Toy Story 3!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Toy Story 3!

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Tue 22, 2010 10:56 pm

I love that Jessie memorized how to put Buzz into Spanish mode!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Wed 23, 2010 3:34 am

That part made me laugh the hardest in the theater. I'd go back just to watch that scene.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Wed 23, 2010 7:00 am

mindflipper wrote:
MadEye wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:I believe it was Lotso that said it when they "captured" Buzz...it was a reference to FAO Schwartz. Most of the people in the theatre were teenagers and I'm not sure they understood the line, but I laughed so loud!!!!
"FAO my Schwartz." I laughed hard at that too.

I was kinda disappointed that they revealed Lotso to be the main bad guy so soon in the film. Other than that it was a perfect ending to the franchise.
Errrrrrr, have you seen anything officially in print from Disney or Pixar that unequivocally states in definite terms that this film is the final film in this franchise? I haven't. They did leave it open for a TS4.

as long as it makes money, the franchise will continue on...
If that is true, I hope it is not about Woody, Buzz, Rex, Potato Head, etc. because, IMHO, their story has been told and has come to an end.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Wed 23, 2010 9:07 am

For our generation, yes, MadEye, but there's other generations coming after us - I think that was the point about the toys being passed from Andy to Bonnie - just as these films will pass from one generation to another - it means there can be further adventures of Buzz and Woody...

Who knows? One of TS3's original storyline dealt with Woody and the Toys trying to save Buzz from a toy recall (then all those toy recalls for toys manufactured in China happened, so I can see why that got dropped). There's still other stories that can be told...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Wed 23, 2010 6:03 pm

If anyone buys the first Toy Story that comes with both BluRay and DVD, there's a free ticket to see the new movie. I had bought the first two movies at Target today since I couldn't believe I didn't have them on DVD yet.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Fri 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Well I just finally got to see Toy Story 3 and wow I was not expecting to leave a few yer drops at the theater. One of the most amazing movies that I have ever seen. It was well written and to me completed a really nice trilogy. The hidden meanings in the movie really hit home to me. The saddest thong is that I grew up with these movies. I can now fully read this thread and understand everything. Potato head was hysterical and really stole the show, but Spanish buzz was too funny.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Fri 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Len90 wrote:Well I just finally got to see Toy Story 3 and wow I was not expecting to leave a few yer drops at the theater. One of the most amazing movies that I have ever seen. It was well written and to me completed a really nice trilogy. The hidden meanings in the movie really hit home to me. The saddest thong is that I grew up with these movies. I can now fully read this thread and understand everything. Potato head was hysterical and really stole the show, but Spanish buzz was too funny.
I never knew thongs could be sad...
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Fri 25, 2010 8:21 pm

MadEye wrote:
Len90 wrote:Well I just finally got to see Toy Story 3 and wow I was not expecting to leave a few yer drops at the theater. One of the most amazing movies that I have ever seen. It was well written and to me completed a really nice trilogy. The hidden meanings in the movie really hit home to me. The saddest thong is that I grew up with these movies. I can now fully read this thread and understand everything. Potato head was hysterical and really stole the show, but Spanish buzz was too funny.
I never knew thongs could be sad...
Have you ever been to WalMart?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Jun Fri 25, 2010 9:31 pm

I loved the movie! I didn't expect to be on the verge of crying though. Being somebody who went off to a dorm for the last two school years, it hit close to home. Overall, this was a very entertaining and well written movie. When is TS4 coming out?
Mark86

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Fri 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Mark86 wrote:I loved the movie! I didn't expect to be on the verge of crying though. Being somebody who went off to a dorm for the last two school years, it hit close to home. Overall, this was a very entertaining and well written movie. When is TS4 coming out?
It appears no one is immune to TS3's ability to emotionally generate those unwanted tears. It's almost evil. :twisted: :wink: :lol:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Fri 25, 2010 11:07 pm

Sorry everybody, but the iPhone likes to do it's own spell checking. It was supposed to read "thing" not "thong".

As for the tears, they were there towards the end. I honestly think for me it was just the relation to my family and how I grew up watching the first two.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Sat 26, 2010 7:03 am

You guys are right about the tears thing, my wife was laughing at me because I teared up a little. I told her, "I'm human and have a heart, so sue me!" :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Sat 26, 2010 8:18 am

Len90 wrote:Sorry everybody, but the iPhone likes to do it's own spell checking. It was supposed to read "thing" not "thong".

As for the tears, they were there towards the end. I honestly think for me it was just the relation to my family and how I grew up watching the first two.
Everybody got to tease you about before I could - DRATS! I busted up in laughter over that one. Just be happy that type wasn't in a paper you wrote for a lit class... :roll: :lol: :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 26, 2010 11:26 am

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:Sorry everybody, but the iPhone likes to do it's own spell checking. It was supposed to read "thing" not "thong".

Everybody got to tease you about before I could - DRATS! I busted up in laughter over that one. Just be happy that type wasn't in a paper you wrote for a lit class... :roll: :lol: :wink:
:lol: iphones are wonderful in so many ways...the automatic spelling thing isn't always the greatest though :roll:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Len's spelling mishap sure got a chuckle out of me too... :lol: