Prince of Persia

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Re: Prince of Persia

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jun Tue 08, 2010 12:42 pm

My son and I went to see PoP and we totally enjoyed it. But I like no brainers and just pure entertainment at the movies. Got a free small popcorn on that day cause of my Regal points..SCORE!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Tue 08, 2010 2:58 pm

disneydreamer58 wrote:My son and I went to see PoP and we totally enjoyed it. But I like no brainers and just pure entertainment at the movies. Got a free small popcorn on that day cause of my Regal points..SCORE!
I should have used my free movie ticket from Regal to see this but I think it expired, ha.

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Thu 19, 2010 2:35 pm

I just saw it this past weekend. Its was entertaining but I wont see it again. Jake looked really good in the movie but his fighting was way too unrealistic

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 10, 2010 11:32 am

B-dude and I rented this one through Red Box, we both actually really liked it!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 10, 2010 4:22 pm

It wasn't a bad movie, the only real issue was that they didn't have the same timeframe to tell the whole story as with the first game of the sands of time series.

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 11, 2010 8:59 am

I finally saw POP and it was pretty good. A lot better than my first impression from the trailer. Not sure if I'd buy it but I'll definitely go see a sequel if it happens.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 11, 2010 9:11 am

Funny thing is, the topic has lasted on subsonic longer than the movie did in the theaters... :wink: :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Mon 11, 2010 9:50 am

mindflipper wrote:Funny thing is, the topic has lasted on subsonic longer than the movie did in the theaters... :wink: :lol:
:lol: I was surprised this one was out on video so soon, but they all seem to do that now!

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 11, 2010 11:39 am

boilerbabe wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Funny thing is, the topic has lasted on subsonic longer than the movie did in the theaters... :wink: :lol:
:lol: I was surprised this one was out on video so soon, but they all seem to do that now!
Lol that is funny.

Your going to start seeing films going from the theater to Home A Lot quicker than normal. One big reason is that the studios don't have to pay for 2 ad campaigns for the film.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 11, 2010 1:27 pm

The other is that the dvd's are being "pressed" while it's still in theaters. A friend of mine goes to Asia and Mexico a lot and he comes back with various discs for movies still in theaters. They use to be screeners or stuff captured in the theater but now it's the final product you buy in stores.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 11, 2010 2:23 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:The other is that the dvd's are being "pressed" while it's still in theaters. A friend of mine goes to Asia and Mexico a lot and he comes back with various discs for movies still in theaters. They use to be screeners or stuff captured in the theater but now it's the final product you buy in stores.
Ya exactly. Studios are losing money if the film is not available for home quicker. This is also why Harry Potter will be available for home viewing at the same time it comes out in theaters (at least that was the plan)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Josh Q wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:The other is that the dvd's are being "pressed" while it's still in theaters. A friend of mine goes to Asia and Mexico a lot and he comes back with various discs for movies still in theaters. They use to be screeners or stuff captured in the theater but now it's the final product you buy in stores.
Ya exactly. Studios are losing money if the film is not available for home quicker. This is also why Harry Potter will be available for home viewing at the same time it comes out in theaters (at least that was the plan)
If HP came out on DVD the same time as it was released in the theatre - who would go see in the theatre???

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Mon 11, 2010 3:28 pm

People who want to see it on a larger format screen I guess. Avatar and I think one of the twilight movies both have been on the screen at first run theaters at the same time the DVD is released (they may have brought back the movies for a special re-showing though)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 11, 2010 9:06 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Josh Q wrote:
If HP came out on DVD the same time as it was released in the theatre - who would go see in the theatre???
Hmmm, sticky seats and floors, overpriced snacks, crying children, people coughing and sneezing vs. home, comfy couch, paid for snacks, no children, pause for bathroom breaks. Guess I wouldn't have to think too hard about what I would choose! If you watch a DVD twice, you pretty much have covered the movie ticket cost right there!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 12:00 am

Heck, you don't even need to buy the dvd anymore with services like netflix or VOD services. Even the most ghetto theater costs more than them.