License plates and other car embellishments

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: License plates and other car embellishments

Post by Thumper1 » Jun Fri 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:I've got Cinderella's castle on my antenna and my disney family decals on my car,my husband has Jack Skellington on his antenna and I'm trying to get him to get a decal of Mickey for his car so we always have a little Disney everywhere we go.I saw a personalised plate the other day with WLT DSNY on it.LOVED it!!
Nice! I don't remember seeing the Cinderella castle topper before :D
The castle is my favorite thing at Disney,so I had to get it .Found it last year at the Emporium!! I call the castle MY castle instead of Cinderella's Castle. I even told Cinderella when my Daughter met her last year I wanted to live in it!! :D

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Mon 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks Amy for telling me of this thread. I don't have anything yet. On our last car we had the MGM Mickey hat antenna topper and the Four Parks One World bumper sticker. On our present car we don't have anything Disney yet. I wanted SIMBA1 on my plates, but it's taken, ugh! Here are the only possibilities that are available...."S1MBAI" or "SIMBAI" or "SIMB1". Any suggestions?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 27, 2012 6:56 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:Thanks Amy for telling me of this thread. I don't have anything yet. On our last car we had the MGM Mickey hat antenna topper and the Four Parks One World bumper sticker. On our present car we don't have anything Disney yet. I wanted SIMBA1 on my plates, but it's taken, ugh! Here are the only possibilities that are available...."S1MBAI" or "SIMBAI" or "SIMB1". Any suggestions?
Hmmm, none of those read quite right...I suppose the S1MBAI would be the closest. I'm surprised they would let you have one that similar to the other SIMBA1 though...Have you tried looking at other plate designs and seeing if that makes a difference in the SIMBA1 being unavailable? In our state, some of the plate designs don't allow as many characters so it might show unavailable but if you try a different plate design (background) it is available...just a thought.

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Thu 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:Thanks Amy for telling me of this thread. I don't have anything yet. On our last car we had the MGM Mickey hat antenna topper and the Four Parks One World bumper sticker. On our present car we don't have anything Disney yet. I wanted SIMBA1 on my plates, but it's taken, ugh! Here are the only possibilities that are available...."S1MBAI" or "SIMBAI" or "SIMB1". Any suggestions?
Hmmm, none of those read quite right...I suppose the S1MBAI would be the closest. I'm surprised they would let you have one that similar to the other SIMBA1 though...Have you tried looking at other plate designs and seeing if that makes a difference in the SIMBA1 being unavailable? In our state, some of the plate designs don't allow as many characters so it might show unavailable but if you try a different plate design (background) it is available...just a thought.
Yeah I know what you mean about not reading right. Yeah I didn't try other plates just the type we have which is Choose Life so I wouldn't want to change plates just for the Simba1 obsession :D

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Thu 30, 2012 6:35 pm

No Plate... But have a Antenna topper for every holiday :mickey: :D :goofy:

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Thu 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Goofyfan wrote:No Plate... But have a Antenna topper for every holiday :mickey: :D :goofy:
I was like man I so want these but then I remembered that we don't have antenna on our car, ugh! I still would like to know which ones you have for the different seasons. That's a really cool idea. I think I'm gonna buy the bumper sticker I saw on eBay that states "my other car is a monorail" :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 30, 2012 9:42 pm

Goofyfan wrote:No Plate... But have a Antenna topper for every holiday :mickey: :D :goofy:
That's pretty awesome! F1gment has 3 antenna toppers now, but they ride inside her car. I sort of encouraged that after I spent some time looking in the woods down the road when a tree reached out and gobbled up her first topper :shock: I found it, but it took a while...

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Sat 01, 2012 11:34 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
I was like man I so want these but then I remembered that we don't have antenna on our car, ugh! I still would like to know which ones you have for the different seasons. That's a really cool idea. I think I'm gonna buy the bumper sticker I saw on eBay that states "my other car is a monorail" :mickey:
the monorail white line decal? i have that on my car right now... placed in feb '11, and it is cracking up now :sigh: guess it is time to go back Home to get another...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 02, 2012 8:56 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
the monorail white line decal? i have that on my car right now... placed in feb '11, and it is cracking up now :sigh: guess it is time to go back Home to get another...
Nice reason to go back for a trip...but it only lasted one year? That doesn't seem like it was a very high quality decal :(

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Sun 02, 2012 12:50 pm

18 months in the georgia heat? i think it was a VERY high quality decal. the glass on my van in 90 degree temps register 135+ with an infrared thermometer... factory tint.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 02, 2012 1:14 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:18 months in the georgia heat? i think it was a VERY high quality decal. the glass on my van in 90 degree temps register 135+ with an infrared thermometer... factory tint.
Oh! Guess the winter temps in Michigan offset the outrageous summer temps here. I've had a princess decal on my vehicle for at least 3 years and it still looks brand new. Of course I put it on the inside too because princesses shouldn't have to be outside in the heat or cold ;) :lol:

dstrawn9889

Post by dstrawn9889 » Sep Sun 02, 2012 4:14 pm

that decal was meant for the outside of the glass [which side they put the adhesive], and anyways the tint on the glass of my montana makes things stuck to the inside unreadable outside...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 02, 2012 7:02 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:that decal was meant for the outside of the glass [which side they put the adhesive], and anyways the tint on the glass of my montana makes things stuck to the inside unreadable outside...
Ahhhh. My princess was meant for the outside as well, but she didn't have any writing which allowed me to put it on the inside. My tint isn't so dark as yours I guess. It is quite visible in my rearview mirror though since it is on the inside which makes me smile :D

mjmcsl4me

Post by mjmcsl4me » Sep Sun 02, 2012 9:07 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
Yes I believe that's the same one. I did go ahead and ordered it off eBay! So excited!!! This will be our first Disney item for our car!

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Wyntuck » Sep Mon 17, 2012 10:47 pm

one of my friends who played mickey had a florida vanity plate "Mic n Min"
No kidding!
"