The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: The Return of Subsonic Fantasy Football

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 28, 2015 8:42 pm

Metalfan wrote:Its all fallen apart for me. Ah well
I'm falling rapidly in the rankings. Just as well as I'll be at WDW during the playoffs, or at least very close to them so I likely won't be checking on my team then anyhow. I'll be using that phone power to check/change FP times and attraction wait times! :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Mon 30, 2015 10:13 am

I just can't win. I was starting Drew Brees and Andy Dalton was KILLING. So I finally swapped them and the Brees had that 7-TD pass game. Dalton was starting to stumble. So this week I swapped them out and the Saints LOST TO THE TEXANS!?!? Wth? I have half a mind to dump everyone on my roster since there is absolutely no way I can even think about qualifying for the playoffs, then all y'all can have at it with the few good players I do have.

Not sure I'll do this next year. This season was pretty frustrating with all the injuries so early on.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 30, 2015 10:36 am

cy1229 wrote:I just can't win. I was starting Drew Brees and Andy Dalton was KILLING. So I finally swapped them and the Brees had that 7-TD pass game. Dalton was starting to stumble. So this week I swapped them out and the Saints LOST TO THE TEXANS!?!? Wth? I have half a mind to dump everyone on my roster since there is absolutely no way I can even think about qualifying for the playoffs, then all y'all can have at it with the few good players I do have.

Not sure I'll do this next year. This season was pretty frustrating with all the injuries so early on.
Oh no, you really have had a rough season. And I am still so amazed at how many injuries there have been this year. I don't remember so many injuries and questionable/probably/out statuses on the players in previous seasons. Hang in there ~ you never know, you might rally!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Mon 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:I just can't win. I was starting Drew Brees and Andy Dalton was KILLING. So I finally swapped them and the Brees had that 7-TD pass game. Dalton was starting to stumble. So this week I swapped them out and the Saints LOST TO THE TEXANS!?!? Wth? I have half a mind to dump everyone on my roster since there is absolutely no way I can even think about qualifying for the playoffs, then all y'all can have at it with the few good players I do have.

Oh no, you really have had a rough season. And I am still so amazed at how many injuries there have been this year. I don't remember so many injuries and questionable/probably/out statuses on the players in previous seasons. Hang in there ~ you never know, you might rally!
I'm 1-10, Amy. Soon to be 1-11. That wouldn't be a rally, it would be a freaking miracle, accompanied by a reverse in time to undo all the stats already existing. I'm good but I'm not THAT good. :lol:

...I'm not even good. I stink at this fantasy thing. But it's kind of fun to follow individual players.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 30, 2015 8:10 pm

cy1229 wrote:I'm 1-10, Amy. Soon to be 1-11. That wouldn't be a rally, it would be a freaking miracle, accompanied by a reverse in time to undo all the stats already existing. I'm good but I'm not THAT good. :lol:

...I'm not even good. I stink at this fantasy thing. But it's kind of fun to follow individual players.
:lol: Ok, so maybe I should have checked the league's standings before being quite so optimistic. :lol:
It really has made me a bit more interested in football since I started, and it also allows me to have a little something more in common with some of my students who have fantasy football leagues in their families.

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Metalfan » Dec Mon 07, 2015 8:26 am

Ah well, tough to win when your QB scores 2 pts. At least Antonio Brown gave me a chance.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Wed 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Hello everyone,

It's scary to think that our seventh season of Subsonic Radio Fantasy football is now in the history books. A huge congratulations goes out to my dad in defending his title and becoming the first manager to win back to back championships. Amy made her return to the finals this year for second and my brother Mark rounded out the trophy ceremony with third.

I would like to take this moment to thank each and every one of the managers for consistently setting their line-ups and making this year's league the most fun and competitive one yet. I have already gone ahead and set the league for automatically renew for next year. Keep an eye on your inbox come May/June as you should be receiving your invitation sometime around then. Yes we will be back for our eighth season!!!

If anybody has any suggestions for changes next year, please don't hesitate to email me or post something in the thread on subsonicradio.com.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!

See you real soon,
- Len
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 06, 2016 7:58 pm

It was a great season indeed ~ I was so surprised when I found out I was in the finals after the way the second half of my season went. Congrats to your Dad too ~ he came out of nowhere and put me firmly back in second place those last few games!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jan Sat 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Disappointing ending for me after the awesome streak I had going, but that's Fantasy Football for you. Nice job to Amy for throughly knocking my team all around the field and stopping my lucky streak. Congrats to Mark for jamming the knife in a little further in our battle for third on probably the closest finish I've ever been in. Congrats to Charles and his dynasty and of course a big thank you to our Commish, Len. Always a pleasure and I look forward to another season.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 09, 2016 10:10 pm

NaCler wrote:Disappointing ending for me after the awesome streak I had going, but that's Fantasy Football for you. Nice job to Amy for throughly knocking my team all around the field and stopping my lucky streak. Congrats to Mark for jamming the knife in a little further in our battle for third on probably the closest finish I've ever been in. Congrats to Charles and his dynasty and of course a big thank you to our Commish, Len. Always a pleasure and I look forward to another season.
No one could have been more surprised than me when I came out on top of our match!
Mousekedittos to the thank you for Len ~ wouldn't be a FF without you :D

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Jan Sat 09, 2016 10:47 pm

Really fun season!! Didn't end the way I had hoped, but injuries were a killer for lots this year. Congrats to your dad on the win and thank you so much for letting me be in it again!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Sun 10, 2016 3:28 pm

I don't want to talk about it.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 10, 2016 3:48 pm

cy1229 wrote:I don't want to talk about it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Fri 15, 2016 6:40 pm

cy1229 wrote:I don't want to talk about it.
You and me both! Amy's huge finish to the regular season was the nail in the coffin for my playoff aspirations. Suffered too many injuries this year but rest assured we will be back next year.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Apr Thu 28, 2016 9:05 pm

I got an email invite today. Valid?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012