License plates and other car embellishments

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Re: License plates and other car embellishments

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Wed 09, 2011 4:19 pm

They prorate the taxes that you pay...but you have to pay the "vanity" price every time you get a vanity tag or renew one. It ends up just being a tax-deductible donation...but you still have to fork out that money every time. Hopefully the tag will still be available later this year. :)

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Feb Fri 11, 2011 11:14 pm

I just submitted my application for the new tag. Its going to be "AT EPCOT" I'm so excited!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 12, 2011 7:02 am

northernmousefan2007 wrote:I just submitted my application for the new tag. Its going to be "AT EPCOT" I'm so excited!
How fun :D You chose something quickly :shock:

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Feb Sat 12, 2011 9:36 am

I have to register in February, so I want to stretch my $25 over the whole year. Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 12, 2011 11:14 am

northernmousefan2007 wrote:I have to register in February, so I want to stretch my $25 over the whole year. Image
That looks nice!! :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Feb Sat 12, 2011 2:14 pm

By chance my plate missed getting the standard 3 letter start of WDW by about three weeks. In late 2007 NJ used WDW and WED. I've seem vehicles with both those on the road and wished I was that lucky.

I have been trying to bring up the idea of a custom Disney themed plate for when we get a new car. I like the looks of the AT EPCOT plate. Right now I have the idea for getting "SIMBA 1" as a tribute to Kilamanjaro Safaris
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Len90 wrote:By chance my plate missed getting the standard 3 letter start of WDW by about three weeks. In late 2007 NJ used WDW and WED. I've seem vehicles with both those on the road and wished I was that lucky.

I have been trying to bring up the idea of a custom Disney themed plate for when we get a new car. I like the looks of the AT EPCOT plate. Right now I have the idea for getting "SIMBA 1" as a tribute to Kilamanjaro Safaris
That would have been nice to get a Disney plate for free compliments of the timing of the NJ DMV!!
I like Simba 1, that would be cool :cool:

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Feb Sun 13, 2011 12:16 am

Len90 wrote:I have been trying to bring up the idea of a custom Disney themed plate for when we get a new car. I like the looks of the AT EPCOT plate. Right now I have the idea for getting "SIMBA 1" as a tribute to Kilamanjaro Safaris
Thats a great idea Len. Here is what it would look like in Maine at least. Image

Figment of Imagination
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Figment of Imagination » Feb Wed 23, 2011 2:31 pm

I love the Mickey heads that you put on the antenna. I see lots of them in Jersey. I've never bought one though. The Figment one is not very nice looking, I don't know if they even sell it anymore.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Figment of Imagination wrote:I love the Mickey heads that you put on the antenna. I see lots of them in Jersey. I've never bought one though. The Figment one is not very nice looking, I don't know if they even sell it anymore.
I don't remember seeing a Figment antenna topper on this past trip. They did have some Figment merchandise in the gift shop after the JII attraction, but not much :( which made my Mom very sad...she loves Figgy

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 23, 2011 3:21 pm

Amy wrote:
Figment of Imagination wrote:I love the Mickey heads that you put on the antenna. I see lots of them in Jersey. I've never bought one though. The Figment one is not very nice looking, I don't know if they even sell it anymore.
I don't remember seeing a Figment antenna topper on this past trip. They did have some Figment merchandise in the gift shop after the JII attraction, but not much :( which made my Mom very sad...she loves Figgy
It's been a while since I was at JIYI at EPCOT (more than 1 year) but I do remember the antenna toppers at the time. Check with the WDW mail order service and you may be able to get it that way.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Feb Wed 23, 2011 5:18 pm

I got this decal online, It's tasteful and not to attention drawing. I also have a mickey antenna ball, it says "Disney" and the ears are swept back at an angle. I have never seen one like it, from what I understand it came from DLP.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 23, 2011 9:23 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:Image
I got this decal online, It's tasteful and not to attention drawing. I also have a mickey antenna ball, it says "Disney" and the ears are swept back at an angle. I have never seen one like it, from what I understand it came from DLP.
That is a cute decal ~ I've never seen one like it before :mickey:

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Feb Fri 25, 2011 9:17 am

There is a seller on etsy who makes them custom. Any color, or design. I also have the partners statue silhouette and a marching mickey. All for $5 too :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 25, 2011 9:18 am

northernmousefan2007 wrote:There is a seller on etsy who makes them custom. Any color, or design. I also have the partners statue silhouette and a marching mickey. All for $5 too :wink:
Wow ~ that is a nice price too! Might need to mosey on over and take a look at etsy :D