Toy Story 3!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Toy Story 3!

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 21, 2010 12:13 pm

mindflipper wrote:I thought the dump incenerator was a bit too intense for very young children. There were kids crying out loud during that part in the theatre when I saw again on Sunday.
Actually, those weren't kids mindflipper, that was me! haha... I really thought that was how they were going to end it.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 21, 2010 12:33 pm

NaCler wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I thought the dump incenerator was a bit too intense for very young children. There were kids crying out loud during that part in the theatre when I saw again on Sunday.
Actually, those weren't kids mindflipper, that was me! haha... I really thought that was how they were going to end it.
Aw C'mon, NaCler, if they burnt up all the toys...how would we get Toy Story 4?!?!? :shock: :wink: :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 21, 2010 12:52 pm

mindflipper wrote:
NaCler wrote:
Aw C'mon, NaCler, if they burnt up all the toys...how would we get Toy Story 4?!?!? :shock: :wink: :lol:
That was my thought too...

However I did, for one moment believe that it might have ended in a very catastrophic way for our toy friends...but I knew they couldn't do that!

...but that part did make me tear up though

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 21, 2010 1:20 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Aw C'mon, NaCler, if they burnt up all the toys...how would we get Toy Story 4?!?!? :shock: :wink: :lol:

However I did, for one moment believe that it might have ended in a very catastrophic way for our toy friends...but I knew they couldn't do that!

Naw, no tears because of that - can burn up the toys without traumatizing all those little kiddies!!! :shock:

Only part that got a tear out of me was in the end when Andy was giving the toys away to Bonnie. When Andy takes Woody out the box, surprised to find him in the box in the first place, Bonnie reaches out for Woody but Andy quickly retracts Woody close to him. Andy didn't want to give up Woody even after he gave away all the others. I liked this film more than the second because it we really covered more about Andy and his relationship than before.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 21, 2010 1:32 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Aw C'mon, NaCler, if they burnt up all the toys...how would we get Toy Story 4?!?!? :shock: :wink: :lol:

Naw, no tears because of that - can burn up the toys without traumatizing all those little kiddies!!! :shock:

Only part that got a tear out of me was in the end when Andy was giving the toys away to Bonnie. When Andy takes Woody out the box, surprised to find him in the box in the first place, Bonnie reaches out for Woody but Andy quickly retracts Woody close to him. Andy didn't want to give up Woody even after he gave away all the others. I liked this film more than the second because it we really covered more about Andy and his relationship than before.
What made me tear up in the "fire" scene was the way they all bonded together for what seemed like the last time..especially with the Potato Heads. (they remind us of ourselves :) )

The second time I teared up was that part you mentioned mindflipper. That was such an amazing moment!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Anyone think they will even attempt a TS4 or do you think that was it? My money would be that was it. It's hard to get actors to keep coming back for sequels, even if they are only voice-overs. Plus, they would start from the beginning again, since they have a new owner.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 21, 2010 1:53 pm

I would like to think that's going to be the end of it...BUT we all know how that goes...:roll:

Remember when they tried to do a separate Buzz Lightyear thing? Has anyone seen the Cars shorts on the Disney Channel?

I wouldn't be surprised if they start a shorts series or something like that where it doesn't require as much of a commitment from the actors. (for any Disney suits that might be reading this...please don't do this! :shock: Let the Toy Story trilogy end this way :D)

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Yeah, Patrick Warburton voiced Buzz on the cartoon show and wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same. I believe that was canceled. I like the Cars shorts on the DC and I think they have the original voices on those.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 21, 2010 2:13 pm

NaCler wrote:Yeah, Patrick Warburton voiced Buzz on the cartoon show and wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same. I believe that was canceled. I like the Cars shorts on the DC and I think they have the original voices on those.
I love Patrick Warburton, and I thought he pulled it off ok, but I agree...the show wasn't the same.

I too like the Cars shorts (El Materdoro was on this morning :lol: ), but I don't want to see them start doing these for every movie series.
I understand that if the demand is out there, it can't be ignored. That's why we end up with the spin-off shows....and I'd rather see TS shorts with the original cast than a whole show with totally different actors...but I hope they can leave the movies as is.

(on a side note, it will be interesting to see what Cars 2 will be like)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 21, 2010 2:28 pm

NaCler wrote:Anyone think they will even attempt a TS4 or do you think that was it? My money would be that was it. It's hard to get actors to keep coming back for sequels, even if they are only voice-overs. Plus, they would start from the beginning again, since they have a new owner.
Remember, the voices are all recorded separately and can be done about any time. The problem comes with the health of the actors. Jim Varney died and was replaced by another comedian who imitated his character's voice perfectly. Both Estelle Harris and Don Rickles (the potato heads) are probably eldest members of the cast, so there's a potential problem that health problems can prevent them from returning.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 21, 2010 2:51 pm

I had watched it last night and it was well worth the eleven year wait. I teared up at a good number of parts, starting with learning that Bo Peep was sold and Woody was without her. I had a lot of laughs as well especially when Buzz went into Spanish mode. I hope to see it again since I saw it in 2D and that's good enough for me since 3D is the bane of my existence.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 21, 2010 2:57 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I had watched it last night and it was well worth the eleven year wait. I teared up at a good number of parts, starting with learning that Bo Peep was sold and Woody was without her. I had a lot of laughs as well especially when Buzz went into Spanish mode. I hope to see it again since I saw it in 2D and that's good enough for me since 3D is the bane of my existence.
Sorry, elizabethswann, but it looks like 3D is here and to stay...more and more films are coming out in 3D! :(

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 21, 2010 2:59 pm

I refuse to see anything in 3D now. The glasses take away most of the color in the film and it makes it all look less vibrant. :(

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 21, 2010 3:33 pm

It was cool to see in 3D, but I think it would be just as good in 2D.

Buzz in spanish mode and Jessie's reaction was hilarious! Especially at the end...

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 21, 2010 3:35 pm

The part that got us and the theater laughing hard was Mr. Tortilla Head.... then I guess Mr. Cucumber Head... I thought he stole the show in this one.