License plates and other car embellishments

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Tue 20, 2010 9:40 am

Yes Amy, it's Keep Moving Forward. It's a running theme throughout Meet the Robinsons...and is based on a Walt Disney quote: "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths".

That's a bummer Len! How cool it would have been to have a WDW license plate without extra cost!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Ok, this is a bit off topic but I thought it was funny...and I was in my DIZNEE plated car so that counts right? Anyhow...
I saw a truck in my rearview mirror while I was sitting at a stoplight yesterday. In Michigan and Indiana, you only have to have rear plates, so a lot of times people have fun things on their front plate. This truck had a personalized plate on the front. I'm looking in my mirror and all I can see is DR KING. I thought, oh, that's nice, they have a plate for Dr. Martin Luther King, different, but nice. Next stoplight, I see more writing on the bottom - Harley Davidson...Hmmm, I was wondering what MLK and Harley had in common...thinking....thinking....next stoplight, look again...yup, read that right, Harley Davidson....perplexed, I kept driving and puzzling over that one. Finally, at the next light, a different light comes on :idea: ding! right over my head, I was reading the RD as DR in my mirror so it really read RD KING for Harley - that made so much more sense, boy did I feel :oops:
Last edited by Amy on Apr Thu 22, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 22, 2010 1:34 pm

:lol: That sounds like something I would have done... :oops:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Thu 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Amy had a senior moment at such a young age or was it a blond moment?

There is a jeep type truck I see all the time here in Chattanooga that has a custom tag that reads "Iwanna". The first time I saw it a couldn't stop laughing and my DW looks and wants to know what's so funny. She started laughing also when I said read the tag on the Hummer!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Amy had a senior moment at such a young age or was it a blond moment?

There is a jeep type truck I see all the time here in Chattanooga that has a custom tag that reads "Iwanna". The first time I saw it a couldn't stop laughing and my DW looks and wants to know what's so funny. She started laughing also when I said read the tag on the Hummer!!
Iwanna be younger and I used to be blond after I spent a few months in Africa and Australia ~ so probably a bit of both Jacca :wink:
That Hummer plate is a good one! :lol:

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Apr Sun 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Amy wrote:Make sure you face them so they can see where you are going! You don't want any tiny topper puke on your dashboard :wink:
That's a neat idea...I always wondered why my car had something splattered all over it...I had the topper facing backwards on the antenne! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 25, 2010 10:14 pm

imaginationcelebration wrote:
Amy wrote:Make sure you face them so they can see where you are going! You don't want any tiny topper puke on your dashboard :wink:
That's a neat idea...I always wondered why my car had something splattered all over it...I had the topper facing backwards on the antenne! :D
Voila ~ problem solved :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Tue 04, 2010 5:54 pm

I have one of those antenna toppers! It's a Mickey head with graduation-hat ears with "08" on it. Got it when I graduated high school. Did have a bumper sticker too but it got faded in the sun.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: License plates and other car embellishments

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 18, 2010 8:29 pm

The car parked next to me at Sam's Club today had a Mickey antennae topper with sparkley silver ears. They were loading up their trunk when I was backing out so I rolled down my window and told them I liked their topper. They replied that they loved my "DIZNEE" plate! Ahh, another fine Disney exchange :D

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Sat 18, 2010 11:52 pm

I always like it when I see people drive by with various Disney antennae toppers. The last one I remember seeing was a pirate Mickey. I did see a license plate a loooong time ago that said CPNJACK or something of the like. I know it was Jack Sparrow related.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Sep Sun 19, 2010 12:27 am

I just recently put the Mickey Mouse window decal on my car. I also drilled out the hole on an antenna topper so it could fit over the nub antenna on mom's car. I'll have pictures up in a bit. I just have to dig through to find them.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 04, 2010 2:26 pm

I recently saw a license plate that said "CREWELA"

I literally laughed out loud!!!! :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Mon 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Mouseoholic and I both have D23 stickers on the back windows of our vehicles. I keep hoping a fellow Dis-freak will greet us because of it, but no has ever said anything.... except a few poor unenlightened souls who ask what it means. :roll: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 04, 2010 6:45 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I recently saw a license plate that said "CREWELA"
I literally laughed out loud!!!! :lol:
That's a good one. I had a Mom and daughter (or so it seemed) behind me today. The bridge is under construction so traffic limps along and I can see them looking at my plate and then smiling and talking about it. That always makes me smile when I see others enjoying my Disney plate :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 08, 2010 7:49 pm

I passed a big honkin' black vehicle pulled off the side of the road today. As I was going by I noticed a very nice Mickey Mouse silhouette, just the 3 circles making up his head and ears, on the back. It looked very nice :D