: :donald: :mickey2: :mickey3: :nemo: :pluto: :jack: :wave: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Mon 26, 2010 10:28 am

If you do shopping at WDW, you might want to see if anyone in your family has the Disney Visa. I know at World of Disney, if you spend over $50 or more you get 10% your purchase if you use your Disney Visa. It's a nice little perk!