Toy Story 3!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Toy Story 3!

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 21, 2010 3:57 pm

NaCler wrote:The part that got us and the theater laughing hard was Mr. Tortilla Head.... then I guess Mr. Cucumber Head... I thought he stole the show in this one.
The tortilla was great! (I loved the sound effects they used for that too...)

There was a line said in the movie that I was the only one laughing, but sadly, I cannot remember it. Maybe someone can jog my memory.

I believe it was Lotso that said it when they "captured" Buzz...it was a reference to FAO Schwartz. Most of the people in the theatre were teenagers and I'm not sure they understood the line, but I laughed so loud!!!! (I think the meds had something to do with my bad memory :shock: )

I'm hoping to get a chance to go again sometime...maybe I'll take mom.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 21, 2010 5:57 pm

MmeLeota - I remember hearing the line but I didn't catch all of it. Sorry I can't help.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Bummer. Thanks anyway. We're going to end up seeing it again since I just found out it's at our drive-in...I'll catch it then (and hopefully un-medicated ;) :lol: )

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 21, 2010 9:16 pm

I hope people have caught that Sid is in this film though he's only in it for a brief period. Just keep an eye out for the familiar skull shirt!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Mon 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Why isn't anybody talking about how this is not a children's movie? To me this movie is for all those kids that are now older teenager, you know, the ones that grew up with toy story. I thought it was great, but I also would tell friends with younger children that this is not a movie for those under say 6 or 7.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 21, 2010 11:04 pm

I agree with you, Jacca. It doesn't feel like a children's movie because in a way it grew up like we all did? It'd be easier for those that were with the franchise since the beginning to get more into the film than those that are new to it but that's just me.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Tue 22, 2010 7:04 am

Jacca5660 wrote:Why isn't anybody talking about how this is not a children's movie? To me this movie is for all those kids that are now older teenager, you know, the ones that grew up with toy story. I thought it was great, but I also would tell friends with younger children that this is not a movie for those under say 6 or 7.
I respectfully disagree. I took my 7 and 4 year old boys to see it and they loved it. The 4 year old jumped a couple of times because they have Lotso surprise you, but other than that if they are a Toy Story fan, I see no reason not to take them. The furnace scene is a little intense but since it has a good result, it is ok. There really are some good moral lessons in the movie and I was glad we took them to see it.

There are a lot of things that today's kids won't get, like Ken's fashion scene and FAO Schwartz references, but those are in every animated movie (and shows) now so that the adults can enjoy them as well.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 22, 2010 9:37 am

elizabethswann wrote:I agree with you, Jacca. It doesn't feel like a children's movie because in a way it grew up like we all did? It'd be easier for those that were with the franchise since the beginning to get more into the film than those that are new to it but that's just me.
Please also remember that back in the late fall they re-released Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in the theatres as 3D movies. So many children had the chance to connect with the franchise back then before this film came out...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Tue 22, 2010 1:47 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I believe it was Lotso that said it when they "captured" Buzz...it was a reference to FAO Schwartz. Most of the people in the theatre were teenagers and I'm not sure they understood the line, but I laughed so loud!!!!
"FAO my Schwartz." I laughed hard at that too.

I was kinda disappointed that they revealed Lotso to be the main bad guy so soon in the film. Other than that it was a perfect ending to the franchise.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Tue 22, 2010 2:33 pm

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Tue 22, 2010 5:40 pm

MadEye wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:I believe it was Lotso that said it when they "captured" Buzz...it was a reference to FAO Schwartz. Most of the people in the theatre were teenagers and I'm not sure they understood the line, but I laughed so loud!!!!

I was kinda disappointed that they revealed Lotso to be the main bad guy so soon in the film. Other than that it was a perfect ending to the franchise.
THANK YOU!!!!! I knew it was something like that...I think that will be my new swear-phrase.... :roll: :lol:

EDIT: I just found this article for all you easter egg hunters...

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-t ... -eggs.html

I knew about a few of these only because in following Lee Unrich on Twitter, he revealed some to his followers...especially his one line..."new toys!"

Personally, I am awful at picking these out...have fun! :D

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jun Tue 22, 2010 8:42 pm

The voice actor for Chuckles the clown who told the back story of Lotso is also the voice of the Jackalope from Boundin.

I know it isn't TS3 but the guy from Geri's Game is the guy who cleans/makes woody seem brand new after his arm tears off a second time in TS2.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Tue 22, 2010 8:45 pm

madeye wrote:I know it isn't TS3 but the guy from Geri's Game is the guy who cleans/makes woody seem brand new after his arm tears off a second time in TS2.
Yes! He's the cleaner! Geri's Game is my favorite short...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Tue 22, 2010 9:34 pm

I love the Easter Eggs post since I'm such a fan of spotting out things in Pixar movies.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 22, 2010 10:02 pm

MadEye wrote:

Errrrrrr, have you seen anything officially in print from Disney or Pixar that unequivocally states in definite terms that this film is the final film in this franchise? I haven't. They did leave it open for a TS4.

After all, Douglas Adams stated the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was going to be only a trilogy, and went on to write five books... :wink:

as long as it makes money, the franchise will continue on...