The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 28, 2016 9:09 pm

cy1229 wrote:I got an email invite today. Valid?
I got one too ~ seems awfully early in the season. Maybe it is for baseball??

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Anyone know if it is time for the new season of whatever sport is in season?

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Wed 03, 2016 9:06 am

Hey there my fantasy friends! When is the draft? My Monorail Crawlers are ready to draft some good ones this year!!!! (Fingers crossed for a good draft number!)
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 03, 2016 11:01 am

cousininmiami wrote:Hey there my fantasy friends! When is the draft? My Monorail Crawlers are ready to draft some good ones this year!!!! (Fingers crossed for a good draft number!)
I just asked Len ~ who was kind enough to respond directly from WDW! ~ and he thought the draft would be sometime next month. He will check the date and let us know for sure :goofy_bounce:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 06, 2016 10:12 am

Alright so I am back from WDW (sadly) and I just took care of this. An email has gone out to all the managers with this year's draft date and time. Looks to be Sunday September 4th at 8PM.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Metalfan » Aug Sat 13, 2016 9:08 pm

Hope everyone has fun!!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sat 20, 2016 9:04 am

Notice of Draft Time Change:

As it seems like everyone is fine with the draft (I didn't hear back from you) I am going to assume that September 4th is fine. The only request I had was to possibly bump it back by 30 minutes to 8:30PM eastern. I see no issue honoring that request so the draft time will now be at 8:30PM eastern time. If you live in another time zone it's your job to do the math :D

Lastly, IF you have any suggestions for changes to the league settings, roster positions, scoring, theming, etc. you must let me know in the next week.

Thanks,
-Len
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 20, 2016 10:17 am

Len90 wrote:Notice of Draft Time Change:

As it seems like everyone is fine with the draft (I didn't hear back from you) I am going to assume that September 4th is fine. The only request I had was to possibly bump it back by 30 minutes to 8:30PM eastern. I see no issue honoring that request so the draft time will now be at 8:30PM eastern time. If you live in another time zone it's your job to do the math :D

Lastly, IF you have any suggestions for changes to the league settings, roster positions, scoring, theming, etc. you must let me know in the next week.

Thanks,
-Len
Even if the draft time is a problem, there is always auto-draft. I need to get to looking at the players and picking my ultimate team here soon!

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Aug Mon 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Hey Gang: I'm sure this has been previously answered, but it is it possible for a semi-newbie to get involved? Don't worry: I'll only draft Pittsburgh Steelers who have partial or full-year suspensions for violating the league substance abuse policy...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 22, 2016 7:29 pm

zhoover wrote:
Hey Gang: I'm sure this has been previously answered, but it is it possible for a semi-newbie to get involved? Don't worry: I'll only draft Pittsburgh Steelers who have partial or full-year suspensions for violating the league substance abuse policy...
Are you friends with Len on Facebook? Probably best to ping him there. I'll send him a message in case you aren't ~ I don't know if there is a max on the league or if all the spots are already filled.
EDIT: Len said the league is full unless someone backs out last minute. Hopefully you can grab a spot next year! :D
Or start your own second Subsonic League and we can all compete across the leagues! :goofy_bounce:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Hello zhoover:

The league is currently filled for this year. However, I am double checking all of the managers to see if there is anyone who got renewed into this year's league but doesn't want to partake in the league. Secondly, there could always be a last minute back-out as well if someone conflicts with the draft.
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Len90 wrote:Hello zhoover:

The league is currently filled for this year. However, I am double checking all of the managers to see if there is anyone who got renewed into this year's league but doesn't want to partake in the league. Secondly, there could always be a last minute back-out as well if someone conflicts with the draft.
Len, cy1229 is graciously giving her spot to zhoover ~ check your pm's on FB :D

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Aug Tue 23, 2016 8:01 am

Amy wrote:Len, cy1229 is graciously giving her spot to zhoover ~ check your pm's on FB :D
Wow - that's really nice and generous of her, but I don't want to accept it if she's going to miss participating...! I can wait until next year, no problem!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 23, 2016 8:56 pm

zhoover please email me your contact info (email address) so I can send you the invite. Please ensure you are available for the live online draft on September 4 at 8:30PM Eastern.
- Len90

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Wed 24, 2016 7:42 am

zhoover wrote:
Amy wrote:Len, cy1229 is graciously giving her spot to zhoover ~ check your pm's on FB :D
Wow - that's really nice and generous of her, but I don't want to accept it if she's going to miss participating...! I can wait until next year, no problem!
No worries zhoover. Last year all the good players I drafted got hurt and I lost almost every game. It became more of a chore than something I looked forward to. I'd rather someone else use the spot and have fun with it than me just plod along week after week. :)

By playing a little FF I learned that I still like football, but I don't really care about the stats side of it. I just like to watch a good team put together some good plays. And if that team happens to be wearing blue, white, and a horseshoe on its helmet, hey... even better. :)

I'm still going to follow the trash talking though.

Len90: I deleted my team. You should be good to go to add zhoover.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016