Prince of Persia

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Prince of Persia

Post by Josh Q » May Fri 21, 2010 9:11 am

I didn't see a thread on this so I made one!

I'm actually very interested in this film now. When the trailer first came out I was like um....no! But now I really want to see it. Actually might go out to the El Capitan in Hollywood and see it there.

Is anyone else excited to see this film? (Basically POTC in the desert)
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Prince of Persia

Post by mindflipper » May Fri 21, 2010 9:46 am

For me, the jury's out...is it more like POTC1 or POTC3? POTC1 was good, but POTC3 was all special-effects, no story, and very disappointing. I gonna wait for some reviews first...

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » May Fri 21, 2010 12:12 pm

mindflipper wrote:For me, the jury's out...is it more like POTC1 or POTC3? POTC1 was good, but POTC3 was all special-effects, no story, and very disappointing. I gonna wait for some reviews first...
Ya I totally agree about POTC. I Love #2 #1 was ok and #3 was blah. I really want to take my Fiancée to the El Capitan she's never been and she really likes the video game Prince of Persia, so I hope the movie doesn't disappoint.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 21, 2010 12:30 pm

My friend's son, who just turned 7, is all about the Lego sets from the Prince of Persia so I'm guessing I will be taking him when it hits the cheap theater! I've only seen the first and half of the second movies so I imagine I might be a bit lost on the storyline?!

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » May Fri 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Amy wrote:My friend's son, who just turned 7, is all about the Lego sets from the Prince of Persia so I'm guessing I will be taking him when it hits the cheap theater! I've only seen the first and half of the second movies so I imagine I might be a bit lost on the storyline?!
Prince of Persia has nothing to do with POTC so you'll be totally good. It's just the same producer and same style of movie. :)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » May Fri 21, 2010 5:52 pm

I think this film looks pretty good. DH and I want to check it out!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 21, 2010 11:47 pm

Josh Q wrote:
Amy wrote:My friend's son, who just turned 7, is all about the Lego sets from the Prince of Persia so I'm guessing I will be taking him when it hits the cheap theater! I've only seen the first and half of the second movies so I imagine I might be a bit lost on the storyline?!
Prince of Persia has nothing to do with POTC so you'll be totally good. It's just the same producer and same style of movie. :)
Oh! He looked confused when I mentioned POTC tonight but he said the Prince of Persia movie is coming out at the end of the month...so, guess I am still on the hook for that movie, but I won't be lost about what happened in the other POTC movies...well, anymore than I obviously already am :roll: :oops: :lol:
Last edited by Amy on May Sat 22, 2010 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Sat 22, 2010 2:49 am

I'm the total opposite. I judge by trailers, not reviews. I may check it out since I've got a soft spot for Gemma Arterton.

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » May Sat 22, 2010 12:30 pm

It's currently 56% over at Rotten Tomatoes, so I might go see it in the theater. I might not have a choice if my aunt wants to go. :lol:

I love how people are always divided about the PotC movies no matter where I go. I actually like the 3rd one and don't particularly like the 2nd. <.<

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 22, 2010 2:03 pm

True, Arete, people are mixed on POTC2 and POTC3 as far as "liked" vs. "disliked", but I think nearly everyone agrees that POTC1 is in the "liked" category.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Sat 22, 2010 3:02 pm

mindflipper wrote:True, Arete, people are mixed on POTC2 and POTC3 as far as "liked" vs. "disliked", but I think nearly everyone agrees that POTC1 is in the "liked" category.
Agreed with that.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » May Sun 23, 2010 11:20 am

Judging by the trailer it looks pretty good. I like disney action films b/c they aren't too gory or scary (I'm a wimp I know!) so I'll probably see this one.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » May Mon 24, 2010 12:56 pm

mindflipper wrote:True, Arete, people are mixed on POTC2 and POTC3 as far as "liked" vs. "disliked", but I think nearly everyone agrees that POTC1 is in the "liked" category.
100% agreed!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Thu 27, 2010 8:16 pm

When we first saw the preview for this movie at the D23 Expo, I wasn't interested, but hubby was. I'm like several people here in that I want a good story...effects are cool, but they're nothing without a story. I thought that this movie would be just that...all effects and no story. As the premier of the movie gets closer, and more is revealved, I'm starting to change my mind about it. It might be a descent movie. We'll see...but I'm not in any kind of hurry to see it though.

...now Toy Story 3 is a whole other story!!!!

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » May Fri 28, 2010 9:21 am

MmeLeota wrote:When we first saw the preview for this movie at the D23 Expo, I wasn't interested, but hubby was. I'm like several people here in that I want a good story...effects are cool, but they're nothing without a story. I thought that this movie would be just that...all effects and no story. As the premier of the movie gets closer, and more is revealved, I'm starting to change my mind about it. It might be a descent movie. We'll see...but I'm not in any kind of hurry to see it though.

...now Toy Story 3 is a whole other story!!!!

Agreed! I'm a filmmaker and writer as well as other things lol but story and character are the most important! One of the phrases I've heard is Script is King and it's stuck!
TS3 Looks awesome!