The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Sat 28, 2010 4:49 pm

It's funny, I'm really good against the line. I've never done this before. I can look at stats and figure trends. In the last few years (5) I've come in either first or second in a pool with 50+ people. I have averaged over 145 wins a season. This totally different.

Here's Baloo's football avatar: Image
Last edited by Jacca5660 on Aug Sat 28, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:It's funny, I'm really good against the line. I've never done this before. I can look at stats and figure trends. In the last few years (5) I've come in either first or second in a pool with 50+ people. This totally different.

Here's Baloo's football avatar: Image
I've never done this before either :shock: but I don't know that I am good with football stats and figures either :lol: We shall see :D
I do like Baloo's football avatar!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sun 29, 2010 7:36 pm

The league is now drafting. Please head on over to fantasysports.yahoo.com to enter the live online draft.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sun 29, 2010 8:10 pm

It is a little stressful ~ it reminds me of ebay, the countdown clock, will you get what you are after?!?!
EDIT: The only concern I have is I don't know what a D/ST is! I deciphered the other abbreviations for the players though :D
EDIT II: Never mind, I asked on there and Mark was nice and told me ~ thanks again Mark!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 30, 2010 12:04 am

Seems like it was a great draft with me being the only person making a mistake. I still can't figure out how I manage to forget about the injury to Sidney Rice. Oh well, maybe he'll be back for the end of the season when my team makes the playoff push.

As a reminder, if you have yet to send me a message with your real name, sub name, home state, and attraction your team is named for, please do it soon. I would like to post that message before the season starts so we can get familiar with our opponents.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 30, 2010 5:56 am

Len90 wrote:Seems like it was a great draft with me being the only person making a mistake. I still can't figure out how I manage to forget about the injury to Sidney Rice. Oh well, maybe he'll be back for the end of the season when my team makes the playoff push.

As a reminder, if you have yet to send me a message with your real name, sub name, home state, and attraction your team is named for, please do it soon. I would like to post that message before the season starts so we can get familiar with our opponents.
It was fun Len. Certainly never something I had done before. I'm interested to see how my team does :D

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Aug Mon 30, 2010 8:19 am

Even though I'm not in it, I can't wait to hear the updates of how everyone is doing! BTW Amy, I love your new Avatar box thing, how ever did you do it?? I want one! And I totally love Baloo too!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Mon 30, 2010 9:39 am

I am ticked off... Of all the times for my internet to not want to work. I never did the pre-draft selections because I was planning on being there... UGH!!!!! I had some good players in mind too. I've hardly heard of most of my players to boot.

Just venting.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Aug Mon 30, 2010 10:01 am

I was wondering what happened to you MadEye... if I have any of the players you had in mind, please shoot me a trade request and I'll consider it. Thanks.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Mon 30, 2010 10:55 am

NaCler wrote:I was wondering what happened to you MadEye... if I have any of the players you had in mind, please shoot me a trade request and I'll consider it. Thanks.
Nah. I'm not about to screw anyone over because of something that wasn't in my control. You guys got your players fair and square as far as I am concerned. Time will tell, I may not have that bad of a team. It is doubtful, but it could happen...
― Dr. Seuss

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 30, 2010 11:19 am

MadEye wrote:I am ticked off... Of all the times for my internet to not want to work. I never did the pre-draft selections because I was planning on being there... UGH!!!!! I had some good players in mind too. I've hardly heard of most of my players to boot.

Just venting.
Aww, that's too bad MadEye. I just figured you were autodrafting by choice :(

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Madeye, trust me when I say the deft didn't go as I had planned it out in my head with player selections. Also keep in mind that nobody has any clue as to how good their team is until two-three weeks into the season. The stars of last year could be the biggest busts of this year. We just need to hope that there will be some amazing FA pickups that can come mid season.
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 30, 2010 12:25 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Even though I'm not in it, I can't wait to hear the updates of how everyone is doing! BTW Amy, I love your new Avatar box thing, how ever did you do it?? I want one! And I totally love Baloo too!
I'll be sure to keep you updated on my Ferocious Figments! And to borrow a favorite saying of Mousekedude ~ I would tell you how I got my new Avatar box thingie, but then I'd have to kill you :cool:
:lol: Just kidding...on photobucket they have a collage option where you can choose from different layouts and then you upload your photos. It was fun to play with but I do wish you could customize the layout a bit more. If you make one you should be sure to include your beautiful plumeria blossoms :D

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Mon 30, 2010 12:58 pm

Len90 wrote:Madeye, trust me when I say the deft didn't go as I had planned it out in my head with player selections.
Ah, but at least you had control over which players you got. I can guarantee that the draft I wanted would never have happened the way I or anyone really wanted. Last year I wanted Ronnie Brown but he went before I got the chance. Settled for Ricky Williams and that came to my advantage when Ronnie got injured in the middle of the season. So like I said, time will tell this season.

Go Dolphins!!!!!!!!!!
― Dr. Seuss

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Mon 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Amy wrote:on photobucket they have a collage option where you can choose from different layouts and then you upload your photos.
While off topic here I figured I would ask: Who's star is that on the Walk of Fame. I'm guessing Mickey Mouse?
― Dr. Seuss