Disney for Adults

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Disney for Adults

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Mon 22, 2010 12:57 pm

Here's a great article they had on AOL about Adults going to Disney without the kids!! I think mine would KILL us!! LOL:

http://travel.aol.com/disney
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Mon 22, 2010 2:48 pm

I enjoyed looking at that! I'm not surprised they focused on the non park things, since I think most people assume that's all that's there. I'm just surprised they didn't mention more of the bigger thrill rides like Everest and Tower of Terror.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Mon 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I do this with my best friend whenever we decide to go. The last couple of times I went with him and his dad and his niece but sooner or later we can go again when our schedule permits.

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Mar Mon 01, 2010 8:15 pm

My wife and I went last month for 4 nights without the kids. Our 16 year old didn't want to miss 3 days of school and our 19 year old is in college, so that just left us. The ironic thing is that when the kids are young you would love to be able to go without them. As they get older, you want to spend as much time with them as you can. WDW without kids is still fun. It's just a different kind of fun.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Tue 02, 2010 12:40 am

I honestly don't know if I would be able to go without kids. I do know that I would be very unhappy if my parents ever went to WDW without me. I have found that over the past couple of years, WDW has expanded itself to include a lot of relaxing adult themed activities. It is good to see Disney appealing to all demographics.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Tue 02, 2010 9:43 am

Oh yeh, you can go without kids, Len90, trust me. I'm surprised you haven't tried to get some of your college pals to go on a weekend trip or during Spring Break. Then again, it was easy for me in college - I lived in Gainesville! :wink:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Tue 02, 2010 11:04 am

mindflipper wrote:Oh yeh, you can go without kids, Len90, trust me. I'm surprised you haven't tried to get some of your college pals to go on a weekend trip or during Spring Break. Then again, it was easy for me in college - I lived in Gainesville! :wink:
You know how tough it is to get a group of people together to go to Disney? For some reason they all want to go to those big Spring Break places or not do anything at all. Also, I usually have a summer vacation in the works and I always put the most focus on making that perfect.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Mamabaminjamin
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Mar Tue 02, 2010 11:18 am

My In laws go all the time without the "kids". I think they learn this last trip bringing the kids and grandkids is challenging and exhausting(SP).

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Mar Tue 02, 2010 12:08 pm

Len90, Spring Break about is about being spontaneous and going it unplanned. Just living in the moment. Where more perfect for that than WDW? And you can't find other WDW nuts to go with you?? That's a shame! Where better to drunk than at EPCOT World Showcase LOL? At least you get variety and style - better than binging on a keg IMO. Although they do frown upon underage-drinking, so that's a minus.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Tue 02, 2010 2:54 pm

mindflipper wrote:Len90, Spring Break about is about being spontaneous and going it unplanned. Just living in the moment. Where more perfect for that than WDW? And you can't find other WDW nuts to go with you?? That's a shame! Where better to drunk than at EPCOT World Showcase LOL? At least you get variety and style - better than binging on a keg IMO. Although they do frown upon underage-drinking, so that's a minus.
No drinking until 21 :D It takes a long time to organize a Spring Break trip. You really need to plan in advance and hope that everybody will be willing to do what you want to do. I would much rather go with my family or my subsonic family. I know you all would want to have fun at the parks!
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 02, 2010 9:46 pm

I have always gone to the parks with my Mom so I think it would be fun to take my youngest niece to the parks. I actually got to go to DL with my other niece and nephew from California but they weren't very into the trip. They were hot, they were hungry, the line was too long... I can see where leaving the kids home would be very appealing.

pixiesparkles

Post by pixiesparkles » Mar Wed 24, 2010 8:59 am

My kids would disown me lol.

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Mar Wed 24, 2010 9:31 am

I think a combo Disney/Ft Lauderdale/Miami type Spring Break is an awesome idea!

See all the hot girls on South Beach and then live it up at WDW before heading back to class!

Would cost a pretty penny tho... I stayed at the Loews Hotel on South Beach once and it cost me nearly $600 a night... but was fun nonetheless...

indianagirl21
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Disney for Adults

Post by indianagirl21 » Aug Thu 19, 2010 7:07 pm

I don't have kids but I sometimes take the ones I babysit a lot to the Disney Parks and its a big hassle and a lot of worrying.

I think Disney can definitely be for adults too and should experience it 21 and over for sure! I know I do :hatter_bounce: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney for Adults

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 19, 2010 7:51 pm

indianagirl21 wrote:I don't have kids but I sometimes take the ones I babysit a lot to the Disney Parks and its a big hassle and a lot of worrying.

I think Disney can definitely be for adults too and should experience it 21 and over for sure! I know I do :hatter_bounce: :lol:
You get to take the kids you babysit to the parks?! That would be awesome!