License plates and other car embellishments

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Mar Mon 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Polynesian Princess wrote:It really surprises me how many people have trouble with their Mickey antennas getting stolen! I've had one since probably 2002 and have never had one stolen.
:shock: Why would someone steel an antenna top?! LOL wow.
Last edited by MetalRage on Mar Tue 02, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Tue 02, 2010 11:00 am

I only have Purdue plates on my cars (I know that will surprise many) :) Years back when I owned my Jetta, I had Mickey ears on the antenna and they were stolen! I felt so violated! I allow no stickers of any kind on my Mustang (just wouldn't be right) and on my everyday car, my Sante Fe, at Christmas time, I put the Mickey antenna topper that's like an ornament. It has a loop on the top, so I'm able to loop a rubber band through there and hang it on my rear view mirror! This way, no way can steal it! :D

Mamabaminjamin
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Mar Tue 02, 2010 11:09 am

[quote="Amy"]My car sports "DIZNEE" and I got my Mom "F1GMENT" It is only $15 extra per year in Michigan for personalized plates. Well worth it since it makes me smile every time I see them.
quote]

Where in MI I think I have seen your moms plate.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Tue 02, 2010 11:19 am

boilerbabe wrote:I only have Purdue plates on my cars (I know that will surprise many) :) Years back when I owned my Jetta, I had Mickey ears on the antenna and they were stolen! I felt so violated! I allow no stickers of any kind on my Mustang (just wouldn't be right) and on my everyday car, my Sante Fe, at Christmas time, I put the Mickey antenna topper that's like an ornament. It has a loop on the top, so I'm able to loop a rubber band through there and hang it on my rear view mirror! This way, no way can steal it! :D
I personally think the Mustang could use a little bit of the mouse in it :D

It is terrible that people have started to steal the Mickey antenna topper. I feel bad for everybody who has lost their ears.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

imaginationcelebration
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Location: Somewhere in a galaxy far, far, away from someplace else

Post by imaginationcelebration » Mar Tue 02, 2010 6:53 pm

I had a mouse topper that I loved, but then I bought a Subaru. I didn't even notice that it had no antenna until I tried to transfer the mouse topper. I was actually sad....now I'll have to get a plate frame or something the next time I go.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Tue 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Amy wrote:MICKEMOUSE would be an awesome plate! Too many letters for Michigan though...
Now that I look at it, I think I mistyped it...MCKEMSE might have been more like it...we went past it too quickly but it stood out like a sore thumb to me :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Mamabaminjamin - we're in southwestern Michigan, land of snow and arctic chill :mrgreen: Since you are located in Colorado according to your profile stamp, were you passing thru Michigan lately?

MmeLeota - I love looking at people's plates and seeing what they have thought of - one of the best I can remember right now was L8R G8R on a vette. Anything related to Disney gets a honk and a wave if I can do it without disrupting traffic :mickey:

I must say I am surprised more of my fellow subsonic's don't have more disney-fied cars. I actually want to find a good license plate frame but haven't found any online. Looking forward to finding one at one of the parks sometime in the future. :figment:

Mamabaminjamin

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Mar Wed 03, 2010 10:04 am

I spent the High School School Years in MI I live in the Waterford Ponitic Wixom Area.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 03, 2010 10:26 am

That is on the east side of the state right? You might have seen us at some point I suppose. We've had the plates for about 2 years.

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Mar Fri 05, 2010 11:36 am

My boyfriends mom who lives like 5mins away from Magic Kingdom. She has mickey head balloons on the windows of her car. Jus like the monorails and the buses :) :mickey3:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Mar Fri 05, 2010 3:31 pm

I don't have disney stuff on my car but i DO have an In-n-out Burger frame :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Fri 05, 2010 3:34 pm

DO have an In-n-out Burger frame
(in my best Homer Simpson voice) mmmmm...in-n-out burger....

Gimme an animal style burger any day!

sandi

Post by sandi » Mar Sun 07, 2010 10:35 pm

Has anyone seen a mickey mouse or wdw license plate frame anywhere?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Sun 07, 2010 11:52 pm

sandi wrote:Has anyone seen a mickey mouse or wdw license plate frame anywhere?
I don't recall ever seeing a customized plate that is a hidden Disney message. However, Disney license plate frames are pretty common. I usually will see at least one a week on the road IF I paid attention.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 07, 2010 12:23 pm

So we had to break down and buy a new *read new to us* car. Now my DH wants to put personalized plates on it but we're having a hard time deciding on what it should be...any suggestions?