Toy Story 3!

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Re: Toy Story 3!

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Sep Sun 05, 2010 3:27 am

I wouldn't be all that surprised if they did do a 4th movie. It may not be likely, but give it 5-7 years, and they may well do another one. Nothing much surprises me anymore. If they could do it right, and Allen and Hanks and co. came back, I'd be for it.

I just saw TS3 for the second time about a week and a half ago. First time I saw it was right after it came out. It is definitely a dark and sad film in a lot of ways. It was easier to take the second time around, though. The first time I saw it, I was a bit of a bundle of nerves... I'd avoided all spoilers except for what was in the trailers, but right before it came out, I read some reviews that hinted at some rather ominous things. Makes sense in hindsight what they were referring to, but at the time, I had no idea. So I was concerned how exactly they were going to end it. The second time around, I could actually enjoy watching it.

I think the first movie will always be my favorite, though.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Sun 05, 2010 3:44 am

To be honest, I would much rather they keep it only at three. Three was pretty much the end of the tale for Andy and his toys. Andy grew up, gave the toys away to someone who will take good care of them, and moved on. But I agree with what you said, though; if they can do it right and the cast would come back, I'd be up for watching it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 05, 2010 8:22 am

elizabethswann wrote:To be honest, I would much rather they keep it only at three. Three was pretty much the end of the tale for Andy and his toys. Andy grew up, gave the toys away to someone who will take good care of them, and moved on. But I agree with what you said, though; if they can do it right and the cast would come back, I'd be up for watching it.
WHAT?! Andy grew up and gave his toys away?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Just kidding, although I haven't seen the movie yet, I have heard countless times over from my piano students what happened. :mrgreen:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Sun 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:To be honest, I would much rather they keep it only at three. Three was pretty much the end of the tale for Andy and his toys. Andy grew up, gave the toys away to someone who will take good care of them, and moved on. But I agree with what you said, though; if they can do it right and the cast would come back, I'd be up for watching it.
WHAT?! Andy grew up and gave his toys away?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Just kidding, although I haven't seen the movie yet, I have heard countless times over from my piano students what happened. :mrgreen:
I hope you get a chance to see it soon! It was a wonderful film.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sun 05, 2010 7:52 pm

The thing I was thinking is that you can wait about three years for when Andy comes home from college and goes to check up on his toys. There could be something there for the fourth movie :)
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Mon 06, 2010 12:02 am

Len90 wrote:The thing I was thinking is that you can wait about three years for when Andy comes home from college and goes to check up on his toys. There could be something there for the fourth movie :)
Andy's story is over now. They have a new owner now. I still like the original plot for TS3 (the toy recall of the Buzz Lightyear line) - maybe they could recycle it into TS4?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Mon 06, 2010 12:18 am

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:The thing I was thinking is that you can wait about three years for when Andy comes home from college and goes to check up on his toys. There could be something there for the fourth movie :)
Andy's story is over now. They have a new owner now. I still like the original plot for TS3 (the toy recall of the Buzz Lightyear line) - maybe they could recycle it into TS4?
That might work. I would love to see at least maybe short cartoons involving the toys and the new owner, almost like the shorts we see before a Pixar film.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Mon 06, 2010 10:18 pm

mindflipper wrote:
I agree that the Andy story is over. However, I do think they can have him make a cameo in a 4th movie.

As for the Buzz recall, that would be a really cool plot and I hope they try it out.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Mon 06, 2010 10:18 pm

mindflipper wrote:
I agree that the Andy story is over. However, I do think they can have him make a cameo in a 4th movie.

As for the Buzz recall, that would be a really cool plot and I hope they try it out.
- Len90

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Sep Tue 07, 2010 12:39 am

elizabethswann wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
That might work. I would love to see at least maybe short cartoons involving the toys and the new owner, almost like the shorts we see before a Pixar film.
A TS short will be in front of Cars 2 when it comes out. I don't think they've hinted at the storyline yet, though. They announced it right after the movie came out. I like Pixar's original shorts, but it will be fun to see what they do with a TS version!