License plates and other car embellishments

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

License plates and other car embellishments

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 27, 2010 10:05 am

I'm curious if anyone has personalized Disney-fied plates and/or any cute things added to their vehicle from the parks.

Pluto23
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Pluto23 » Feb Sat 27, 2010 1:27 pm

I like to get a new plate each year. I have the old ones mounted on the back wall of our garage, next to the entrance door to the house. Dated back to 2003 plus a few extras like Pirates, Doom Buggies, etc.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sat 27, 2010 1:51 pm

I love the Mickey heads that you put on the antenna! I've probably had two or three of the pink Minnie heads with a tiara on it because they get icky after a few years. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Pluto23 - I love the license plate collection on the garage wall. What a fun way to decorate!

Polynesian Princess - the mickey toppers are quite popular here in Michigan/Indiana. Nearly every other car seems to have one.

Do either of you have personalized license plates for your cars?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Sat 27, 2010 2:58 pm

I don't have personalized plates, but I have been thinking of getting some frames for the car. I do have a lot of Disney stuff in my car. I kind of wish I had an antenna on my car so I could put one of those antenna toppers on it. I see them all the time on the NJ roads.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Sat 27, 2010 5:14 pm

I don't have a personalize plate. I live in Georgia and see the Mickey antennas here and there. I forgot when I posted earlier, but I've also got some Mickey dice.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Sat 27, 2010 5:49 pm

We don't have personalized plates either, but we do have a very faded plate frame from DL. We used to have the mickey ears attenna ball on our car as well. But we had a few stolen, so we stopped putting them up.

Pluto23

Post by Pluto23 » Feb Sat 27, 2010 6:23 pm

No personalized plate for me. I wonder if Pluto23 is available??

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 27, 2010 8:07 pm

My car sports "DIZNEE" and I got my Mom "F1GMENT" It is only $15 extra per year in Michigan for personalized plates. Well worth it since it makes me smile every time I see them.

I got my idea for my plate from the DIZNEE plate I got at Test Track. There is a funny story about that original EPCOT plate. I was having lunch one day in the winter and looked out at my front plate and thought there was snow on it. When I finished lunch I went out to brush off the snow but realized my mischievous co-workers had taped over the "N" so the plate read "DIZEE" instead. Evidently it had been that way for awhile since I had gotten several amused looks while driving around that winter. Firefighters really do enjoy playing practical jokes on one another!

MmeLeota - my Mom keeps her Mickey and Jack Skellington ball toppers on her dashboard. That way she can enjoy them but no one can steal them :wink: Plus one year I spent way too much time searching through the woods down the road from our house when her Mickey decided to hitch a ride on a tree branch and go exploring.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Sun 28, 2010 2:13 am

The only closest thin to a license plate was the border thing my mom had on her old car.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Feb Sun 28, 2010 8:04 pm

I have a Goofy air freshener that I've had since July of 07. That's about it for my car :lol:. My mom has a Mickey head for her car antenna.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Mon 01, 2010 2:07 am

MmeLeota - my Mom keeps her Mickey and Jack Skellington ball toppers on her dashboard. That way she can enjoy them but no one can steal them Plus one year I spent way too much time searching through the woods down the road from our house when her Mickey decided to hitch a ride on a tree branch and go exploring
That's a great idea! We might have to try it out!

It's funny, this morning I saw a license plate MICKEMOUSE along with the same license plate frame that we have. I immediately thought of this topic.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 01, 2010 8:22 am

MICKEMOUSE would be an awesome plate! Too many letters for Michigan though...

ritchie56
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by ritchie56 » Mar Mon 01, 2010 8:36 am

I have WDW MGC. But everybody thinks it means window magic and figures we own a replacement window company. Until we get to Florida, then suddenly everybody "get's it."

Polynesian Princess

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Mon 01, 2010 7:38 pm

It really surprises me how many people have trouble with their Mickey antennas getting stolen! I've had one since probably 2002 and have never had one stolen.