The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Well it is that time of year again! The WDW Resorts league of last year is returning this year as the WDW Attractions football league. The league is once again on yahoo and is a free league. The only requirement for the league is that you incorporate a WDW attraction somehow into your team name. Invitations have been sent out to all the members who were part of it last year, but new members are more than welcome! So here is the league information:

League Name: WDW Attractions
League ID: 25175
Password: disney

Right now it is set up for 10 teams, which it can be expanded to accommodate more people. The draft is currently scheduled for Sun Aug 29 8:45pm EDT. Please get back to me if that is convenient for you. We can always change around the draft date and time!

Good Luck and I look forward to seeing everybody join!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Post by NaCler » Jun Sat 05, 2010 9:15 pm

The Thunder Mountaineers are in!!! Come on FOOTBALL SEASON!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 05, 2010 9:20 pm

Hmm, if it even possible, I know less about football than basketball :( so.....I'm in! I shall come up with an appropriate name before August and am open to suggestions :D

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Sat 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Amy wrote:Hmm, if it even possible, I know less about football than basketball :( so.....I'm in! I shall come up with an appropriate name before August and am open to suggestions :D
Oh GREAT... now we KNOW who's going to win this thing! It's always a rookie! :lol: You'll do fine Amy... we'll steer you in the right direction. Just remember to get a good field goal kicker in the 1st round. That is key. :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 05, 2010 9:27 pm

NaCler wrote:
Amy wrote:Hmm, if it even possible, I know less about football than basketball :( so.....I'm in! I shall come up with an appropriate name before August and am open to suggestions :D
Oh GREAT... now we KNOW who's going to win this thing! It's always a rookie! :lol: You'll do fine Amy... we'll steer you in the right direction. Just remember to get a good field goal kicker in the 1st round. That is key. :wink:
Well, as much as I always thought the Pittsburgh Steelers kicker, well, I think that was the right team anyhow, was cute...Ummm, wouldn't a quarterback be a little more important?! :?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Sat 05, 2010 9:33 pm

:D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 05, 2010 9:37 pm

Steer me in the right direction - HA! I can see this will be a all out competitive league Image
Bring it on bad boy :twisted:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Sat 05, 2010 9:40 pm

*Thinking to self* This may be a rookie that we might not be able to pull one over on... hmmmm... :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 05, 2010 10:22 pm

NaCler wrote:*Thinking to self* This may be a rookie that we might not be able to pull one over on... hmmmm... :roll:
Nah, despite my father watching Sunday night NFL during all of my formative years, and pulling Friday night ambulance game duty for y-e-a-r-s :roll: where every one of my shift partners felt the need to valiantly try to 'splain the game to me, I really don't know much...it will be a miracle if my team does well...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:*Thinking to self* This may be a rookie that we might not be able to pull one over on... hmmmm... :roll:
Nah, despite my father watching Sunday night NFL during all of my formative years, and pulling Friday night ambulance game duty for y-e-a-r-s :roll: where every one of my shift partners felt the need to valiantly try to 'splain the game to me, I really don't know much...it will be a miracle if my team does well...
No need to worry we had some rookies last year and everybody did pretty well in the league. If you can't think of a name right now, you can always sign up with a random team name and change it later on via "Edit Team Settings". Trust me when I say by mid season you will be a seasoned veteran!

Also I expanded the max number of teams up to 12 since we already have 6 signed up and Amy will be the seventh.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jun Sun 06, 2010 8:34 am

Another rookie in! I hope I don't bump anyone that was here last year that wants in again....

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Sun 06, 2010 9:15 am

Can somebody explain how this works. Yea, I don't know how to do it. The first words in learning are "I DON'T KNOW"!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 06, 2010 9:43 am

kcarts wrote:Another rookie in! I hope I don't bump anyone that was here last year that wants in again....
I will gladly give up my space if we reach the max amount of players...I like to try new things but this looks pretty complicated to me...there were about a bazillion tutorials to look through on the "how to play" page...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 06, 2010 11:49 am

Jacca, it's really not that hard to play fantasy football. Before the season begins we hold a draft and after that you can add/drop players on the free agents list. Every week you play another team and the team that scores the most points wins. It's a lot of fun and is really easy to play.

Rookies: the league was increased to allow 12 teams and if needed can grow to allow 14 teams. Nobody should feel like they need to drop out of the league.
- Len90

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Sun 06, 2010 11:51 am

May be I'll try it. How much time a week are we talking? Are spreads involved?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage