How do you rack up your Disney Visa Chase Rewards??

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Apr Wed 29, 2009 1:56 pm

We use it for gas, restaurants sometimes with work, etc and we earned enough points to completely pay for 5 people to go to the hoop-dee-doo with about $100.00 left over. Just don't get in such a big hurry to rack up points that you charge more than you can pay off at the end of the month. If you are having to pay intrest on the balance it kind of voids the benefit of earning "free"points.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Apr Wed 29, 2009 5:17 pm

The meet and great are located in one of the innoventions. I have done this 3 times already and have enver waited more than 10 min, and there were 2characters everytime we went. once it was mickey/pluto, mickey/goofy, and goofy/donald. It really was fun!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Wed 29, 2009 10:01 pm

spodie wrote:I've been a cardmember since last July and have already racked up almost 100 points - it really adds up quickly! I also like the perks to the park that it gives too - last December, we got Free Dining that was only available to Cardmembers.

Can someone explain how this Character Meet and Greet works? I've heard about it, but don't know exactly how it works.
Sure, the meet and greet is awesome, you go to EPCOT, Innoventions West, I'd have to look up the times and get back to you on that but I believe it's at 1PM and 4:30PM (don't quote me though on that!) You line up outside a curtain area, a CM will check to make sure you have your Disney Visa and give you a ticket, you and whoever is in your party are then let into the private room, it's one of the Fab 5 characters (or two, we had Mickey and Pluto) and a CM will take pictures of you and your family! Give them about one hour and you can pick up your free 5x7 at the Kodak store right by SSE. It's pretty awesome b/c it's just you and your family, makes you feel like a real VIP!!! We will definately take advantage of this on our next trip!!! 8-)

JPG
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by JPG » Apr Thu 30, 2009 3:43 am

wdwannabe wrote:
BTW, JPG, I love your count down ticker!
Thanks!!! I got it from Mickeypath.com

Side note....The character meet and greet is a cool benefir of being a card holder. We have had as many as 3 characters in there at one time: Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy..And I agree, it does make you and your family feel very special as the characters spend a lot of time with you, and the photographer takes a lot of cool shots of the characters interaction with your family. Not just posed shots..

wdwannabe
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by wdwannabe » Apr Thu 30, 2009 9:27 am

Hey that is a very nice picture!!! Thanks for sharing.
First Family Visit
POP Century - September 2006

Second Family Visit
2013 Fall/Winter-Christmas

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Thu 30, 2009 9:36 am

Awesome pic. JPG! I hope we get 3 characters on our next visit!! Very cool!
8-)

Peerless83
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Peerless83 » Apr Thu 30, 2009 10:33 am

i use it to finance my addiction to cavier and bottles of Dom. aka noodle soup and miller high life.

you know it is the champagne of beers after all!

cinderella75
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cinderella75 » Apr Thu 30, 2009 12:58 pm

In the past when I rented a car or mini van at the airport :wave: I would get a cheaper price :ccat: or an upgrade at no extra charge :figment: for paying with my chase disney card :hatter_bounce:
When you BELIEVE and have FAITH, WISHES and DREAMS do come TRUE :-)

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Jul Fri 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Yeah, there's all kinds of little perks just for being a cardholder but the points are the main thing for us. We put EVERYTHING on that card....Bills, Food, Gas, Restuarants - you'd be surprised how fast it adds up. Basically anything you spend during the month and then you pay it off so you don't carry a balance or get interest. Even big purchases like computers, TVs.....and trips to WDW of course!

You can easily rack up over a couple hundred points in a year so that's $200+ in your pocket to use for anything Disney. We always save them for trips to WDW and it usually pays for one of the park tix

If I can only get my mortgage company to let us pay by credit card we'd be set!!!

trekty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by trekty » Jul Mon 20, 2009 7:58 am

The card also gives you 6 months no interest an Disney Packages (hotel & theme park admission)
Nancie
Any day above ground is a good one

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Jul Wed 22, 2009 7:12 pm

We, too, pay for EVERYTHING we can on the card. With the exception of tithe, water, and lawn bills that have to be paid by check, it all goes on the Visa.

And, it's fun to have every other person tell you how cute your card is. ;)
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 22, 2009 7:53 pm

SWHorn wrote:We, too, pay for EVERYTHING we can on the card. With the exception of tithe, water, and lawn bills that have to be paid by check, it all goes on the Visa.

And, it's fun to have every other person tell you how cute your card is. ;)
I always get comments on "how cute" my Disney Visa is too!!! Which one do you have? I have the classic Mickey! :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Can someone explain how many dollars is one point and how many points gets you what rewad.

Thanks in advance.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 22, 2009 10:35 pm

Basically for every $100 you spend, you get one Disney Dollar. You have to accumulate at least $25 to cash them out and you can use them on whatever you want. Resort stay, park tix, food in the parks, Disney merchandise etc.......
From time to time, they will send you things in the mail, like to register and you can earn 5x's the Disney dollars if you spend X amt. on gas, dining, groceries, things like that. Along with other perks like discounts and character meet and greets.

I learned on our last trip, that you can now cash your Disney Dollars out right in Disney World! Which is great for me, b/c I like to wait until the last possible moment to accumulate the most DD's!!! You just go to the guest relations window, and they will give you your Disney Rewards Card, you call in and they will load it for you over the phone!!! That really came in handy.

Len, if you and your family don't have a Disney Visa, you really need to get one and start racking up the points! Hope that helped?!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 22, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks for the info boilerbabe. Does it cost you any points at the meet and greet in EPCOT or is that just a perk you get with having the card.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"