Pogo: Electronic Musician Samples Classic Disney Films

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

bcgm3
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Pogo: Electronic Musician Samples Classic Disney Films

Post by bcgm3 » Aug Sat 01, 2009 2:44 pm

I thought maybe some users here might be interested in ways Disney is influencing one modern musician. I searched the forum to see if there'd been any posts about this before, but didn't find any.

Just wanted to bring everyone's attention to an electronic musician I've been listening to a lot lately, whom made a recent rise to internet-stardom with an audio/video remix of Disney's animated classic, Alice in Wonderland, titled "Alice" (which has received over 3 Million views now). He goes by Pogo, is from Australia, and has a considerable body of work (and corresponding fanbase) involving highly intricate re-compositions of classic Disney films; which range from Alice in Wonderland to Mary Poppins to The Sword in the Stone, as well as some other non-Disney (but still fun and nostalgic) movies.
  • The best way to experience the piece is the video on his YouTube channel, which is here... Pogo's "Alice" on YouTube (Available in High Quality).

If you like that, check out the rest of his awesome audio/video remixes of other Disney (and others) classics, all here... Pogo's YouTube Channel.

All of his music is distributed online, free of charge, via Last.FM (as the source material isn't licensed, he presumably must operate under a "strictly-no-profit" distribution, so that explains that), here... Pogo's Last.FM Station (Albums are listed about 1/4th down the page).

Lastly, he's got a MySpace account where he uploads some of his tracks and makes bulletins to fans who want to keep up with his (VERY active) group of work, here... Pogo's MySpace.
Anyway, just spreading the word. If you're a fan of electronic music, or (perhaps more likely here?) just a fan of Disney music and maybe want to see a new spin on an old favorite, please check him out. Maybe not something for everyone, but worth a shot. Reply here if you have any commentary, would love to hear some outside opinions.