The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 06, 2010 11:55 am

Jacca5660 wrote:May be I'll try it. How much time a week are we talking? Are spreads involved?
The league will not be very time consuming at all. It will take at most a half hour a week to set you line up and figure out which are your best matchups. There are no spreads involved with the league.

The only time consuming part of the league is the draft and that will take about two hours. It us advised that you be on your computer drafting but you can set up the computer to auto draft for you. It's a lot of fun and everyone had a blast last year.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Sun 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Jacca - You're not picking games each week. You draft a team of players and they play against other teams players. Whoever scored the most points that weekend wins. You can choose how much time you put into it.

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Thu 10, 2010 2:24 pm

Hmmm....maybe I'm being dumb, but is there a link to the actual site aside from the league details? Is it ESPN's league creator or...? And is there still space? :)

EDIT: I've left my above post as is to memorialize my stupidity. I completely missed the line about yahoo. Sorry!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 10, 2010 4:31 pm

After looking at this closer, I think I will bow out and give my space to someone else. I don't have any clue even where to start...I'll participate vicariously this year and maybe join in next year :( Thanks anyhow...

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Amy... wimp... we will help you, seriously. My wife tried it a couple of years ago, she is hooked now and does it every year with me. You will like it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 10, 2010 9:06 pm

NaCler wrote:Amy... wimp... we will help you, seriously. My wife tried it a couple of years ago, she is hooked now and does it every year with me. You will like it.
Thanks for the support ~ I will participate as long as there are plenty of spots...I just don't want to edge out anyone that would be more rabid(?) than me :lol:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Fri 11, 2010 12:06 am

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:Amy... wimp... we will help you, seriously. My wife tried it a couple of years ago, she is hooked now and does it every year with me. You will like it.
Thanks for the support ~ I will participate as long as there are plenty of spots...I just don't want to edge out anyone that would be more rabid(?) than me :lol:
There are plenty of spots and you should not have to worry about that. It is a first come first serve basis. So far we have 7 teams and I have the league set to allow 12. Remembre if there is such a large demand for football, I can always start another league or up this one to 14.

Amy, you will feel like a seasoned vet within 2-3 weeks.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 11, 2010 7:18 am

Len90 wrote:There are plenty of spots and you should not have to worry about that. It is a first come first serve basis. So far we have 7 teams and I have the league set to allow 12. Remembre if there is such a large demand for football, I can always start another league or up this one to 14.
Amy, you will feel like a seasoned vet within 2-3 weeks.
And I might...gulp...actually learn something about the game of football...I mean beyond which team has the cutest outfits! ;)

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Fri 11, 2010 7:30 am

"Cutest outfits"???? Is the Ravens shade of purple, "grape or aubergine?" haha... :lol:
Len - She's definitely in...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 11, 2010 7:32 am

NaCler wrote:"Cutest outfits"???? Is the Ravens shade of purple, "grape or aubergine?" haha... :lol:
Len - She's definitely in...
I could be in trouble...I've never heard of the Ravens :(
My Dad was a Bears man and my cute kicker was from the 49'ers or maybe it was the Steelers...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 13, 2010 10:57 pm

We currently have 8 teams in the football league. There is still room for 4 more teams. If you haven't joined yet, there is still time. The draft is Sunday Aug. 29 at 8:45PM EDT. There is no fee and no experience required. We had a blast last year and this year only promises to be better!
- Len90

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sun 08, 2010 12:53 am

The league is currently up to 9 teams. We are in need of 3 more teams. If you are interested in having some fun come join up. The live draft is on Sunday Aug. 29 at 8:45PM EDT. Remember that you do not need experience in playing fantasy football to join up. It's fun and it's free. Keep in mind we will not be able to draft with an odd number of teams. If you have any family or friends that might be interested go ahead and send them the information.
- Len90

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Aug Mon 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Len90 wrote:The league is currently up to 9 teams. We are in need of 3 more teams. If you are interested in having some fun come join up. The live draft is on Sunday Aug. 29 at 8:45PM EDT. Remember that you do not need experience in playing fantasy football to join up. It's fun and it's free. Keep in mind we will not be able to draft with an odd number of teams. If you have any family or friends that might be interested go ahead and send them the information.
How to I join?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Aug Mon 09, 2010 5:45 pm

That's the spirit Jacca... I LOVE the new avatar by the way...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Mon 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Len90 wrote:The league is currently up to 9 teams. We are in need of 3 more teams. If you are interested in having some fun come join up. The live draft is on Sunday Aug. 29 at 8:45PM EDT. Remember that you do not need experience in playing fantasy football to join up. It's fun and it's free. Keep in mind we will not be able to draft with an odd number of teams. If you have any family or friends that might be interested go ahead and send them the information.
How to I join?
You need to have a yahoo account in order to sign up. Registraction is free. All you have to do is follow this: https://edit.yahoo.com/registration?.in ... mo=&.last=

After that, you will be signed up. You go to fantasysports.yahoo.com and click to join a private custom football league. The information you will need for the league is posted on the first page of this thread. It shouldn't take you more than 5-10 minutes to do it.
- Len90