License plates and other car embellishments

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re:

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Mon 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:I love the Mickey heads that you put on the antenna! I've probably had two or three of the pink Minnie heads with a tiara on it because they get icky after a few years. :lol:
I had to come back here and update because I miss my antenna topper. :( I got hired as a teacher at a religious school this school year and I knew it had to go because someone might get upset and it just didn't seem very "professional" (and in a school with 5 teachers - it would stand out). I'm still trying to think of something more discrete I can put inside. The only thing I've come up with is just putting it on the antenna in the summer. :(
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Re:

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 08, 2011 6:46 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:I love the Mickey heads that you put on the antenna! I've probably had two or three of the pink Minnie heads with a tiara on it because they get icky after a few years. :lol:
I had to come back here and update because I miss my antenna topper. :( I got hired as a teacher at a religious school this school year and I knew it had to go because someone might get upset and it just didn't seem very "professional" (and in a school with 5 teachers - it would stand out). I'm still trying to think of something more discrete I can put inside. The only thing I've come up with is just putting it on the antenna in the summer. :(
Wow ~ you must be at a very strict school :shock: Maybe you could get one of the Disney decals instead? Or find a nice little vinylmation you like and put it in one of your cupholders?!

Polynesian Princess

Re: License plates and other car embellishments

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 08, 2011 9:11 am

Well they didn't tell me I had to get rid of it, it just seemed like the best thing to do. I know a lot of people here including teachers and the pastor really love Disney World, but you never know about the parents, you know? I like the vinylmation or something else in the cup holder idea, but I don't have cup holders. :lol: Maybe I can find a way to put it in there.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 08, 2011 11:18 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:Well they didn't tell me I had to get rid of it, it just seemed like the best thing to do. I know a lot of people here including teachers and the pastor really love Disney World, but you never know about the parents, you know? I like the vinylmation or something else in the cup holder idea, but I don't have cup holders. :lol: Maybe I can find a way to put it in there.
You don't have cupholders?! :shock: What are you driving? A bicycle?! :lol: Wait a minute, even on my bikes I have one or two bottle cages. No cupholders?!?! Really?!?!? :shock:

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Tue 08, 2011 12:03 pm

We are hoping to get DW a new car sometime this year. We currently have the "Support Adoption" tags here in Alabama and will want to keep those. They allow for up to 5 characters and here is what I just found is available...

D1SNY

So...anyone here who lives in Alabama...I am calling dibs on this...and we will hopefully have it on a new car later this year...and I'll post pics then too!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Amy wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:Well they didn't tell me I had to get rid of it, it just seemed like the best thing to do. I know a lot of people here including teachers and the pastor really love Disney World, but you never know about the parents, you know? I like the vinylmation or something else in the cup holder idea, but I don't have cup holders. :lol: Maybe I can find a way to put it in there.
You don't have cupholders?! :shock: What are you driving? A bicycle?! :lol: Wait a minute, even on my bikes I have one or two bottle cages. No cupholders?!?! Really?!?!? :shock:
It's a 92 Saturn. I guess I wasn't completely honest - it does have "cupholders", but they are on the inside lid of the glove compartment door, so you have to leave it open to use them. Not that you'd want to use them because they're only about an eighth of an inch deep, so you can imagine how well they work. :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 08, 2011 1:46 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:We are hoping to get DW a new car sometime this year. We currently have the "Support Adoption" tags here in Alabama and will want to keep those. They allow for up to 5 characters and here is what I just found is available...
D1SNY
So...anyone here who lives in Alabama...I am calling dibs on this...and we will hopefully have it on a new car later this year...and I'll post pics then too!
Can't you go ahead and get those plates for your current car? And then get another Disney plate when you get your DW a new car? You have to act fast!
Polynesian Princess wrote:
Amy wrote:
It's a 92 Saturn. I guess I wasn't completely honest - it does have "cupholders", but they are on the inside lid of the glove compartment door, so you have to leave it open to use them. Not that you'd want to use them because they're only about an eighth of an inch deep, so you can imagine how well they work. :lol:
Oh ~ yeah, those don't sound like very good cupholders at all :roll: Hmmm, there has to be a good spot for your new VM :lol:

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Tue 08, 2011 2:41 pm

There is a little opening by the gear shifter that might work, I'm just not positive how big it is and how big the VM is lol

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Tue 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Amy wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:We are hoping to get DW a new car sometime this year. We currently have the "Support Adoption" tags here in Alabama and will want to keep those. They allow for up to 5 characters and here is what I just found is available...
D1SNY
Can't you go ahead and get those plates for your current car? And then get another Disney plate when you get your DW a new car? You have to act fast!
Well...we just renewed our tags...so we'd have to dish out another $75 or so to change them...then pay again when we get DW a new car. The DMV is going to nickel and dime you every chance they get. If there is some way to reserve it though...I will do that!

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 08, 2011 9:22 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:
Amy wrote:Can't you go ahead and get those plates for your current car? And then get another Disney plate when you get your DW a new car? You have to act fast!
Well...we just renewed our tags...so we'd have to dish out another $75 or so to change them...then pay again when we get DW a new car. The DMV is going to nickel and dime you every chance they get. If there is some way to reserve it though...I will do that!
That is too bad :(
I guess I was just lucky as Michigan prorates the license plate fee per month left on your tags. I was going to wait to get our personalized plates until it was time to renew but drove right over to the license bureau when I checked on the fee. And then drove back the next day when it was actually open :roll: :lol:
Of course it helps that it only costs $15/year for a personalized plate here. Special interest plates cost about $25 I think...maybe y'all need to move to a more car friendly state! :lol: Never mind, the uninsured fee that gets tacked on to our insurance here probably negates the cheaper plates :roll:

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Feb Wed 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Up here, the standard license plates start with three letters. I was really hoping TOT (or DHS, HBD, or PTC or ...) would come up when we were getting our plates, but no such luck.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Feb Wed 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Im up for registration this month. I have up to 7 characters to choose from for my tag. I cant think of what to do though. :?:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 09, 2011 2:30 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:Im up for registration this month. I have up to 7 characters to choose from for my tag. I cant think of what to do though. :?:
We can have 7 characters too which makes for a lot of variations. I actually did a google search for vanity plates, and then started brainstorming on paper. It helped that I had a few days to do this at school while administering standardized testing. No reading or computers allowed, but I could do whatever I wanted with a pad of paper and a writing utensil ;)
I'll see if I can find the old list somewhere and get you a link or some ideas. Depending on your state, then you can go to the DMV website and enter possibilities and the site will let you know if the plate is taken, not possible or available!

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Feb Wed 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Depending on your state, then you can go to the DMV website and enter possibilities and the site will let you know if the plate is taken, not possible or available!
I can do that, I have spent quite a bit of time checking ideas. We have a lot of plate variations in Maine like agriculture, loon, lobster, etc. so technically 4 to 6 people in the state can have the same characters on the tag. Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it there are very few Disney fans in Maine it seems, so a lot of the good ones are available.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 09, 2011 2:54 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:
Depending on your state, then you can go to the DMV website and enter possibilities and the site will let you know if the plate is taken, not possible or available!
I can do that, I have spent quite a bit of time checking ideas. We have a lot of plate variations in Maine like agriculture, loon, lobster, etc. so technically 4 to 6 people in the state can have the same characters on the tag. Fortunately or unfortunately depending how you look at it there are very few Disney fans in Maine it seems, so a lot of the good ones are available.
I'd take that as a good sign ~ more for you to choose from! I'm surprised they let people have the same characters on different plates. I don't think they let you do that here :shock: