Prince of Persia

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: Prince of Persia

Post by Josh Q » Oct Tue 12, 2010 9:36 am

mindflipper wrote:
Josh Q wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:The other is that the dvd's are being "pressed" while it's still in theaters. A friend of mine goes to Asia and Mexico a lot and he comes back with various discs for movies still in theaters. They use to be screeners or stuff captured in the theater but now it's the final product you buy in stores.
Ya exactly. Studios are losing money if the film is not available for home quicker. This is also why Harry Potter will be available for home viewing at the same time it comes out in theaters (at least that was the plan)
If HP came out on DVD the same time as it was released in the theatre - who would go see in the theatre???
It's not coming out on DVD at the same time as in the theater. Your going to be able to stream it to your Home Theater system for last I heard I think it was somewhere between $50 and $150 bucks.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Oh is it for the networked bluray players? Even at that price I probably would still rather watch it at home than go to the theater. People will probably have parties like they did/do have for high priced PPV events where everyone chips in to cover the cost.

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Oct Tue 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Oh is it for the networked bluray players? Even at that price I probably would still rather watch it at home than go to the theater. People will probably have parties like they did/do have for high priced PPV events where everyone chips in to cover the cost.
Not sure how the media will actually be viewed, but what you said is exactly what the studios want to hear!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Movie theaters are probably going through the same problem that many TV broadcasters are going through, mainly stagnating service with new options opening up. Not sure about the rest of the nation but to go to a movie here during the day costs over $10.00 for the ticket alone.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Movie theaters are probably going through the same problem that many TV broadcasters are going through, mainly stagnating service with new options opening up. Not sure about the rest of the nation but to go to a movie here during the day costs over $10.00 for the ticket alone.
It's $5 here, but it's still expensive.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 5:27 pm

For first run? Dang that is cheap. The local chain, Edwards, went all crazy with building movie theaters in the early-mid 90's and ended up spreading itself so thin that they bankrupted themselves in 2000 (the worst being that they had 2 theaters in competition with one another in the same shopping center while in competition with another theater across the street). When it was so saturated a matinee ticket was cheap so you could go all summer with your friends. When regal took over they did away with a lot of the theaters so they could raise the prices without improving service.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 7:48 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:For first run? Dang that is cheap. The local chain, Edwards, went all crazy with building movie theaters in the early-mid 90's and ended up spreading itself so thin that they bankrupted themselves in 2000 (the worst being that they had 2 theaters in competition with one another in the same shopping center while in competition with another theater across the street). When it was so saturated a matinee ticket was cheap so you could go all summer with your friends. When regal took over they did away with a lot of the theaters so they could raise the prices without improving service.

Super saver matinee!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 12, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm trying to remember if they even have children's tickets anymore at the local theaters. I do recall that as a means of generating concession revanue they started having "Free Family movie" showings on weekdays during the summer, but other than that you won't find any deals here.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Wed 13, 2010 9:52 am

I think we have a theatre here that does $5 during the day, but I think the matinee ends somewhere between 1 PM and 3 PM.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Wed 13, 2010 10:37 am

mindflipper wrote:I think we have a theatre here that does $5 during the day, but I think the matinee ends somewhere between 1 PM and 3 PM.

Same here,last one is before 3PM.